Robin Finck

Rick

I'm not discrediting what Slash did with Guns n Roses, he is an awesome guitarist and gave us memorable riffs, but now there's now another guy in the GnR camp because Slash left, and that is

Robin Finck. rock2

Axl-rocks,

Robin Finck is in the band for almost 10 years... :rolleyes:

The new guitarist is called Bumblefoot, not Robin Finck.

Hope that helps. :)

I never said he was new

I know he has been in GnR for 10 years

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Slash: he was great with GN'R, but I haven't been impressed at all with his other stuff - outside Guns. He did some decent stuff here and there, but nothing compares to the riffs and solos he did for GN'R. Not even his Street Child work (the Elan song), which so many people praise. Not even that impressed me that much.

That's precisely why a lot of people want him back : to listen to the great Axl/Slash combination again.

I agree with the fact that out of Guns, Slash ain't so good.

Edited by Alan Niveen

comlpete horse shit... :)

ive seen him live n he still kicks ass...most the solos off contraband were improvised takes...(to my memory)...he has stated he doesnt/didnt spend as much time as he used to on them...which is fair enough...more feeling the song and letting it flow...however noone can tell me his solos and riffs in snakepit arent up to the same standard of his work with guns n roses...you wanna hear a ball tearing solo..?listen to back and fourth again...remember how much axl was fuming coz he wanted slashs stuff on his record...

ive seen him live n he still kicks ass...most the solos off contraband were improvised takes...(to my memory)...he has stated he doesnt/didnt spend as much time as he used to on them...which is fair enough...more feeling the song and letting it flow...however noone can tell me his solos and riffs in snakepit arent up to the same standard of his work with guns n roses...you wanna hear a ball tearing solo..?listen to back and fourth again...remember how much axl was fuming coz he wanted slashs stuff on his record...

he may still kick ass, but he hasn't done anything memorable since leaving Guns. Snakepit was not well received and VR is mediocre. He doesn't have Axl to push him that extra step to be great now. 2cents.gif

he may still kick ass, but he hasn't done anything memorable since leaving Guns. Snakepit was not well received and VR is mediocre. He doesn't have Axl to push him that extra step to be great now. 2cents.gif

who cares what gets received and what not...look at the time when snakepit was released...was hardly a well received time period for rock in general...that statement has no substance for me...

who cares what gets received and what not...look at the time when snakepit was released...was hardly a well received time period for rock in general...that statement has no substance for me...

I can't remember when there was a "well recieved time period for rock in general" in a long time.

Snakepit didn't have enough about it to be a great success.

R.

I can't remember when there was a "well recieved time period for rock in general" in a long time.

Snakepit didn't have enough about it to be a great success.

R.

you're a guns n roses fan and u can't remember when rock was well received..? :question:

id say from about '93/'94 onwards music has never been the same due to popular culture...it seems however things are very slowly coming around...

you're a guns n roses fan and u can't remember when rock was well received..? :question:

I said 'in a long time' - 14 years a pretty big portion of my life.

id say from about '93/'94 onwards music has never been the same due to popular culture...it seems however things are very slowly coming around...

True. Sad but true. The end of Britpop was the end of decent music for me.

R.

I said 'in a long time' - 14 years a pretty big portion of my life.

True. Sad but true. The end of Britpop was the end of decent music for me.

R.

obviously you said in a long time...what i meant was you were trying to take away from my statement that the time period was definitely against the success of snakepit...im not saying they were a masive band or anything...but a_d's statement that they weren't well received doesn't have much behind it due to the popular culture of the times...

As far as I know Axl refused to have Slash's material on the album and that was one of the contributing factors of Slash's departure....

That's what I've always been lead to believe anyway.....

I think acceptance is ok but it's a bit depressing for Finck. We accept you, sort of. I respect the whole project and find it all very enertaining and I'm astonished by the new material but I don't think people will ever think Finck is GNR. I'm sorry, the fans love him and all but it's not going to happen.

Whatever people say the fans fucking LOVED Slash n Izzy. They fucking loved them. The biggest cheer at a GNR concert was when Slash came out with a beer to play the Godfather theme...or when those chicks took their tops off when we were waiting for Axl.

As far as I know Axl refused to have Slash's material on the album and that was one of the contributing factors of Slash's departure....

That's what I've always been lead to believe anyway.....

lead to beleive, that's it hey.

Did you know it's a fact that Slash refused alot of Axls material too.

I think acceptance is ok but it's a bit depressing for Finck. We accept you, sort of. I respect the whole project and find it all very enertaining and I'm astonished by the new material but I don't think people will ever think Finck is GNR. I'm sorry, the fans love him and all but it's not going to happen.

Whatever people say the fans fucking LOVED Slash n Izzy. They fucking loved them. The biggest cheer at a GNR concert was when Slash came out with a beer to play the Godfather theme...or when those chicks took their tops off when we were waiting for Axl.

Finck is GnR

rock2

If Robin or whatever his name is plays the songs right, he's doing what he's paid for and I'm fine with that. But I don't care if the guy is Robin, Bumblefoot or Jimi fuckin' Hendrix as long as he is doing his job.

I'd only care who's on the guitar if it would be Slash or Izzy

Finck is GnR

rock2

Looks like you are still trying to convince yourself...

no I don't need convincing, unlike you who still needs convincing that Slash left GnR a decade ago and still needs to hold on to something that just isn't there.

I started to like him the moment I heard his solo in ''Better''. It's fuckin' brilliant!! That's where he proved to me that he could do more than just play Slash's stuff. :)

Edited by Gnar