The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent, Setanta will now be screening PPVs live :D

They have so far only been showing UK live events, will this include US events?

Apparently, the deal is now: all UK live events, some other programming, and the occasional US one.

Yeah I think they only managed to get half with the other half still airing on bravo. (not live)

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 84 is obviously tonight, which should be awesome

The Main Card of UFC 84

* Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk

* Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida

* Light Heavyweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine

* Light Heavyweight bout: Thiago Silva vs. Antonio Mendes

* Light Heavyweight bout: Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic

From this card, Penn/Sherk, Ortiz/Machida and Silva/Jardine are the ones I'm really psyched for. Ortiz probably fighting his last UFC match isn't it? And Penn/Sherk rematch should be good. I always love Silva fighting, he's a beast. Good times :D

From this card, Penn/Sherk, Ortiz/Machida and Silva/Jardine are the ones I'm really psyched for. Ortiz probably fighting his last UFC match isn't it? And Penn/Sherk rematch should be good. I always love Silva fighting, he's a beast. Good times :D

Penn/Sherk wasn't a rematch it was the first time they fought.

Penn/Sherk wasn't a rematch it was the first time they fought.

Was confusing him with someone else, my bad,

I was upset that Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver lost on the undercard. I was also upset that Tito lost, given that it's supposedly his last fight with UFC... BUT... seeing Silva destroy Jardine made up for everything. In my opinion, Jardine never had a chance against Silva.

As much as I like Lidell, I think pound for pound, Silva is the more dangerous fighter. Truthfully, I think he lost that fight because Chuck was training mentally with Tony Robbins.. and he is just not someone you want to fuck with haha. If there were a Lidell/Silva II, i think without TR on Chuck's side, Silva would win. But Silva/Jardine? No question. I knew it was going to be a one-sided fight.

This saturday is the debut of EliteXC on CBS and I noticed UFC is trying to compete for viewers by showing the best of Chuck Liddell and following with the Chuck vs Wanderlei fight from December. It should be a good night for MMA fans.

tito-ortiz-machida-triangle1.jpg

So close... I was really hoping Tito would pick up the win in the slight chance that he would stick with the UFC. Doesn't look like there's any chance of that now.

I think I'm seeing a triangle choke from Tito but is it being countered or what? Any links to the full match online anywhere?

Monty

tito-ortiz-machida-triangle1.jpg

So close... I was really hoping Tito would pick up the win in the slight chance that he would stick with the UFC. Doesn't look like there's any chance of that now.

I think I'm seeing a triangle choke from Tito but is it being countered or what? Any links to the full match online anywhere?

Monty

It was a triangle choke that he attempted to transition to an armbar in the dying seconds of the last round. Machida mananged to roll out of it.

Heres a link to the match:

http://www.mmashare.com/tito-ortiz-vs-lyot...ideo-t1600.html