• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Slash

2.Izzy

3Gilby

I'd love to hear what the new guys can do, maybe one day

i think axl is the key here. he is quality control. when any of these guys write a tune with axl's guidance, it turns into a fucking awesome piece of music. for example- even robin finck (with axl) has written a song that surpasses many snakepit and vr tunes.

if you go by solo works, and you have all the guitarists solo albums and side projects albums. it's pretty easy to see (for me at least) that thal's works blow VR, snakepit, LSL, NIN, izzy (solowise) and bucket's out of the water, let alone having songs up there with gnr's greatest (hands, normal, fistulous withers rock3 ).

if the chemistry is there (and i'm praying it is), the axl and ron combo might just bring some if the best songs of all time.

Especially on AFD, everyone just came in and did what they did. Nobody told anyone else what to do. Axl only began rejecting everything after the UYI tour. He didn't offer gudience then either, he just rejected songs.

That according to everyone in the band then from Slash to gilby.

wtf "w. axl kev"??

Offcourse im just going to see Axl, im going to see Guns N' Roses!!

Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Bumble, Chris, Brain and Tommy

I know it's a change from my usual 'Completely Pro-New GN'R' tune but when I found out that the band were all being paid per show (except Axl) it kinda put a damper on it for me. It made me kinda think... hmm it is just hired Guns afterall :( It's difficult to explain what I mean but you know it's like they ain't a natural band... they are just paid to be a band and that sucks man.

The question is my favorite, not who is technically best, so I have to go with Slash. I still like the new band, but there will always be a cetain sentimental tie I have with Slash-those solos were ingrained into me from age 13 on.

Your kidding,....... right?. . . .

Slash-05.jpg

I mean, I love the new guitarists, but how can you realistically prefer them to Slash when they haven't actually released their own music, and they continue to play the music that Slash wrote. Not a diss in the slightest, just being objective. . .

Out of the new guys, I definitely prefer Robin (I actually prefered Buckethead to all of them. . .)

LA

BETTER WAS WROTE BY ROBIN FINCK

You mean he wrote a song!?! One whole song!!!!

But it hasn't actually been released yet, and that still doesn't mean they're not playing Slash's stuff as of now, that was the point being made

As for the question, Slash, for obvious reasons.

gonna have to say that BETTER blows away both slash's snakepit albums

1.Robin

2.Izzy

3.Richard

4 Ron

5.Paul

6.Gilby

7.Slash

8.Bucket

Ummm, ok I guess :unsure:

Anyway, my favorite is Slash, then comes Izzy. When Chinese Democracy comes out we might actually have a debate about this. Having said that, I really like Bumblefoot and Fortus too but I'm not shure about Finck (I'll judge after the record comes out) :)

I disagree, the intro to Good To Be Alive craps all over Better by itself.

But thats just me...

the lyrics in better are soo much more powerful than any of those songs, and the solo (esp live) has a spine tingling effect, but as you said THAT is just me

1.Robin

2.Izzy

3.Richard

4 Ron

5.Paul

6.Gilby

7.Slash

8.Bucket

Ummm, ok I guess :unsure:

Anyway, my favorite is Slash, then comes Izzy. When Chinese Democracy comes out we might actually have a debate about this. Having said that, I really like Bumblefoot and Fortus too but I'm not shure about Finck (I'll judge after the record comes out) :)

Live playing is actually a much better barometer, and Robin is not that great live, let's be honest with ourselves. In the pro-tools era, every little mistake can easily be fixed.

I honestly believe that if the best Snakepit material would have made it's way onto the post Illusions GnR record like Slash intended, you lot would be salivating all over it. Much of it is better than VR's material imo.

Agreed, those albums are very underrated.

But thats just me...

:lol: :lol: :lol::rofl-lol:

Man, it doesnt take much to make you laugh, you must really like Family Guy :chef:

But thats just me...

Man, it doesnt take much to make you laugh, you must really like Family Guy :chef:

It's a shame, that instead of contributing to the discussion, or trying to make an intelligent point, Funral just puts up a bunch of smilies and calls it a post.

At least A_D put 4 words together. ;)

But thats just me...

It's a shame, that instead of contributing to the discussion, or trying to make an intelligent point, Funral just puts up a bunch of smilies and calls it a post.

At least A_D put 4 words together. ;)

He cant come up with anything, he just hates Slash and his fans. But oh well, he makes a fool of himslef and the Slash haters, so in a way I kinda like him.

AD gives us enough so we can at least respect him, Funeral's just the village idiot of mygnr.

I honestly believe that if the best Snakepit material would have made it's way onto the post Illusions GnR record like Slash intended, you lot would be salivating all over it. Much of it is better than VR's material imo.

Agreed, those albums are very underrated.

If Slash actually got a good singer some of the snakepit stuff could have worked It's more in line with what slash is known for than VR's music I guess, it's not better, just has less distance from Guns. Some of VR's record could have woorked wih guns too, I know haters won't ever admit that.

Even some of like a dog by Izzy, which was his most GNR like effort would have worked well with VR or GNR.

i think axl is the key here. he is quality control. when any of these guys write a tune with axl's guidance, it turns into a fucking awesome piece of music. for example- even robin finck (with axl) has written a song that surpasses many snakepit and vr tunes.

Or maybe Axl's vocal and melodic talent is so good that you can listen to a song like Better and really enjoy it, in spite of the Linkin Park guitar intro and the fairly simple power chords that drive the song?

If Slash actually got a good singer some of the snakepit stuff could have worked It's more in line with what slash is known for than VR's music I guess, it's not better, just has less distance from Guns.

Snakepit was basically Guns n' Roses with inferior vocals and songwriting.