GN'R won't have mainstream popularity in U.S.after CD release.

Sprite

Exactly what the topic title say, you've seen other 80's bands try it, it never works. Sorry Axl, mainstream fame is over for you. :(

All I'm saying is it might have one week in the top 10 than it's over with. Most of the people who decide top 40 (teenagers) don't even know/care about Guns N' Roses.

I feel like such a nerd when I post topics. :lol:

Edited by Sprite

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what the topic title say, you've seen other 80's bands try it, it never works. Sorry Axl, mainstream fame is over for you. :(

All I'm saying is it might have one week in the top 10 than it's over with. Most of the people who decide top 40 (teenagers) don't even know/care about Guns N' Roses.

WHY WHINE?

EDITED COPY OF POST BY ADMIN FROM A RESPECTED GNR FORUM.........

Yes, some of this whining needs to stop! You might get the impression this board is for people who fucking hate the band when you look at this section. rolleyes.gif

It's ridiculous. People act like nothing the band does is right. Whining about guitar players, Axl (as usual), setlists, show length, where they play, who's opening for the band, who's making guest appearances and how often, what they're wearing, what Axl didn't say in between songs etc etc.

WHY CAN'T OUR ADMINS & MODS ADOPT THIS ATTITUDE? WARCHILD

WHY WHINE?

Yes, some of this whining needs to stop! You might get the impression this board is for people who fucking hate the band when you look at this section. rolleyes.gif

It's ridiculous. People act like nothing the band does is right. Whining about guitar players, Axl (as usual), setlists, show length, where they play, who's opening for the band, who's making guest appearances and how often, what they're wearing, what Axl didn't say in between songs etc etc.

We do have that attitude Warchild - but we also allow people a degree of 'freedom of speech'. This topic, for example, has been discussed many a time, but isn't bashing - so it goes in the Dust N' Bones section.

People will whinge that we moderate too much, people will whinge that we don't moderate enough. You can't please everyone.

If the moderation is such a problem for you here, you know what to do.

WHY WHINE?

We do have that attitude Warchild - but we also allow people a degree of 'freedom of speech'. This topic, for example, has been discussed many a time, but isn't bashing - so it goes in the Dust N' Bones section.

People will whinge that we moderate too much, people will whinge that we don't moderate enough. You can't please everyone.

Yes, contact Eric! I'm feeling like a pariah here........

Thanx for putting it in Dust n Bones!

WC

You may be right however I think better could and probably will go #1 here in the US. My reasoning is this, the airways right now are full of punk crap, which has definately lost it's zeal when it began to take over the airways a few years ago, now there are just too many crappy bands on the airway with songs that shouldnt even get airplay finding themselfs all the way up to number 10 or so. Hell Mariah Carey finaly made it back on top after about 10 years of trying and to be honest her shit isnt any better, just the other shit on the radio is that much worse.

So have a little confidence, chances are if you love some of the new material, others are gonna like it also.

i actually agree with you.

But you can never count Axl down. At the very least you'll get a great fuckin album. Best in the last 10 years I bet.

So what if mainstream teeny boppers don't like it. They really won't. They need image and new GNR's image, well, seriously lacks.

They don't have that kickass presence they had back in the day.

WHY WHINE?

OWNED :rofl-lol:

I don't really agree. Look how well GH sold, and is still selling. I think if they give it the right promo, and the songs are half decent, it could do really well.

Good point..GH sold massively well.

AND..GnR was/is the biggest selling tour in the UK currently (it may have changed by now...but for a while it was).

Download also sold more single day tickets for GnR Sunday than the other days.

That can't be overlooked.

Interest is definitely there..

The thing is, Gn'R became rock legends, not like other 80's bands.

Thank you. Someone who makes sense. Guns N' Roses weren't just another '80s band. All CD needs is promotion with the name 'Guns N' Roses' and people will look for it. It's just up to the label to start the advertisements.

A hard rocking first single will bring back attention!

I agree. People don't even know GNR even exists. They need to be in the picture again, this can only be done by good promotion and a good first single (for example TWAT).

mr.Q

yea people you are forgetting one thing is this, America and the UK-2 different places. Europe and America-2 different places. anyone who lives in america will know is that people dont care about music as much, they care what the just saw on mtv or what they wear cause it matches their clothes or they care about something they can dance to. old gnr kicked ass because they were in the era where rock was on top. shit even the downfall to glam was nirvina, which is rock. most of the great bands come from europe and they get more fame out there, but over here is different. i hate mtv for it has KILLED music.

past my rant, if they were to throw on some ambercrombie or some preppy shit, reduce their talent to people who only know 3 strings of the guitar and use them only but sometimes may venture to use that bottem string, and start bitching and bitching and make pointless gay music they should stay in the top 10 for a godd 10 weeks. shit fall out boy did, Panic! at the disco did, and god, i want to kill my self when i hear them

So what? They are and always will have a huge popularity here in Europe. Look at all the shows and how many of them have sold out.

If Axl ever releases Chinese Democracy then he and the band have a chance to obtain commercial success once again. However, until then he and the band are a punchline to everyone outside of this forum.

To truly reclaim his title as a rock star Axl must release Chinese Democracy, complete a tour to support it and then release another album within 18 months. Otherwise, it's no different than a new Rolling Stones album - the diehards pick it up but no new fans do.

So what? They are and always will have a huge popularity here in Europe. Look at all the shows and how many of them have sold out.

David Hasselhoff is also popular in Europe. I'm just sayin...

CD might actualy sell pretty well even if it were just because of the curiosity factor. It's its follow-up that could do a lot worse depending on how people like CD. I don't expect huge hit singles though.

Well thought, you might be right.

mr.Q