Tonight's Portland Show Cancelled

final_touches

HTGTH just deleted some mysterious info about a "thread" in their thread on this! :o Does anyone know what that was all about?

Christ, even in a time of crisis! When the press release comes they won't be able to talk about it... you just watch. :(

I know that Mysteron stated that "the press release will apear soon". I don't know about his later posts.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok

breath in, breath out.. going to see 3 shows next week....breath in breath out

dude, I got chills thinking about you missing out, I hope for your sake this is an isolated incident, I am at one down 2 to go, lets hope we get em in.

Maybe a doubleheader tomorrow?

"Its a beautiful day, lets play two!" Ernie Banks.

stop quoting this crap. lets wait for real news godamnit

Do you think we're going to get "real news" from merck?

yess :drevil:

So you don't think that it's going to be the typical self serving crap that blames everyone else for Axl's actions?

I just deleted a bunch of posts that were masquerading the 2004 press release when Buckethead left the band as being related to this issue. Please don't re-post it - it's misleading and confusing for people.

you SHOULD have deleted the USER. Maybe it would get these children to behave so the real fans can discuss shit.

I also bet the venue is blaming it on the artist. i think the venue owner got nervous when axl wasn't there by a certain time. i don't think axl would wait till people are already AT the show to cancel.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=82691

I'll never understand why people get so surprised. What does it take?

What is the title of the album again? Why hasn't it changed in all these years? ...Cuz, it's the BEST name of all time. I can't think of anything more perfect. Would you still have had this much faith if he just called it "Bigfoot" or a very plain "Never". What am I saying...Keep waiting, I'm sure everything is fine. I hear the reason for the cancelled show is because the record drops tommorrow...or next Tuesday...or the NEXT Tuesday...or....just keep the faith.

I will say I really do feel for everyone out there that feels ripped off right now.

(I feel like laughing but I do feel.)

yours truley,

the loch ness monster

I just deleted a bunch of posts that were masquerading the 2004 press release when Buckethead left the band as being related to this issue. Please don't re-post it - it's misleading and confusing for people.

you SHOULD have deleted the USER. Maybe it would get these children to behave so the real fans can discuss shit.

I think the real fans know about this 2004 stuff...... :heart:

okay, Tool in 2002 played a show in Atlanta at the Taberbacle...(which I was at by the way) on the same day that their lateralus album came out. I'm sick of people saying that's shows are being cancelled so that the band can get the album out. It's completely ridiculous.

The band has been working hard and I´m sure this cancellation is just an exception.I don´t think Axl and co want to throw all their hard work and efforts right now. Let´s wait, maybe it´s not the band´s fault.

Let's not delude ourselves. The isn't the band's fault, not the promoters fault, not the fire marshal's fault. This is Axl's fault.

I just spoke to my friend that's there and he said he spoke with security and here's what they said: baz and papa roach are there. Gnr cancelled due to low ticket sales about 45 minutes ago. He said the venue holds 8,000 and only 3,500 tix were sold.

if it's the low ticket sales? it makes fucking no sense what so ever? how do you improve future ticket sales when you cancel on the fans willing to show up? there digging that hole again!, dig up stupid :xmasssanta:

The band has been working hard and I´m sure this cancellation is just an exception.I don´t think Axl and co want to throw all their hard work and efforts right now. Let´s wait, maybe it´s not the band´s fault.

We have bunch of speculations right now:

- the alcohol

- the fire marshall

- the poor ticket sales

The ticket sales excuse is the lamest possible... They'd knew about this yesterday and wouldn't even come to Maine, but all the people there are saying that the buses are parked there.

Let's not delude ourselves. The isn't the band's fault, not the promoters fault, not the fire marshal's fault. This is Axl's fault.

Stop being idiotic. You don't know that, and it's arrogant and ridiculously presumptive to say that. Give the guy a break! I'm sure there's a very good reason.

I think the real fans know about this 2004 stuff...... :heart:

the poster could have explained it and the post would still be there. there's a rule here "posts must make sense"

We have bunch of speculations right now:

- the alcohol

- the fire marshall

- the poor ticket sales

The ticket sales excuse is the lamest possible... They'd knew about this yesterday and wouldn't even come to Maine, but all the people there are saying that the buses are parked there.

Thousands of tickets have been sold on the night of the show during this tour. The band probably hoped for the same thing to have happened tonight, which it obviously didn't.

My senses tell me that it was Axl's decision to stop this show from progressing any further.

Stop being idiotic. You don't know that, and it's arrogant and ridiculously presumptive to say that. Give the guy a break! I'm sure there's a very good reason.

Being idiotic is ignoring the long history that axl rose has of not showing up for gigs. He has done it all throughout his career. It's the most obvious reason for the cancellation.