The Leaked Demos - Who still listens?

W. Axl Kev

I listen all of them, aside from IRS, pretty much every day. The lyrics have a lot to do with the time I am going through in my life right now, and I keep picking out new applications in the lyrcis that I have not noticed before. I don't really like I.R.S. that much though, I feel like the general tune is too bland and is just a walk up the clef. The solo work, and some of the stuff at the end is cool tho, but not something I can listen to every day.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definetely still listen to them alot. It gives me a "guns n' roses high". It give me "guns n' roses-hope". Its the most concrete evidence we have of a an album that has become as notorius as brian wilson's "pet sounds" (i think thats what his famous "lost" album was called). What happens if (knock on wood) axl flips shit again and the album NEVER comes out. I have these songs still and I'm gonna still listen to them until the fricking thing comes out. I have promised myslef though to not listen to any more songs that might be leaked so i dont ruin the album for myself. I listen to IRS, and BETTER when i work out cause they get me pumped, i listen to catcher in the rye to mellow out and i listen to twat if i just want to listen to an epic song.

Just earlier I deleted the leaks from my computer. They are fuckin' brilliant but it's time I stopped listening to them and wait for the album. In February we had a blessing in the form of leaks and we all had fun with that but now I'm not listening to these songs anymore, so they still sound ace on the record.

Does anyone think that by listening to these songs we will ruin them for ourselves once the album does come out? If we keep on listening and listening there ain't gonna be that 'wow' factor when they come on as we listen to 'Chinese Democracy' (should a God allow that we get to).

So I'm done with them. I seriously doubt Axl wants us to hear demos of his masterpiece, no one wants a leak in the roof, but as this means so much to him I kinda feel an obligation to wait for him now. Clearly things are looking positive and I for one will wait with or without the leaks.

I dare any of you to do the same... Credit to those who have already done so or never listened in the first place. I have seen the light. :)

I downloaded 2 songs and listened to each one once. Like the potential, but think they have a long way to go to reach the level of greatness associated with GnR.

I am waiting for CD to be released before listening to them again or downloading any others. I'm already skeptical and I don't want to add to that by listening to music that isn't his best.

What songs do U have? :rolleyes:

Yep... Stil listening, but I'm getting bored by IRS by now, hope it won't be on CD.

And I love the other, but I think better sounds pretty unfinished (just listen to the bridges in the song), I thing Axl will never allow this song on CD in this version (but I love the sound of the song though)!

I listen to them all the time.

The only bad thing I can find with the leaks is that it's taken the shine off the old songs for me.

I still love 'em, but the leaks sound great.

If and when the album comes out I doubt I'll listen to the old songs for a while!

LP

I listen to them all the time... I actually listen to them right now.. :) But all o' them got low quality, so I know it wont ruin the cd.. They will sound a lot different when they come out at the cd... :P

I LISTEN TO THEM EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME...today I bY a COinCIDENCE happened to listen to sweet child o mine and thought to myself that I shouldn´t forget the old songs, they still exist :P

But it´s not my fault that Catcher In The Rye is the best song through all-times...

or I regret myself, Paradise City is the best:

1. Paradise City

2. Cather In The Rye

3. Rocket Queen

4. Sweet Child O Mine

5. Better

Damn I havent heard Rocket Queen for 3-4 months, I hope it sounds great next time I hear it.

BUT BETTER has to be longer, it ends to soon!