Where's GNRs biggest audience?

Griip

I started this Euroid vs American debate. And it was not meant to be political. My point is that the Euroids would buy anything that America sends over there except for toothpaste and personal hygiene products obviously. But that's besides the point. Remember in 1992 when the USA Dream Team went over there. They had to have heavy security everywhere they went.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started this Euroid vs American debate. And it was not meant to be political. My point is that the Euroids would buy anything that America sends over there except for toothpaste and personal hygiene products obviously. But that's besides the point. Remember in 1992 when the USA Dream Team went over there. They had to have heavy security everywhere they went.

And others are trying to say that while that may have been true, it don't need to be today.

My friend lives in South America and he says that its so boring over there....nothing ever happens...that whenever something arrives.....even if its an old 1980s rock band Americans dont care about anymore.....EVERYONE FLOCKS to to it......cause there is nothing else to do!

He said it semi-jokingly based on his experience living there, it's not meant to be all serious. :) But he just said even if Def Leppeord went there everyone would be like "YEAAAAAH!! A (formerly) famous band to go to!!!!"

I'm with you on most points here. Every intelligent person knows it's not as black and white as either side is trying to portay it. Off course Bush isn't so bad or responsible as he's made out to be, and it's almost a given if you know a little history that Europe's refusal to join US in their quest are anything but ideological. But so is the reason for US going to war, don't forget that. It's all about the money and the power, on both sides, and it's pretty obvious that the real power lays elsewhere than in the white houses of the world.

However, that is a discussion for another place and another time. I'm talking about the reason for the increasing "hate" of american culture and lifestyle in Europe. That reason is what the press, liberal or not, are telling the public. The ordinary guy out there is as a rule pretty damn ignorant to the inner workings of power and government in the world, and he will believe whatever the "majority" tells him. The story he's being fed is the ultimate reason for his beliefs, wether true or not.

Little hasty here, but I guess you catch my drift.

Intelligence exists around here! Praise the lord! We'll agree to disagree about the war, but in order to keep the UN and the west credible, we had to do what we said we'd do at the end of the gulf war. If you do this, this is going to happen. It's pretty straight forward. I'm still trying to figure out why we didn't go straight to Baghdad then.

Don't worry though, the liberal world will have WW3 on their hands soon enough. It'll happen in Europe's backyard. Just a matter of time before some maniac drops a nuke on Isreal. That'll piss off someone else and all of a sudden nukes will be getting lobbed everywhere. The west will pull itself together, nuke the bad guys into oblivion... only because the west has plenty to go around... then we'll go into a nuclear winter and starve to death... all thanks to France (haha).

I suggest you get your GNR tickets now before it's to late, everybody!

Guns and Roses biggest audience is in Laramie Wyoming. Imperical research shows that should he decide to play the Arena Auditorium ...it WOULD sell out..most definately...without a doubt. If you can hang in Boise and Fargo.. you can definately hang in Laramie.

Americas perception of Europe and the UK is amazing.. 90% of americans have never even left the USA and dont even hold a passport. Europeans travel all the time.

My point is.. Europe dont love everything American at all. David Hasselhoff is big in Germany apparently but the rest of Europe find that funny. Europe and the UK have many different cultures and if It wasnt for Europe, America wouldnt be what it is today.

Also Bands like Guns N Roses find most influence from british bands, i.e The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath. (All english bands)

P.S for dummys the UK is not 'England'. The UK consists of 4 different countries - England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales.

Sorry to sound patronising to you that know but it really gets up my nose when SOME ignorant americans think they know everything and they actually know fuck all. ;)

P.P.S.. No.. London is not fucking great and no its not a 30 minute bus ride from Glasgow (Scotland).

I am from America, and I can tell you without a doubt America has no culture. We have no cuisine, unless you count Taco Bell and Starbucks. Musically we are bankrupt. It is not our fault, we are the coolest country, we dont need culture, we have Dancing with the Stars.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah I wonder that too. All I've talked to that went for both the swedish consert and 1 or 2 of the norway conserts said that it was alooot louder in Stockholm (Sweden) then Oslo (Norway). I just saw the Stockholm consert, but I've talked with over 15 persons that saw them both in Sweden and Norway.

Manchester was 22000k and there was only a few crappy seats left haigh at the back.

Download was a festival but I believe it was around 40-50000k.

22000k? :laugh::laugh:

Imagine Axl not showing up on that gig :P

lmao.. i imagine the armies would be called in from all around europe.

hm st louis v2?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah me too :D I dont know if you mean the gnr-show at globen 26/6 or Ullevi in göteborg in the maiden consert, but both was awsome... I was at both B)

I can agree that the UK has more GnR fans...simply because America has this queer fancy with RAP..eew. I'm so incredibly sick of it.

Anyway at my school theirs only a few people who listen to GnR that I know of. But I pretty much count for like 20 fans i'd say, since I'm so fuckin' obsessed. :lol:

Americas perception of Europe and the UK is amazing.. 90% of americans have never even left the USA and dont even hold a passport. Europeans travel all the time.

My point is.. Europe dont love everything American at all. David Hasselhoff is big in Germany apparently but the rest of Europe find that funny. Europe and the UK have many different cultures and if It wasnt for Europe, America wouldnt be what it is today.

Also Bands like Guns N Roses find most influence from british bands, i.e The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath. (All english bands)

P.S for dummys the UK is not 'England'. The UK consists of 4 different countries - England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales.

Sorry to sound patronising to you that know but it really gets up my nose when SOME ignorant americans think they know everything and they actually know fuck all. ;)

P.P.S.. No.. London is not fucking great and no its not a 30 minute bus ride from Glasgow (Scotland).

I am from America, and I can tell you without a doubt America has no culture. We have no cuisine, unless you count Taco Bell and Starbucks. Musically we are bankrupt. It is not our fault, we are the coolest country, we dont need culture, we have Dancing with the Stars.

Hey, what time does 'DUMB ASS' come on. I must have missed that episode.

I can agree that the UK has more GnR fans...simply because America has this queer fancy with RAP..eew. I'm so incredibly sick of it.

Anyway at my school theirs only a few people who listen to GnR that I know of. But I pretty much count for like 20 fans i'd say, since I'm so fuckin' obsessed. :lol:

Well, if only you Europeans would just rush to line up for things like toothpaste, deodorant, and soap, as fast as you would a concert ticket. <_<

Well, if only you Europeans would just rush to line up for things like toothpaste, deodorant, and soap, as fast as you would a concert ticket. <_<

Coming from the country with one of the highest homeless rates, that is funny. I still enjoy the way 'Europeans' are collectively used as if we are one country. Believe it or not, Europe is not a country my friend. If you pulled your head out of your ass for just a second, maybe you would understand it. :P

Coming from the country with one of the highest homeless rates, that is funny. I still enjoy the way 'Europeans' are collectively used as if we are one country. Believe it or not, Europe is not a country my friend. If you pulled your head out of your ass for just a second, maybe you would understand it. :P

Well I know that the U.K. is home of the black tooth.

Well, if only you Europeans would just rush to line up for things like toothpaste, deodorant, and soap, as fast as you would a concert ticket. "

Oh My God ... I think our Omaha friend just scored a knockout with that one....... AWWW come on ya'll have to admit its pretty damn funny. And I dedicate it to our friends in France.

omg. :rofl-lol:

I'm sorry - but I found that incredibly funny. :laugh:

This is an interesting debate - and political discussion (*Hey Matt, brings back memories from the old cd.com days back in 2001 and 2002), but please everyone let's get back on topic.

yes.

gnr will always appear more popular in those areas who weren't exposed to mainstream record company publicity as much as the USA or the UK.

so, considering that certain Asian countries, South American, Eastern European and African countries were for decades cut off from MTV and daily band promotion, gnr (and every other big group) will easily pack a stadium in literally minutes when the tickets go on sale.

USA is different....its not that people there don't like GNR, but they were more exposed to the band, and had them in concerts many times, its not that hard to run into someone in the states who had actually been to a gnr concert.....whereas in Croatia....that person is harassed on an almost daily basis with a barage of questions of what it was like, what was he wearing, where was it......and so on.

if you are going to compare the audiences, then also take into account the situations they came out of....otherwise your comparison will fall flat on its ass.