Riyadh and the Bedouins: a classic of the future?

Axls_Disillusion

The more I listen to this song the more I am convinced this is one of the big guns. I hope if its not on Chinese Democracy as rumored, it is on the second album.. Its just a kickass song, and I could see it being radio friendly and all that good shit. rock2

I wonder who contributed most to writing the song?

I got to hear Chinese Democracy, The Blues, and Madagascar live in person, but not Riyadh YET! I am crossing my fingers that they play it on the 17th! :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think they will play it dude, it didnt get that many good reactions from what i remember...

but your right, its one of the best of all the new songs IMO

I think it would get a great reaction in NY. People tend to like songs they already know at concerts.

Judging from the bootlegs?... No. In fact, I'd say it's a dud.

But it does have some redeeming qualities and I wouldn't mind hearing a studio version where Axl can get his vocals spot-on.

dud shmud. Its a fucking masterpiece, you have yet to recognize. Unfortunately we don't have a soundboard recording yet :(

I want anyone who hasn't given the song a fair shake to check out this recording from Osakachina.gif

Riyadh and the Bedouins

But it does have some redeeming qualities and I wouldn't mind hearing a studio version where Axl can get his vocals spot-on.

dud shmud. Its a fucking masterpiece, you have yet to recognize. Unfortunately we don't have a soundboard recording yet :(

I want anyone who hasn't given the song a fair shake to check out this recording from Osakachina.gif

Riyadh and the Bedouins

In it's current form it's shit mang...sorry...I just heard that Osaka version...way too many soundeffects....

But...it does have potential...

Riyadh and the Bedouins

Is this the best version out?? If it isnt could someone please send me a better version?? Thanks

And thanks for posting this, it sounds pretty good from what I can tell.

Riyadh and the Bedouins

Is this the best version out?? If it isnt could someone please send me a better version?? Thanks

And thanks for posting this, it sounds pretty good from what I can tell.

ya thats about as good of quality as it gets.. someone did some kind of remix of that one that improved the sound a little bit, but not by much.

Musically, this song fucking rules - It's in the lyrics and the lack of a strong chorus that the song suffers. I love that intro, and the guitar solos are blazing.

If the song has been scrapped, I at least hope that GNR kept that awesome intro - It's a terrific rev-up.

I agree. 'Riyadh and the Bedouins' is a really good song. It needs to have a few things to be a success though. 1) Lose the heart beat at the start 2) Have really strong vocals from Axl. He sounds awesome in the Osaka version but if it was really precise for the final album it could be great.

I'll give a listen to this monitor mix. :)

EDIT: Wow, the guy can sing.

Edited by W. Axl Kev