Axl's at VMA 2006 Show and Backstage, Sum Up

jack99

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Axl looks so old looking lol. With split screens of Pink and J-Lo and clips of other young new stars going on at the same time, he looks like an old man...and he looked nervous too...stiff neck.

Even AL Gore looked younger and livelier in spirit....

IMO he woulda looked a lot better if he has his regular straight long hair, shaved, and was just wearing a white t-shirt and jacket or something. More casual and youthful in spirit. There, to be honest, he kinda looks like a hasbeen lol....

Edited by PS_PoWeR

Well how much have you actually seen Axl off stage? Alot of performers can seem very confident on stage, but shy in real life - Jackson, Freddie Mercury for example.

He didn't look nervous to me, more un-confortable, like he didn't wanna be there. Which seems reasonable as he did have that guy just acting like they were real good friends, yet, they've probably never had an interview before. (correct me if Im wrong..which I prolly am)

At the end of that interview, listen to where John Norris says, "Good to see you, s- have a good night".

I think he caught himself before he said, "Good to see you, Slash". He was starting to say something with an "S" and he stopped himself. Take another listen...

V~

looks like the MTV guys all think Axl Rose was the highlight of the evening... LOL... they say all the other stars backstage were oggling over Axl... just goes to show that Axl is bigger than any modern movie/music star

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1539558&a...mp;name=special

go to "VMA Backstage Uncensored" and scroll to the bottom and click on "VJs Recap the Big Night"

Edited by Madagascar88

At the end of that interview, listen to where John Norris says, "Good to see you, s- have a good night".

I think he caught himself before he said, "Good to see you, Slash". He was starting to say something with an "S" and he stopped himself. Take another listen...

V~

yeah I noticed that to.. HAHA.. It would have been a blast if he called him that name

Didnt Axl just confirm CD out this year?

Axl has lost a lot of swagger. But I've noticed that his live shows have become more intense. He's a bit of gent now. Very smooth. I think he would make great sports presenter. His reply to Chinese D joke was cool. Unfortunately.

still not true untill we get a official release date, ya know.. like a real date

fuckin a..

What more do you need then AXL telling us that it will be out this year????

He has never stated anything like that before. The "people will hear music" could be the tour.

Now he said the album will be out this year. Every other year we have only heard rumors and nothing with the credability to mr.rose himself.

this is a good day :D

I could see kids jumping around, waving their arms at him and generally screaming their delight, but I'm not suprised as quite a lot of teenagers are into GnR, the concert at Wembley Arena was a mix of age groups, there were quite a few that were my age and older (30s) but there was also some in their 20s and a few teenagers and kids there. Don't underestimate Axl's appeal, the kids today need a rebelious icon as much as we did at their age, there isn't much around to pick from and Axl is still the best rebel in town! Problem is their parents (us!) won't be horrified at their choice this time, in fact my son often borrows my GnR cds!

Jo

1010056xa5.jpg

im working on my 2 year old

That is the cutest T-Shirt I have ever seen! Where do you get small people GnR clothes?

Jo

Jo, you can make your own for your daughter.

I like how Axl actually interrupted to say "It is this year." It's not like the guy asked him "When will CD be out" and he said "this year" or "Is it gonna be out this year" and he said "yes." He interjected and said "It IS this year" (with the IS being louder) and I think this is confirmation from Axl himself that it will be out. Many people, even myself, have always said that I won't believe it until Axl says it himself. Right there, even though there is no specific date, he himself confirmed it for this year, which means by January 1st, 2007, we will have CD in our hands.