Tonight's Portland Show Cancelled

final_touches

It's interesting that tonights show is the only one with no musical guest listed on the CBS website. Link.

The show have been recorded 3.5 hours ago, do you really think that they would cancel tonight gig if they were appearing on tv tonight???

Exactly. They would´ve cancelled it a long time ago and not wait till today cause they know they´d piss people off.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aylarose28 posted this at HTGTH:

Just in case you guys missed it....NO they WON'T be on Letterman.....taken from the source of the news intially....

-----

GN'R has been taken off this week's calendar entirely.

For those of you who feel I misled you, I apologize and assure you that GN'R (as of last week ) was on the calendar for a Monday or Thursday appearance this week. As I said they have been pulled off this week's calendar 100%. My information was accurate then as it is now.

To reiterate, I was referring to the calendar in the production office, not the one available to the general public via the Late Show website.

Sorry it's not happening; wish it were and hope that one day it will.

Apologies to those for whom English is not a first language, as apparently my posts were confusing. (However, if English is your first language, your parents and teachers owe you the apology.)

PLEASE tell me that you don't mean the Worcester Show has been canceled.

Ya, Fucking cool Axl.

"No Alchol, Fuck that, cancel the show. I'm a rockstar! Woo! Rawr!"

Axl you're a fucking tool. I'm so glad Slash and co didn't take this shit and left. This is a fucking joke. I can't believe some of you Axl nuthuggers are letting him take you through this shit. He has zero respect for his fans and bandmates/openers.

What a fucking loser.

this is a rumour

The band has been working hard and I´m sure this cancellation is just an exception.I don´t think Axl and co want to throw all their hard work and efforts right now. Let´s wait, maybe it´s not the band´s fault.

Axl is on Letterman TONIGHT!!!. It has to be....it has to be!!! GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES IS DOING LETTERMAN!!! it's the only explanation possible. If that is not the case then WE as fans need to close up shop........seriously folks....devote more time to your friends and family and NOT this forum. I hear U2 is working on an album. I like Bono He's very altuisitc...he cares about his fans. If you don't like U@ then that 's fine.....pick a band or discover one on-line worth your attention. Axl PLEASE don't fuck this up your fans depend on you and want for you to come out with some great shit!!!! You've got THIS and so many forums who want to hear from the REINCARNATION OF GUNS' ROSES. AXL Don't spite your fans...........we are eager for a logical explation dude!!!!! IF this album does not come out by November 21st than not only are we as fans all suckers who have wasted our time and "PATIENCE" but we're also no better than the child molestor who took advantage of Axl when he was but a knee high to a grasshopper.......................................RAPED AND CONFUSED AND ANGRY AT THE BULLSHIT.....

ok now I'm ranting....sorry folks.....stream of consciousness got the best of me..........

DUDE READ MY OTHER POST:

Aylarose28 posted this at HTGTH:

Just in case you guys missed it....NO they WON'T be on Letterman.....taken from the source of the news intially....

-----

GN'R has been taken off this week's calendar entirely.

For those of you who feel I misled you, I apologize and assure you that GN'R (as of last week ) was on the calendar for a Monday or Thursday appearance this week. As I said they have been pulled off this week's calendar 100%. My information was accurate then as it is now.

To reiterate, I was referring to the calendar in the production office, not the one available to the general public via the Late Show website.

Sorry it's not happening; wish it were and hope that one day it will.

Apologies to those for whom English is not a first language, as apparently my posts were confusing. (However, if English is your first language, your parents and teachers owe you the apology.)

Axl better fuckin be on Letterman tonight because if he isn't he deserves to have the plug pulled on this tour and never to be seen again. there is no excuse for not showing up no matter how many fans are there or alcohol rules . The reviews have been positive and the shows have been well recieved by the people who have attended. If there is not a good reason for this happening this could be the nail on the coffin . This is too bad because Axl had been performing so well and looked to be improving his reputation of being a flake .

Didn't the original source of this re-post to say the GNR reference had been taken off the schedule? It was something that was obviously under discussion at some point, maybe before the Sanctuary politics hit a brick wall they discussed announcing the CD release on Letterman, but I believed the intial source when it was first posted, and I believe the retraction -- it didn't happen. It unfolded the same way the MTV Awards did in past years when there had been discussion and GNR 'pencilled' in, but never went any farther.

And it's not lack of ticket sales. Cancelling at this late date doesn't save anybody any money at all, they'd be far better off financially to play the show. They've incurred the venue and staff costs including IATSE (the show call was made, they gotta pay), any advertising is done, 95% of the travel, the hotel rooms, everything.

My guess is a combo of the 'alcohol' and 'pyro' story, at least in part. Axl has been close to a meltdown with all the pressure, it's logical that being told the pyro couldn't be used in the manner they usually used it (maybe because of a banned inflamable ingredient?), and he blew up and cancelled.

When Axl gets in a downswing, it really doesn't take much to set him off. I don't believe the 'alcohol' story on its own merits, because I'm not convinced that Axl even made it to the venue to find that out. He would have been informed about the pyro in advance, but unlikely his handlers would be stupid enough to allow the alcohol thing to become an issue at least until he got there.

So... Did Axl even make it to Maine? That's my big question. (Although maybe somebody's answered it by now).

It's interesting that tonights show is the only one with no musical guest listed on the CBS website. Link.

The show have been recorded 3.5 hours ago, do you really think that they would cancel tonight gig if they were appearing on tv tonight???

Exactly. They would´ve cancelled it a long time ago and not wait till today cause they know they´d piss people off.

Think about it. Axl thought he could tape and make the show, but then some complications with air travel or something caused the show to be cancelled.

as for those wondering about nashville, i read in some article on a website for a florida newspaper (refering to the postponed florida dates) that gnr was finishing up the album and thats why nashville was cancelled and the other dates pushed back

but then again that didnt come from the gnr camp so who knows

Ya, Fucking cool Axl.

Axl you're a fucking tool. I'm so glad Slash and co didn't take this shit and left. This is a fucking joke. I can't believe some of you Axl nuthuggers are letting him take you through this shit. He has zero respect for his fans and bandmates/openers.

What a fucking loser.

yep, 'cause i'm sure that's what happened

give your head a shake

I just called the t.v. network where Letterman films (CBS in NY) and asked who the musical guest was tonight. After being switched around a few times someone finally said to me they couldn't confirm and just 'watch the show tonight'. :unsure:

well, my heart rate finally went down...........until i read this. great, now i really am going to have to watch letterman tonight.......shit, i need sleep. oh well, fuck it, its for a good cause.

Sorry, not trying to make more of it than it is. There was NO ONE available to confirm who the guest is tonight and the show has already been taped by now, so not sure what any of that means.

They tape at 4pm eastern time. guns out the door by 5pm. get to south heliport by 5:30pm. in the air by 6pm

asshole venue owner gets paranoid and won't open the door til the band is there. letterman is so secret that they can't even tell owner why they're late. venue owner cancels show and blames it on the artist.

sound good? ya' never know

I'm not saying that they will be there. It's just interesting that no musical guest is listed.

i gotta admit that ive always been enthusiastic about the new GNR and everything thats going on...but if theres not a good reason for this cancellation then i dunno how i'll feel...i really never thought anything like this would happen this tour, and i couldnt imagine if it were to happen to me, id flip out! so for all these people travelling to portland to see GNR, some travelling many hours, i can definitely see a huge outrage over this cause if it was me its hard to say what id do...i can only be enthusiastic for so long...this is definitely not a good sign and is clearly gonna cause much more problems for GNR's ticket sales...

That's possible. Recorded it 3.5 hours ago. Go to a party after the recording and than Robin realised that they have to do a show tonight. He told Axl about it who immidiatily decided to cancel the show because he started to get drunk and he wanted to ride the mechanical bull. :D

I just called the t.v. network where Letterman films (CBS in NY) and asked who the musical guest was tonight. After being switched around a few times someone finally said to me they couldn't confirm and just 'watch the show tonight'. :unsure:

well, my heart rate finally went down...........until i read this. great, now i really am going to have to watch letterman tonight.......shit, i need sleep. oh well, fuck it, its for a good cause.

Sorry, not trying to make more of it than it is. There was NO ONE available to confirm who the guest is tonight and the show has already been taped by now, so not sure what any of that means.

They tape at 4pm eastern time. guns out the door by 5pm. get to south heliport by 5:30pm. in the air by 6pm

asshole venue owner gets paranoid and won't open the door til the band is there. letterman is so secret that they can't even tell owner why they're late. venue owner cancels show and blames it on the artist.

Ok first, they won't be on letterman tonight.

Venue owner are not assholes, they are business men, I would do the same thing.

Ya, Fucking cool Axl.

What a fucking loser.

this is a rumour

Still.

Even if it was cause they weren't allowed to use Pyro, SUCK IT UP! Play without the Pyro no one will complain if you don't. Samething with ticketsales. He loses just as much money if not more, by cancelin the gig. I mean he talks about the real fans being the ones who come out to the show well then why doesn't he fucking play for them!?

It's fucking ridiculous.

Ya, Fucking cool Axl.

What a fucking loser.

Couldnt agree more when will you axl lovers wake up this guy doesnt give a fuck about the fans wake up and stop making excuses for him, thank fuck for velvet revolver, second album out late spring and us vr fans safe in the knowledge that they will show up for gigs cause they have the balls to release theyr albums, wake up people axl rose is a self centred prick that doesnt give a fuck

That's possible. Recorded it 3.5 hours ago. Go to a party after the recording and than Robin realised that they have to do a show tonight. He told Axl about it who immidiatily decided to cancel the show because he started to get drunk and he wanted to ride the mechanical bull. :D

LOl i would like to see the press release for that!

Then a GIANT VAGINA comes out of the sky and swallows the helicopter.....possible?? Doubt it, Oprah is in Chicago, damn man. I have to go to class tonight and will be thinking about this from 6:00-9:50. Then race home to see the message boards, this is gonna blow if there isnt a reasonable excuse. Heres to hoping for one *Takes a large swig of Red Hook ESB* :unsure:

:rofl-lol: Funny how they ARE allowed to discuss this on HTGTH...I thought anything negative was immediately deleted. Still, perhaps the fact that Jarmo was supposed to be at the show...

He was?

Ha. That's cheered me up. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. ;)

Yes, though whether he paid for his ticket or not.... ;)