Tonight's Portland Show Cancelled

final_touches

The band has been working hard and I´m sure this cancellation is just an exception.I don´t think Axl and co want to throw all their hard work and efforts right now. Let´s wait, maybe it´s not the band´s fault.

Let's not delude ourselves. The isn't the band's fault, not the promoters fault, not the fire marshal's fault. This is Axl's fault.

Stop being idiotic. You don't know that, and it's arrogant and ridiculously presumptive to say that. Give the guy a break! I'm sure there's a very good reason.

come on....do you people really think you will hear the reason for the cancellation....I'm still waiting on the reason for them cancelling the Nashville show 2 F'n weeks ago!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The band has been working hard and I´m sure this cancellation is just an exception.I don´t think Axl and co want to throw all their hard work and efforts right now. Let´s wait, maybe it´s not the band´s fault.

Let's not delude ourselves. The isn't the band's fault, not the promoters fault, not the fire marshal's fault. This is Axl's fault.

Stop being idiotic. You don't know that, and it's arrogant and ridiculously presumptive to say that. Give the guy a break! I'm sure there's a very good reason.

Being idiotic is ignoring the long history that axl rose has of not showing up for gigs. He has done it all throughout his career. It's the most obvious reason for the cancellation.

There's no point arguing. You've already made up your mind, but you're still a damn fool.

I just called the t.v. network where Letterman films (CBS in NY) and asked who the musical guest was tonight. After being switched around a few times someone finally said to me they couldn't confirm and just 'watch the show tonight'. :unsure:

well, my heart rate finally went down...........until i read this. great, now i really am going to have to watch letterman tonight.......shit, i need sleep. oh well, fuck it, its for a good cause.

Edited by fridayfan13

I just called the t.v. network where Letterman films (CBS in NY) and asked who the musical guest was tonight. After being switched around a few times someone finally said to me they couldn't confirm and just 'watch the show tonight'. :unsure:

well, my heart rate finally went down...........until i read this. great, now i really am goig to have to watch letterman tonight.......shit, i need sleep. oh well, fuck it, its for a good cause.

Yea, but people at the venue said that the busses and everything were parked outside. I would think that the equipment and crew would go to nyc with the band if they were going to be on letterman.

well, my heart rate finally went down...........until i read this. great, now i really am going to have to watch letterman tonight.......shit, i need sleep. oh well, fuck it, its for a good cause.

GNR are NOT on letterman tonight, will you people stop talking about this???

Being idiotic is ignoring the long history that axl rose has of not showing up for gigs. He has done it all throughout his career. It's the most obvious reason for the cancellation.

There's no point arguing. You've already made up your mind, but you're still a damn fool.

Denial ain't just a river in egypt.

This is the end

Beautiful friend

This is the end

My only friend, the end

Sorry, not trying to make more of it than it is. There was NO ONE available to confirm who the guest is tonight and the show has already been taped by now, so not sure what any of that means.

fine, show me your proof

Axl better fuckin be on Letterman tonight because if he isn't he deserves to have the plug pulled on this tour and never to be seen again. there is no excuse for not showing up no matter how many fans are there or alcohol rules . The reviews have been positive and the shows have been well recieved by the people who have attended. If there is not a good reason for this happening this could be the nail on the coffin . This is too bad because Axl had been performing so well and looked to be improving his reputation of being a flake .

That would be too bad if they weren't, since it would be one of only a few acceptable excuses to cancel a show a few hours before it's scheduled start.

Actually, it's not really that acceptable as an excuse either.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Aylarose28 posted this at HTGTH:

Just in case you guys missed it....NO they WON'T be on Letterman.....taken from the source of the news intially....

-----

GN'R has been taken off this week's calendar entirely.

For those of you who feel I misled you, I apologize and assure you that GN'R (as of last week ) was on the calendar for a Monday or Thursday appearance this week. As I said they have been pulled off this week's calendar 100%. My information was accurate then as it is now.

To reiterate, I was referring to the calendar in the production office, not the one available to the general public via the Late Show website.

Sorry it's not happening; wish it were and hope that one day it will.

Apologies to those for whom English is not a first language, as apparently my posts were confusing. (However, if English is your first language, your parents and teachers owe you the apology.)

Axl is on Letterman TONIGHT!!!. It has to be....it has to be!!! GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES IS DOING LETTERMAN!!! it's the only explanation possible. If that is not the case then WE as fans need to close up shop........seriously folks....devote more time to your friends and family and NOT this forum. I hear U2 is working on an album. I like Bono He's very altuisitc...he cares about his fans. If you don't like U2 then that 's fine.....pick a band or discover one on-line worth your attention. Axl PLEASE don't fuck this up your fans depend on you and want for you to come out with some great shit!!!! You've got THIS and so many forums who want to hear from the REINCARNATION OF GUNS' ROSES. AXL Don't spite your fans...........we are eager for a logical explation dude!!!!! IF this album does not come out by November 21st than not only are we as fans all suckers who have wasted our time and "PATIENCE" but we're also no "BETTER" than the child molestor who took advantage of Axl when he was but a knee high to a grasshopper.......................................RAPED AND CONFUSED AND ANGRY AT THE BULLSHIT.....

ok now I'm ranting....sorry folks.....stream of consciousness got the best of me..........

Edited by welcometothespunkle

Ya, Fucking cool Axl.

"No Alchol, Fuck that, cancel the show. I'm a rockstar! Woo! Rawr!"

Axl you're a fucking tool. I'm so glad Slash and co didn't take this shit and left. This is a fucking joke. I can't believe some of you Axl nuthuggers are letting him take you through this shit. He has zero respect for his fans and bandmates/openers.

What a fucking loser.

Axl is on Letterman TONIGHT!!!. It has to be....it has to be!!! GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES IS DOING LETTERMAN!!! it's the only explanation possible. If that is not the case then WE as fans need to close up shop........seriously folks....devote more time to your friends and family and NOT this forum. I hear Uis working on an album. I like Bono He's very altuisitc...he cares about his fans. If you don't like U@ then that 's fine.....pick a band or discover one on-line worth your attention. Axl PLEASE don't fuck this up your fans depend on you and want for you to come out with some great shit!!!! You've got THIS and so many forums who want to hear from the REINCARNATION OF GUNS' ROSES. AXL Don't spite your fans...........we are eager for a logical explation dude!!!!! IF this album does not come out by November 21st than not only are we as fans all suckers who have wasted our time and "PATIENCE" but we're also no better than the child molestor who took advantage of Axl when he was but a knee high to a grasshopper.......................................RAPED AND CONFUSED AND ANGRY AT THE BULLSHIT.....

ok now I'm ranting....sorry folks.....stream of consciousness got the best of me..........

take a cold bath, everything will be just fine...