Not to start any rumors but......

bergs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mid aug just started mixing=no release this year

You sir are a spoon

Mixing and mastering will only take a few weeks (and thats some serious mixing). This album will be locked down like nothing to prevent leaks so don't expect promo copies to be floating about for months.

Just i doubt it, because then Ron or his possible replacement (he still hasn't decided whether he's in for the long haul or not - as far as i can gather) aren't going to be on the record at all. Seems a little strange, that is all.

Considering Fortus already said they were listening to mixes of the album, I'd say this information is credible. That also means that the mixing has also been underway for some time now at least. Let's hope it doesn't take forever to master and hopefully the artwork is done aswell.

mid aug just started mixing=no release this year

You sir are a spoon

Mixing and mastering will only take a few weeks (and thats some serious mixing). This album will be locked down like nothing to prevent leaks so don't expect promo copies to be floating about for months.

Just i doubt it, because then Ron or his possible replacement (he still hasn't decided whether he's in for the long haul or not - as far as i can gather) aren't going to be on the record at all. Seems a little strange, that is all.

Ron has already said that he will not be on the album, as he came in "too late". Buckethead will be on the album.

Andy is a producer / engineer. Many bands trust him to do it all. If Andy is mixing the CD, he will attack all the tracks with compressors, eqs and gates. If there are 20 songs, that will take around a month or so as long as he works 10 hours a day and a few weekends here and there. If he needs to arange/clip/stretch a little, add another 2-3 days. There is always alot of going back and forth in the beginning. Once that has past, and he is left alone, it goes pretty fast. Mastering I thought was done at Sterling. I think its safe to say you can add another two weeks for that.

Edited by Dervaj

My friend's dad is Andy Wallace, the famous music engineer. he is mixing the new gnr record right now. i guess thats one step closer to a release. rock2

Not to call you a liar but with all the "insiders" and fake people "in the know" who crowd this forum it´s very difficult to believe when someone tells the truth.

This person is one to believe. He was the first to hear IRS.

And, this is his first thread after that so he only posts when he got something important to say. ;)

Yep, I noticed that also...

To be fair, his only credence was "listening to the radio at the right time". It doesn't make him the oracle.

In fact think of it this way, what are the chances that the ONE guy on here who heard IRS on the radio, has contacts with the guy mixing CD?

That of course is not to say it isn't true, just that the reliability of the source can't be attributed to a random switch on of the radio.

My friend's dad is Andy Wallace, the famous music engineer. he is mixing the new gnr record right now. i guess thats one step closer to a release. rock2

Bergs, I just had a brilliant idea! Today is friday so why don't you steal one of your dad's finest whiskys and maybe a big fat cigar and head over to your friend's place. Give the present to Andy, pour him a glass and keep 'em coming. When you feel the time is right, ask him for the release date and the tracklist. If he's not in too bad shape ask him to sing one of the songs! ;)

I suppose this is good news, but if it took this long to record, can anyone imagine how long it will take to mix?

The reason for a long recording time is revolving band members and the geffen/interscope thing, IMO

Well the guy also mixed on the live era cd which I only found out about a few minutes ago so...................

:o Is that true?

One step closer...

That just reminded me of that awful Linkin Park song. Now I'll have to listen to the whole AFD as part of my therapy.

:rofl-lol:

Bergs, I just had a brilliant idea! Today is friday so why don't you steal one of your dad's finest whiskys and maybe a big fat cigar and head over to your friend's place. Give the present to Andy, pour him a glass and keep 'em coming. When you feel the time is right, ask him for the release date and the tracklist. If he's not in too bad shape ask him to sing one of the songs! ;)

:rofl-lol:

This great news!