• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Johnette from Concrete Blonde.

Emmylou Harris

Heart

Laura Nyro - she changed the game - Joni did the "confessional" music after she did.

Stevie Nicks & Christine McVie (before Stevie joined, she had some great songs with FM)

Joan Baez - even though she hits notes that annoy me.

Elkie Brooks - not known outside of the UK, but should be in the rock hall. And she's still singing.

Tina Turner in the Ike and Tina days - unbelievable. Even in her 70s, she made Beyonce look like a complete amateur.

2 Fairport alumni - Linda Thompson and Sandy Denny.

Marianne Faithfull

Wanda Jackson

Chrissie Hynde

Joan Jett

Alison Krauss - prefer her without Robert Plant though

Bonnie Raitt - another one to see live over listening to her studio stuff... another one that was harder edged back in the day and became background yuppie Patrick Bateman music.

Aretha - only thing is her shows were 75 percent gospel, 25 percent the hits when I saw it.

Pat Benatar - still has a great voice and still out there singing.

Darlene Love and Ronnie Spector - made so many great songs, they're in their 60s/70s and they still sound great.

Gladys Knight

Mavis Staples

Tori Amos

Kate Bush

Cyndi Lauper

Janis

Dolly Parton

Nancy Sinatra- not the best singer, but her catalog has some favorites, esp. the stuff with Lee Hazlewood.

Sarah Brightman

B-52s - how could they not be on a favorite female list??

Patti Smith

Sade

Ani DiFranco

Annie Lennox

Joni Mitchell

Dusty Springfield

Elizabeth Fraser

Regina Spektor

Cat Power

Amanda Palmer

Bonnie Bramlett (Bonnie and Delaney)

I am not a country fan ,but Carrie Underwood is awesome! She has a great voice, and puts on a great live show. When my special somebody and myself saw her, she sang ”Paradise city”. Her band was weak, but she nailed it! I think she has one of the best voices out there.

I am not a country fan ,but Carrie Underwood is awesome! She has a great voice, and puts on a great live show. When my special somebody and myself saw her, she sang ”Paradise city”. Her band was weak, but she nailed it! I think she has one of the best voices out there.

This. She is by far my favorite female singer. I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl a year ago tomorrow and man, her voice is powerful. It was perfect. She also does a mean version of SCOM, and her November Rain is stunning.

Candice Night, Hayley Williams, Amy Lee, Sarah Brightman and Sharon den Adel are some of my other favorites.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill