Official 3rd Guitarist Guessing Thread

zrose27

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...bringing back any old member would just cause more confusion and jesus I could never see Axl saying "Well Robin, thanks for your YEARS of hardwork, but Slash is going to come back for awhile." fuck that...would be a total lack of respect to this new band. So I agree

Finck already left GNR back in the '90s. Axl didn't forget that...

livin in a fantasy world indeed sir...looking for any excuse...won't happen

Have you read this thread? http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=29440.0

Quote #3

The one with the Diezel and Marshall heads sounds like Richard Fortus. Interestingly, there is no other mention of mention of Marshall, which Robin Finck uses for both amps and cabinets.

Here is what intrigues me most. According to the HTGTH former members section Izzy Stradlin' uses both Fender Bassman amp and Mesa/Boogie cabinet. Steve Winstead was the guitar tech for Rick Richards and possibly Izzy in the Ju Ju Hounds. He also has backing vocals credits on some of their albums. Now look at the info for the first guitarist on stage left above.

Like I said I'm not totally sure Steve Winstead is Izzy's guitar tech but he's definately worked with the Ju Ju Hounds. That along with the fact Izzy's amp and cabinet match the details above and that the original poster said Dizzy's guitar tech [which sounds like it could mean Izzy's guitar tech, could be a mistake or a cover up so the secret doesn't get out] will be present, and he was always on the left side of the stage and then Izzy's recent party with Axl and this is definately getting interesting.

Oh and not only does John 5 use that specific laney amp but robert long is his guitar tech as well:

http://ca.geocities.com/seikokumano2000/gear/laney.htm

If all this is info is real we could be looking at Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, John 5 and Izzy Stradlin'.

Hold on a second whilst I try to grab this. Is this suggesting that Robin Finck is no longer in Guns N' Roses? That would be crazy were it true. John 5 is a fuckin' brilliant guitarist but isn't he already committed to Rob Zombie or something?

It will be Derek Trucks as the new employee on stage tomorrow night

That rumour doesn't pan out either...he's touring in Clapton's band (according to Truck's website)

agreed it has to be someone famous or would stupid to keep it a secret

He kept Richard Fortus a secret. Don't think he even announced him before the overseas tour started, Fortus just showed up on stage.

It absolutely has to be Izzy. If it wasn't, Axl wouldn't keep it a suprise. Anyone else but Izzy, except for Slash of course, would be a let down. Who is a big enough guitar player who fans will actually really care about? Maybe Zakk Wyld. But I'm pretty sure he hates Axl. Maybe Dave Navarro- but he's friends with VR.

Can't wait to see Izzy tonite.

It absolutely has to be Izzy. If it wasn't, Axl wouldn't keep it a suprise. Anyone else but Izzy, except for Slash of course, would be a let down. Who is a big enough guitar player who fans will actually really care about? Maybe Zakk Wyld. But I'm pretty sure he hates Axl. Maybe Dave Navarro- but he's friends with VR.

Can't wait to see Izzy tonite.

You will be waiting for quite some time my friend ;)

It's not Izzy!