No Album this Year? ... Theories?

motownjunkie

its safe to say that its not happening this year...i know a friend who works at sanity and they have release dates up to december and january already in the bag months before hand...i doubt that GNR will go for the "any tuesday" option because you cant in this day and age without people knowing waaay in advance, it was a throwaway comment and assumption in an article that people seem to be adopting as a false hope

so im asking was it a mistake to tour with no album?

Edited by madison

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I agree...I would be very surprised if the album is released this year. It wouldn't make too much sense from a business perspective. IT would have to come out before christmas, so that gives them a little less than 1.5 months to promote the most expensive album in history? Not going to happen. It doesn't work that way.

Merck is full of shit as always, he said it will be out in 2005 now he's doing his song and dance this year. First quarter of 2007 is when I think it will come out, though I'd love Axl to pleasantly surprise us all by sticking to his guns and releasing the album before christmas. That would rule.

Edited by SylvesterStallone

its safe to say that its not happening this year...i know a friend who works at sanity and they have release dates up to december and january already in the bag months before hand...i doubt that GNR will go for the "any tuesday" option because you cant in this day and age without people knowing waaay in advance, it was a throwaway comment and assumption in an article that people seem to be adopting as a false hope

you cant just say the album isnt comming out this year, merc said in a rollingstones interview that you might just walk in to your local music store and see CD just there, and i am sure if this was the case they wouldnt even let the music store know when CD is comming out till maybe 2 days prior. It will be out this year.

oh my

you cant honestly take what Merck says seriously, it never happens that way, you cant keep a secret like that, fact is they wont do it without some promotion and a release date will be announced if its ever released, and its too late to be this year, maybe early 07 to kick start the year is possible, that seems plausible.

coming from a realistic point of view

Edited by motownjunkie

you cant just say the album isnt comming out this year, merc said in a rollingstones interview that you might just walk in to your local music store and see CD just there, and i am sure if this was the case they wouldnt even let the music store know when CD is comming out till maybe 2 days prior. It will be out this year.

yeah, i wouldnt give up hope. but if it aint on the shelves a week before christmas, fuhgedaboudit.

it is hard not to get the "just dippin my feet in the water here" vibe from a guy/band on a not sold-out arena tour with no record/release date/promotion. especially when there was so much hype/excitement around the vegas, hammerstein, and S.F. shows....you'd think they would treat fans nationawide with smaller shows prior to the record just to build hysteria...but there again, this is axl we're dealing with, and he's never really done things "normally" so, ya never know.....

i think it will be out this year.....and i think everyone will love it.

to tide you over, maybe you could buy all 4 papa roach albums? i hear that they're pretty "hip" with the kids. i think they have tattoos as well. they're so BAD.

With GNR it's not safe to say anything, your "friend" at Sanity doesn't know shit.

HAHAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAA

gulp!

i think they know a little more then you regarding labels and releases, im just saying honestly that releases for december/january are known already, so what that means is that the only way itll come out is if its a secret (non promotional) release, which seems unlikely at this stage, again prove me wrong

Edited by motownjunkie

If we ever get to see the album, it will NOT be this year...

Open up your minds, it is November.. the tour is turning out to be one big joke..... ( sad realy)..

There is no way a 06 release could come this late. :(

Open up your minds, it is November.. the tour is turning out to be one big joke..... ( sad realy)..

No way huh? Anything is possible. Have some fuckin faith. It doesn't look good right now, but stranger things HAVE happened! ;)

If the Album doesn't come out this year...I'm done with GN'R! :fuckyou::angry:

God damnit. Stop saying that shit. We are all die-hard fans here. If the album were to get pushed back to early '07 (which it won't), do you really think you'll be able to just "flip the switch", and all of a sudden not be a fan anymore? If you can, whatever.....more power to you.....but i'm not buying it.

I really wish people would stop claiming that Merck said the album would come out in 2005.

Agreed 100%.

No way huh? Anything is possible. Have some fuckin faith. It doesn't look good right now, but stranger things HAVE happened! ;)

Well... we will see.

But i have to admit that my faith in this band is gone.. damn it.. i hate to say that.

If it comes out this year I'll buy it if it doesn't I'll wait till it does then I'll buy it (this is where the die hard fan part comes in), and as for no promotion airn't we giving enough here and on other web sites? Why pay for promotion when you get it free on the web? Same thing with the tour I haven't seen any promotion for it other then the web but there selling tickets. So like I tell my kids "we'll be there when we get there"

I really wish people would stop claiming that Merck said the album would come out in 2005.

Yea?

"W. Axl Rose is not interested in fame, money, popularity or what the New York Times or any other paper for that matter might think of him. His only interest is making the best album he is capable of so that it can have a positive affect in 2005 on people who are enthusiasts of music and interested in Guns N' Roses.

Nuff said...

Yes he IMPLIED some sort of action but he in no way stated any music would be released. This year we have been told by Axl himself as well as Merck that the album would be released this year. There is a difference in suggesting something may happen in a short retort to a newspaper article and explicitly stating that the album will be released.

a few months back we got a message from fortus saying hopefully there first official release starts in september, there were bullshit rumours saying Sep 13 (my bday) and its now way past october and we are now in to the birth of november. you can obviously tell axl is not ready to release the album.

i say i can wait till march for next year if all we get this year is a fucking release date.

if we keep pressurising axl to release it this year, we are going to get it with him knowing its not what he wanted as a finished record. were gonna get a fucking rushed one (well 13 years is not rushed i know, but GNR has yet to make the final touches on some songs i think thats why theres a delay. so basically im saying stop hoping its this year and start hoping axl gets what he wants from the songs. the only thing i want this year is a fucking release date that leads into jan/feb latest.

theres definitely something wrong and i dont think we should go all fucky and want it now, the only thing axl promised us was late fall. not nov 21st, so dont get dissapointed when you go into stores and you jayzs huge lips on albums. Please just wait a little longer and be happy because when axls ready we would finally get what we fucking wanted us to think of chinese democracy.. and hopefully the world will to...

There Was A Fine x

Edited by There Was A Fine

They wouldn't have said it would be out this year if there were still finishing touches to be made. Especially with how close to the end of the year Merck said the Tuesday comment. If they are fiddling, then its just unecessary and I'm pissed. So no, I will not wait a little longer (to answer your request).

edit: and also thanks for doing that thing where you sign your username at the bottom of your post in case we have the worse case of tunnel vision ever and cant see 3 inches to the side of our screens.

AxlisOld

Edited by AxlisOld

They wouldn't have said it would be out this year if there were still finishing touches to be made. Especially with how close to the end of the year Merck said the Tuesday comment. If they are fiddling, then its just unecessary and I'm pissed. So no, I will not wait a little longer (to answer your request).

edit: and also thanks for doing that thing where you sign your username at the bottom of your post in case we have the worse case of tunnel vision ever and cant see 3 inches to the side of our screens.

AxlisOld

go back in the camels ass you climed out of dickshit