No Album this Year? ... Theories?

motownjunkie

i dont think it will come out this year,

i think it was all hype so people would buy tickets to see the shows,

glad i didn't

Could you say that trademarked line, for old times' sake?

the album does not exist

*imitating teletubbies* oooh, again, again!!! :D

the album does not exist

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the CD isn't out this year, Axl has wasted his chance. This is the first time he has guaranteed us a release ("Fall, late fall, DEFINETELY this year" - Eddie Trunk interview) and so if it isn't out this year, we can officially take every thing that Axl says with a pinch of salt.

We couldn't before?

you cant just say the album isnt comming out this year, merc said in a rollingstones interview that you might just walk in to your local music store and see CD just there, and i am sure if this was the case they wouldnt even let the music store know when CD is comming out till maybe 2 days prior. It will be out this year.

Merck was just being ironic!

the only reason i know CD is coming out this year is that Axl said it would.

Guest ben9785

This is my own continued belief, as frustrating as it gets, I know nothing has been PROMISED, but the release of the album this year just seems alot more definite than it has before, especially because Axl has said it, twice as well in the year. I can't see Axl being the kind of person to get ahead of himself like that. We just need to give them until January 2007 before we can challenge anybody again.

I know people ask about promotion and marketing and shit like that, and how they put so much money into the album etc, but as others have said, Axl genuinely just seems to really care only about the music and making sure its the best album he can make. Just like I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck about people's expectations, or hype, or anticipation, or 'the greatest comeback album of the decade' hysteria, I don't think he cares about making a big deal of the album's release or anything like that, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if the album comes out with little notice or promotion.

We just need to wait it out and see what happens.

If nothing is announced at Madison Square Garden, then nothing's happening this year.

I want to believe Axl, but come on - he hasn't said one word about it on this tour. Not exactly a good sign.

This is the last week for Axl to make an announcement or at least put out a single on the radio. If we get nothing this week before the MSG show, Chinese Democracy isn't happening. I personally believe this is the week that the pieces of the puzzle are going to come together in a good way for all us die hard fans.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest ben9785

If nothing is announced at Madison Square Garden, then nothing's happening this year.

I want to believe Axl, but come on - he hasn't said one word about it on this tour. Not exactly a good sign.

This is the last week for Axl to make an announcement or at least put out a single on the radio. If we get nothing this week before the MSG show, Chinese Democracy isn't happening. I personally believe this is the week that the pieces of the puzzle are going to come together in a good way for all us die hard fans.

That would be nice to see, and I completely agree with what everybody says, but the way I try to see it is that Axl doesn't care what people expect or hope.. Again, I agree, yes it would be an ideal time to announce forthcoming activities, but the thing is, we need to be open to all possibilities, and again the unlikely yet likely chance that Axl will just put the album out at short notice with little to no fanfare. Everything up to this point has been kept so secret and cryptic and unclear that I can't see them suddenly taking any conventional route for the release of this album. just my opinion

Some guys over at the Velvet Rope are pretty sure that it won't come out this year, (the people that post at this site are insiders in the industry generally). Some shit about, "no level meetings about the album have taken place." Take it for what its worth.

I'm also pleased to note, that most of these "insiders," seem to think highly of the new songs and band, (except for Axl ironically), and the general consensus is that the material is good and the album will probably be pretty big.

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showf...=0&fpart=25

I am reading a lot of what you guys and gals are saying. And everyone, at least in this topic, has made good points. But I think that the GNR namesake has already proven that it can operate completely outside of what is typically done. Many people believe in constants, meaning the way this or that is supposed to be done. I hear a lot of, "if it's not announced by this date it can't come out this year", or "Axl has not said anything about CD durrin the US tour so it won't be out this year". I just have this stupid feeling that one day I will walk into Tower Records and it'll just be there. And I think it will happen in 2006.

He said that Axl wants the Guns N' Roses album to have a positive effect in 2005. That's pretty clear to me. :book:

Um... Even if Merck said it would be out, it's obvious that he'd be going by what Axl told him. It's not Merck putting out the album, it's Axl. Damn sure that if Merck had the album and wasn't putting it out when Axl wanted it out, or if any of the fuck-ups were Merck's, there'd be hell to pay from Axl. :anger:

I'm on the record somewhere saying that a) they can get the sucker out with six weeks notice (so there's still Dec. 17th), and B) I thought the thing would be out this year ONLY if they did not record new tracks. As soon as it was said that Ron and Frank were recording, I mentally wrote it off. This is the same pattern that's happened almost every year. Somebody leaves and/or somebody new comes in and they record or re-record new tracks. Axl's got one hell of a self-destruct mechanism when he gets too close. :( (Either that or the new meds that he must have been taking to get him this far have worn off). :D

Merck still could be part of a problem, though, considering the wording of the story about his resignation from Sanctuary which indicated that that Axl and Morrisey were not confirmed as following. It's possible there's a contractual hang up. Sheer speculation, but it may not be in Merck's best interests to see CD released until Axl is free and clear of Sanctuary. Axl is a loyal guy, he'd back Merck up.

Merck had been expected to keep working with Elton John even though John is staying with Sanctuary, and that didn't pan out. Axl is signed to Sanctuary, not Merck. Getting out of the deal might be costing Axl big bucks, but it's also a good bet that Axl has a 'key man' clause in his contract -- no Merck, no deal, or no Merck and Sanctuary has to release him or pay him big bucks, something like that.

My guess is that Axl started re-recording tracks, and Merck's deal hit a wall and he doesn't want the CD out until it's resolved. Or Merck's deal hung things up and Axl quickly took advantage of the down time. Neither is pissed at the other because they cancel each other out. Will be interesting to see what official excuse they come up with if they miss 2006. (My guess is they'll blame it all on Sanctuary). <_<

I am reading a lot of what you guys and gals are saying. And everyone, at least in this topic, has made good points. But I think that the GNR namesake has already proven that it can operate completely outside of what is typically done. Many people believe in constants, meaning the way this or that is supposed to be done. I hear a lot of, "if it's not announced by this date it can't come out this year", or "Axl has not said anything about CD durrin the US tour so it won't be out this year". I just have this stupid feeling that one day I will walk into Tower Records and it'll just be there. And I think it will happen in 2006.

Tower's going out of business. The doors are closing VERY soon

You want to know the truth?

Most of you aren't ready for what I'm about to tell you. I don't take any responsibility for what may happen once you find out Axl's secret.

Sometimes people speak of Axl as having a split personality, or a manic depressive personality. From the outside, this seems perfectly plausible. However, the cause of Axl's split personality isn't his brain.

The reason that Axl seems to have a split personality is because Axl actually has an identical twin brother. Don't bother looking for birth certificates or records of Axl's brother's birth, because you won't find any. The Rose family had these documents destroyed years ago. Authorities were paid off to make sure that the truth would never come out.

The only people who know the truth are the still-living Axl, and his family.

One Axl brother loved Slash and the original band. However, sometime during the Use Your Illusion recording sessions, that Axl DIED. Ever wonder why Axl's voice sounded different on Use Your Illusions? Now you know.

The only suriving Axl, took his place, but never got along with the band. In fact he downright hated them. So soon after the Axl twin took over as the permanent Axl, the band fell apart.

The final Axl fell into a depression and withdrew from society. However, he wanted to carry on his twin brother's legacy. He began getting plastic surgery so that he would like more like the other Axl.

Finally, he announced Chinese Democracy. Final-Axl has told me himself that the truth will be revealed in the liner notes of the Chinese Democracy album.

He also told me that Chinese Democracy will be released on November 21st.

Alright. I just e-mailed one of the best record stores in Stockholm (Pet Sounds: http://www.petsounds.se ) about the release of "Chinese Democracy". I have some worrying news about their answer:

"Sorry, den har försvunnit från releasebladen."

which in english translates to:

"Sorry, it has been removed from the release papers."

So, in other words they had it listed for release but it has now been removed. :(

I for one will be pretty upset if the album diesn´t come out this year.

i have to say that i am still on the fence. i want to believe it will be released this year. i guess if you have enough money and are willing to fork it out and pay off the right people to keep something secret until a tuesday were to come around, i guess it may be possible. i think that has to be the only real way that axl and com. could keep this under raps until the CD is shipped to the stores to sell. if giving the right amount money i assume anyone can keep a secret right? with this in mind (maybe), do you think we could get this thing this year still? rock3

I think it makes perfect sense to have it out sometime in the two weeks leading up to Christmas, when consumers are in the mindset of spending money and perhaps more open to buying a CD that otherwise they would be 50-50 on. Just my opinion, but if you're going to release a big CD or movie, you'd be more inclined to release it in mid-December, rather than October or November.

reading all the Harley info and processing the data, my mind has spat out the following thoughts:

_ 19th November 2006 = a Sunday _

_ 20th November 2006 = a Monday _ the start of a new week. *maybe* Harley can air Better :)

_ 21st November 2006 = a Tuesday _ the day they release new albums on (apparently) *maybe* CD will hit the shelves _

_ 28th November 2006 = a Tueday - the day they release new albums on (apparently) *maybe* CD will hit the shelves _

_ The 28th is looking good as the Harley add might generate some Gn'R buzz _ If the 28th don't the release of the album _ then *maybe* the 28th will see the release of a single *maybe* Better _ _ _ _

Is there an echo in here? :huh:

reading all the Harley info and processing the data, my mind has spat out the following thoughts:

_ 19th November 2006 = a Sunday _

_ 20th November 2006 = a Monday _ the start of a new week. *maybe* Harley can air Better :)

_ 21st November 2006 = a Tuesday _ the day they release new albums on (apparently) *maybe* CD will hit the shelves _

_ 28th November 2006 = a Tueday - the day they release new albums on (apparently) *maybe* CD will hit the shelves _

_ The 28th is looking good as the Harley add might generate some Gn'R buzz _ If the 28th don't the release of the album _ then *maybe* the 28th will see the release of a single *maybe* Better _ _ _ _

Is there an echo in here? :huh:

x 2 :huh:

Kannon.

lol, around 14 dec. we will get a semi release date, from axl or merck... It will be around the end of Feb. beginning of March. We will be dissapointed, cuz 2006 was not the year, but hey we have some sort of statement that it will be out at the end of february. We all will wait till february and the release date will be changed to the beginning of May... And there after it will be in 2007, 2007 will be the year of Guns. And he cycle is round again, ready to make a next turn over.