The Leaked Demos - Who still listens?

W. Axl Kev

Just earlier I deleted the leaks from my computer. They are fuckin' brilliant but it's time I stopped listening to them and wait for the album. In February we had a blessing in the form of leaks and we all had fun with that but now I'm not listening to these songs anymore, so they still sound ace on the record.

Does anyone think that by listening to these songs we will ruin them for ourselves once the album does come out? If we keep on listening and listening there ain't gonna be that 'wow' factor when they come on as we listen to 'Chinese Democracy' (should a God allow that we get to).

So I'm done with them. I seriously doubt Axl wants us to hear demos of his masterpiece, no one wants a leak in the roof, but as this means so much to him I kinda feel an obligation to wait for him now. Clearly things are looking positive and I for one will wait with or without the leaks.

I dare any of you to do the same... Credit to those who have already done so or never listened in the first place. I have seen the light. :)

Edited by W. Axl Kev

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just earlier I deleted the leaks from my computer. They are fuckin' brilliant but it's time I stopped listening to them and wait for the album. In February we had a blessing in the form of leaks and we all had fun with that but now I'm not listening to these songs anymore, so they still sound ace on the record.

Does anyone think that by listening to these songs we will ruin them for ourselves once the album does come out? If we keep on listening and listening there ain't gonna be that 'wow' factor when they come on as we listen to 'Chinese Democracy' (should a God allow that we get to).

So I'm done with them. I seriously doubt Axl wants us to hear demos of his masterpiece, no one wants a leak in the roof, but as this means so much to him I kinda feel an obligation to wait for him now. Clearly things are looking positive and I for one will wait with or without the leaks.

I dare any of you to do the same... Credit to those who have already done so or never listened in the first place. I have seen the light. :)

I downloaded 2 songs and listened to each one once. Like the potential, but think they have a long way to go to reach the level of greatness associated with GnR.

I am waiting for CD to be released before listening to them again or downloading any others. I'm already skeptical and I don't want to add to that by listening to music that isn't his best.

i can't help listening :( i know that they will not be ruined for me when the new album comes out though, because the sound will be so much crisper and cleaner. and when i listen to it in my car as opposed to 5 dollar speakers on my computer, im gonna rock3 ten times more :)

i can't help listening :( i know that they will not be ruined for me when the new album comes out though, because the sound will be so much crisper and cleaner. and when i listen to it in my car as opposed to 5 dollar speakers on my computer, im gonna rock3 ten times more :)

im with you man. the leaks rock! its better than crack! i listen to the leaks everyday!!!

I still listen to them, but if these songs are anything but either 1.) filler or 2.) songs that have been reworked on a crap-load more since what we have, Chinese Democracy will be a huge disapointment.

In the spirit of the end of the school semester, here are my grades for the new tracks:

There was a Time C-

Better B

Silk Worms F (if the grading scale went to Z, it would get a Z)

The Blues C

Chinese Democracy B-

Madagascar C-

Cather in the Rye C

Rhiad and the Beduins C+ (this one might actually rock, but I've only heard crappy bootlegs, so I dunno yet)

Oh My God B

IRS B-

XOXO Screetcher

I for the first time heard Catcher, IRS, TWAT, BETTER. I was a little behind on those songs since i have fuckin dial up at home. But i found a link with them, and i think i just listen to Better at least 15times in a row. That song is the shit!!!!!!!!!!

I still listen to them, but if these songs are anything but either 1.) filler or 2.) songs that have been reworked on a crap-load more since what we have, Chinese Democracy will be a huge disapointment.

In the spirit of the end of the school semester, here are my grades for the new tracks:

There was a Time C-

Better B

Silk Worms F (if the grading scale went to Z, it would get a Z)

The Blues C

Chinese Democracy B-

Madagascar C-

Cather in the Rye C

Rhiad and the Beduins C+ (this one might actually rock, but I've only heard crappy bootlegs, so I dunno yet)

Oh My God B

IRS B-

XOXO Screetcher

you sir, are 100% insane