Get the morale up people!

tippin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the pain in the arse factor is that we've had 'confirmation' that we will see CD this year but the clock is still ticking with nothing really visible to PROVE that the album is coming.

In many ways what we have now is WORSE than the years of waiting and not knowing.

It's like watching a child who's been told they can have a bag of sweets soon but then leaving it 'till the last minute before giving it.

For me the pain in the arse factor is that we've had 'confirmation' that we will see CD this year but the clock is still ticking with nothing really visible to PROVE that the album is coming.

In many ways what we have now is WORSE than the years of waiting and not knowing.

It's like watching a child who's been told they can have a bag of sweets soon but then leaving it 'till the last minute before giving it.

Haha. I agree.

The way Axl + GNR management act is starting to piss me off no end. For once I just wish they did something normal like announcing a release day, tracklisting and artwork without all this mystery. It's just a fucking album.

i'm happy but the proof is in the date. an exact date

A release date isn't worth much in the world of Guns N' Roses, it can and might be postponed multiple times. Same happened with UYIs.

What I want right now is a single and a video to go along with it. That would keep everybody happy and positive for a couple of weeks.

And maybe I'll miss this whole anticipation-thing and checking the board every day when it is out.

Does anyone else think that, GnR fans are like a metaphor for an abused pet.....so much back and forth promising....waiting....will he show up? Will CD actually come out when he says? (this year?)

Then when things are going well (Euro Tour) there is so much love and optimism around here, and then when there is the silence (like now) we can't help but think "is this the calm before the storm?" or is this another leg of silence and being dissapointed. The negativity around the forum is just human nature's defense mechanism! No one wants to get screwed! We all are at the door waiting for the "treat" and we hear Axl's footsteps but is Axl going to turn the doorknob or what?!

So my point; if this doesn't pan out this time, i think there will be some runaways this time around.

The answer? I am sure is just days away......

No - you miss the point. GN'R fans have complained for so long, that now that they have nothing to complain about, they don't know what to say/do - so they complain more.

Don't you get how it works? :kiss:

Amen, brotha.

I really feel bad for the likes of Kaneda, Takeshi, and well... we all know the usual suspects. Their lives have centered around any kind of misfortune by a musical group on some fan forum... and general negative speculation. Very, very sad indeed. I'll never figure out why folks like that waste time in places online on a subject they 1) really know nothing about and 2) seemingly profess their dismay over anything and everything having to do with the group and how it operates. You know, I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers and hope they suck ass as much as possible (sorry Steeler fans... hey, good game Sunday though) but I don't waste my time on a Steeler fan forum and try to convince everyone there how much they suck or how bad they're doing or why their fans shouldn't follow them. Besides, at the end of the day, the Steelers might just win another Super Bowl. I personally think they have an inferiority complex in real life and their 'ways' here are the only solice they get out of existance. Very, very pathetic.

And you know what, if they're right... and that's a HUGE fucking if... fan-fucking-tastic. It won't be the end of my world. But, if they're wrong... and there's a pretty good chance of that being the case, their worlds would seemingly be ruined. C'mon Takeshi, I know you want to respond to that. Go look up something online and quote somebody to fuel your inferiority complex.

When the album hits and all of their speculation is shot down and all of their arguments and opinions are proved incorrect, they'll be the first in line to kiss ass and praise the GNR camp for their good work.

And you know what, they'll do the same thing 5 or 10 years from now if that's when CD comes out too.

MARK MY WORDS.

What if you were a big fan of the Steel Curtain or Jerome Bettis, but cannot connect with the current team for some reason or another? Does that mean you are no longer a Steelers fan because you don't like a person or a couple people on the team?

don't worry people, jay-z only officially confirmed his album release on november 20th today, and the 'new' beatles album was only confirmed today for a november 20th release date, so we shouldn't start worrying for another few weeks yet

Hey...no skipping the pep rally to go have a smoke! :xmassrudolph:

I like the idea of handing out "I told you so's!".Maybe there should be an award ceremony...and categories (biggest whiner,best wannabe negative poster,inductees into the Usual Suspects Hall of Fame) etc.

hmmm...what to use a statue?? :P

Anyhoo...

I just checked the setlist of my first GnR gig in '91..BEFORE Illusions came out!!!

NO SET RELEASE DATE,YCBM was floating around...that was it!

Almost a three hour concert and I didn't know TWELVE of the songs and was unfamiliar with their versions of two covers they did.

The opening song (Perfect Crime) I'd never heard before...the opening song!!!

If these forums had been around then,the discussions of the '91 tour would have been an all out massacre!!

BUT THE WHOLE GOD DAMN SHOW WAS FUCKING INSANELY BRILLIANT!!

It was one of the most intense live experiences of my life...still is.And I got that same buzz every single time I saw them after that...right up to Hammerstein May 2006!

As long as Axl's there...I'm in! ;)

The release of CD is not a life or death scenario for me...when it drops it drops.Part of the fun has been the waiting (Christmas is a bit of drag after the presents have all been opened,but playing with the gifts is fun!).

Everything this band and management has announced will happen this year has happened...and I believe them when they say the cd will be released by the end of the year.

The tunes being blasted at full volume at a Geffen office (overheard by a fan) is a major clue.The execs have heard the material.On to the next phase..artwork,packaging,legal aspects etc. have most likely already been handled.

Here's my prediction...this bitch is in the pressing/assembly stage...soon to be followed by the announcement and shipping to the retailers.

It's coming...soon...just watch!

Even if for some unforseen reason it's not released this year,I'm still having a blast waiting!!

...and I'll humbly accept my Toldyaso award! :shades:

cheers to the people with the positive attitudes!!...much more fun,innit!!

Well its good to feel a few tremors before it explodes. Good or Bad, people are talking about it and thats the best thing that could ever happen. If there was dead silence, I would be worried. Pretty soon you will hear about something new. Meanwhile don't fucking kill each other over it.

BTW listen to "Tippen" because he is right, don't give up.

don't worry people, jay-z only officially confirmed his album release on november 20th today, and the 'new' beatles album was only confirmed today for a november 20th release date, so we shouldn't start worrying for another few weeks yet

yeah but jay-z has been touring and already released a single. for the beatles, meh, they broke up 36 years ago. it's not like people have been waiting years for new material. there's more at stake here for "gnr"

GNR fans are like women. No matter how much you treat them like crap.....they just keep coming back for more.

You might wear wife beaters, drink moonshine, live in a trailor and beat the shit out of your wife, but speak for yourself and your mountain people only.

Fucking hick son-of-a-bitch.

GNR fans are like women. No matter how much you treat them like crap.....they just keep coming back for more.

You might wear wife beaters, drink moonshine, live in a trailor and beat the shit out of your wife, but speak for yourself and your mountain people only.

Is this what you do with your life? You spend all day spewing hostility at anyone who doesn't agree with you? It would be different if you actually were able to put forth a point of view and have a reasonable dialogue with other who disagreed with you, but you don't seem able or willing to.

Most people on this forum are very positive about the new songs and I am among that group. The differences arise when we discuss how the business end of things is being handled by Axl and his people. There are disagreements but usually the debate stays with the actual issue that's being discussed. Very few people respond with the irrational level of anger and hostility that you do.

The above comment is one of many examples of your inability to tolerate any view that is different from yours. The level of anger that you display toward someone who has disagreed with you on the issue of a rock band is quite frankly not what one would expect from a normal well adjusted person. If you are displaying this level of hostility in other areas of your life, then it must be creating a serious problem for you.

This forum is a place where people who enjoy the music of GN'R can come together and discuss the band and it's future. I hope that at some point, you can join in with that discussion.

'

Is this what you do with your life? You spend all day spewing hostility at anyone who doesn't agree with you? It would be different if you actually were able to put forth a point of view and have a reasonable dialogue with other who disagreed with you, but you don't seem able or willing to.

Most people on this forum are very positive about the new songs and I am among that group. The differences arise when we discuss how the business end of things is being handled by Axl and his people. There are disagreements but usually the debate stays with the actual issue that's being discussed. Very few people respond with the irrational level of anger and hostility that you do.

The above comment is one of many examples of your inability to tolerate any view that is different from yours. The level of anger that you display toward someone who has disagreed with you on the issue of a rock band is quite frankly not what one would expect from a normal well adjusted person. If you are displaying this level of hostility in other areas of your life, then it must be creating a serious problem for you.

This forum is a place where people who enjoy the music of GN'R can come together and discuss the band and it's future. I hope that at some point, you can join in with that discussion.

'

Good old Takeshi. Quick to defend somebody that advocates beating women? REAL good arguement there.

-Secondly, I have plenty of worthwhile conversations with people on here in a civilized tone. Go look me up, seems you have nothing better to do with your time.

-Third, I LIKE TO TORMENT YOU. Well, and a few others that quite frankly get under people's skin with their know-it-all attitude. You try to outsmart people and try to make them look like idiots in a 'civilized' way. Good for you. If you can't handle my approach, tough shit. I treat people how they treat me or others on here. You pissed me off one day in how you replied to one of my posts, and continually piss me off in how you approach other members, degrading them in your 'civilized' ways. I suggest you take your skirt off, you big cry baby.

-Fourth, I ENJOY TORMENTING YOU, and it would seem I'm doing a pretty good job at it.

-Fifth, you're on a GUNS N' ROSES fan forum. You want civilized talk? Can't handle my approach to know-it-all's like you? Go find a Martha Stewart forum somewhere and share your Thanksgiving day recipes.

-Sixth, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. I could care less what you or anyone else on here thinks about me. You come here to fulfill a void in your real life, I'm convinced of that. Anyone that's taken a couple psychology classes would understand that. I come here for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES and to follow up on a band I like quite a bit.

Hope you're enjoying the show.

I think people are forgetting that no matter how phenomenal the album may be, no naysayer will ever admit to it because they just don't want to. I'm not saying the album will indeed be a masterpiece, but even if it's good, there will be threads-a-plenty that say otherwise, even if the general consensus concludes that the album is damn good.

Oh well.

I think people are forgetting that no matter how phenomenal the album may be, no naysayer will ever admit to it because they just don't want to. I'm not saying the album will indeed be a masterpiece, but even if it's good, there will be threads-a-plenty that say otherwise, even if the general consensus concludes that the album is damn good.

Oh well.

Sad, but true.

Nice thread. I agree. I sometimes feel like I am the only one who is still remaining positive and I believe the album will be out this year! I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is getting annoyed with all this negative shit.

Thank you PTU! I'm glad someone else is taking the optimistic approach!

Oh well.

Sad, but true.

So what do you guys think Kaneda's posts will be after CD is released? I honestly think that, for awhile anyway, his posts will become more optimistic. Before you laugh, remember; he was RAVING about the Hammersein shows back in April.

I think alot of these whiners will end up coming around.....for a little while anyway! :unsure: