Axl without the goatee at the Inland Invasion

application9

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate adding to a six page thread about Axl's facial hair :unsure: ...but, I think the deal is, he needs to have either his long hair WITHOUT the goatee or his braids WITH the goatee. The braids and no goatee makes him look a bit too clean and shiny. But if he let that hair down now, i'm pretty sure he'd look perfectly amazing :wub:

I think he looked great for the mostpart lastnight :heart: .

HA :lol: okay he looked better WITH the goatee

The weirdest thing is, everybody was saying 'shave the goatee, axl' and now everybody is like 'omg, he looks soo creepy'

Yeah, I think that's quite funny. :P But I always liked the goatee, because I also thought, he looked way better in 2006 than in 2002.

I think this...

I think that...

Axl should this...

Axl should that...

Like he´s going to give a fuck about a bunch of teenagers who are NEVER happy.. :rolleyes:

Yes, I think he absolutely gives a fuck about what people say.

He hasn't worn those ridiculous hockey/football jerseys since January, and his image is very different than it was in '02, which a majority of people bitched about on the forums.

Now if he would just listen to some people about those braids... :question:

It´s also very good for an artist to change his look once in a while IMO.

Guess it depends on what look they had before. If it was bad, the change can be a good one.

Slash hasn't changed his look in 20 years, and I think it still totally works for him today. I never want him to change.

It's about static and dynamic people :rolleyes:

Guess it depends on what look they had before. If it was bad, the change can be a good one.

Slash hasn't changed his look in 20 years, and I think it still totally works for him today. I never want him to change.

No, it's about being who you are without trying to impress, go with a trend, or conform to a certain image.

In the end though, it's about what works, and what's an absolute train wreck.

I hate adding to a six page thread about Axl's facial hair :unsure: ...but, I think the deal is, he needs to have either his long hair WITHOUT the goatee or his braids WITH the goatee. The braids and no goatee makes him look a bit too clean and shiny. But if he let that hair down now, i'm pretty sure he'd look perfectly amazing :wub:

Ill agree with that :heart:

I was at the show last nite.

I was sitting center stage in Loge seating. The crowd was very good for the most part, but the band did lose the crowd after 'Beautiful'. Actually, during the 1st part of Fortus' solo when he was actually playing a solo, there was a lot of applause because people were amazed by his talent.......and then he went straight into Beautiful, and people were like WTF. They got the crowd back during My Michelle & Patience, though.

And the place went crazy during Paradise City.

It was a great show. The band sounded great. And more importantly, Axl sounded very good. The audio mix was awesome at the show.

One thing though........I really think before or after the band plays a new song, Axl should let the audience know it's a new song, because a large portion of audience doesn't know about the New GN'R. This way, they won't react like "what was that?"

Can't wait to see them again at the Gibson Amphitheatre in December.

No, it's about being who you are without trying to impress, go with a trend, or conform to a certain image.

In the end though, it's about what works, and what's an absolute train wreck.

The fact that an artist changes his appearance doesn´t necessarily mean he wants to impress or conform to a certain image. It doesn´t mean he´s not remaining true to himself either. The " Evolve or die" can apply to image too, not only to music ;) .