Tonight's Portland Show Cancelled

final_touches

:rofl-lol: Funny how they ARE allowed to discuss this on HTGTH...I thought anything negative was immediately deleted. Still, perhaps the fact that Jarmo was supposed to be at the show...

He was?

Ha. That's cheered me up. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. ;)

Yes, though whether he paid for his ticket or not.... ;)

yeah being a brown nose saves money i guess.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the beginning of the end! He's used up all his comebacks, and nobody cares anymore. CD is going to flop.

ALL OF US KNOW IT IS TRUE!!!!

GU

:rofl-lol: Funny how they ARE allowed to discuss this on HTGTH...I thought anything negative was immediately deleted. Still, perhaps the fact that Jarmo was supposed to be at the show...

He was?

Ha. That's cheered me up. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. ;)

Yes, though whether he paid for his ticket or not.... ;)

like I said before....

IT'S ALL

D

O

W

N

H

I

L

L

L

FROM HERE

rock2

And it's because of alcohol, Mother Goose isn't sick.

But if he ever does get sick, a show will get cancelled, because we all know Pitman is needed.

You can't just replace him like they did with Frank/Brian.

Edited by Jackamo

All of you cunts complaining should not have bought the fucking tickets :rolleyes: I knew what to expect when I bought my tickets. If it gets cancelled, I knew there was a chance of it happening.

Dude, I won't even comment on how stupid you sound when you say something like that

All of you cunts complaining should not have bought the fucking tickets :rolleyes: I knew what to expect when I bought my tickets. If it gets cancelled, I knew there was a chance of it happening.

Wake up.

Thats not acceptable behaviour. This guy is going to drag his fans through the mud and your just gonna take it like Axl takes it up the ass from Del James.

You're a fucking moron.

People buy tickets to see their favourite band and are pissed when it's cancelled? THOSE UNREASONABLE BASTARDS!

Please. :rolleyes: I know ANY gig can get cancelled, but when they do it's more than fair everyone can be pissed about it unless there's a VERY good reason.

Which is why I'm waiting for this press release before judging..

Those who were going to the show have every right to piss and moan at the moment, though.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=61682

GUNS N' ROSES: Tonight's Concert In Portland, Maine Cancelled - Nov. 6, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES has cancelled its scheduled performance tonight (Monday, November 6) at the Cumber County Civic Center in Portland, Maine. According to a spokesperson for the venue, the concert was called off by the artist and not by the promoter. More information is expected soon.

GUNS N' ROSES confirmed last week that drummer Frank Ferrer will be behind the kit for the group's entire North American tour, according to Launch Radio Networks. Ferrer temporarily replaced regular drummer Bryan "Brain" Mantia during the band's summer European trek when Mantia went home after his wife gave birth to a baby daughter. Writing at the official GUNS N' ROSES web site, band "insider" Del James explained, "Prior to the U.S. run, Brain asked if he could sit this one out so he could be with his newborn baby. Had it come down to not being able to do it without him, Brain would have done the tour but management and the band support his decision to be with his family. Frank Ferrer is not a replacement drummer or some backup playing because of an injury."

Ferrer, a friend of GUNS guitarist Richard Fortus, has previously played for the PSYCHEDELIC FURS, PERRY FARRELL and HONKY TOAST, among others.

There's no word on when Mantia will return to the group full-time.

James, a former journalist and longtime friend of GUNS frontman W. Axl Rose, touched on the much-altered band lineup in his post, writing, "When certain former members of GUNS N' ROSES quit, like (guitarist) Slash and (bassist) Duff McKagan, had they had their way that would have sounded the death knell for GN'R. GUNS N' ROSES was never their original vision."

James also addressed reviews of the band's live show in which it has been criticized for coming onstage late, saying, "This is supposed to be an all-night party. When the fuck did rock 'n' roll...get a Flavor Flav-sized time clock wrapped around its neck like a hangman's noose? Rebellion and punctuality do not go hand in hand and for those of you too young to remember, THE ROLLING STONES and LED ZEPPELIN rarely went on before midnight in their heyday."

---------------

sorry if it was already posted

oh man, you realize how stupid you sound?, axl could beat your mum and you would tell your mum but you new what axl was like.

We don´t know the true reasons why it´s been cancelled,stop speculation and don´t believe it all. Rumours in internet fly with thunder speed.

We have to speculate because us worthless 'non-fans' © Del James 'Entertainment' don't deserve, and won't get an explanation.

GUNS N' ROSES has cancelled its scheduled performance tonight (Monday, November 6) at the Cumber County Civic Center in Portland, Maine. According to a spokesperson for the venue, the concert was called off by the artist and not by the promoter. More information is expected soon.

GUNS N' ROSES confirmed last week that drummer Frank Ferrer will be behind the kit for the group's entire North American tour, according to Launch Radio Networks. Ferrer temporarily replaced regular drummer Bryan "Brain" Mantia during the band's summer European trek when Mantia went home after his wife gave birth to a baby daughter. Writing at the official GUNS N' ROSES web site, band "insider" Del James explained, "Prior to the U.S. run, Brain asked if he could sit this one out so he could be with his newborn baby. Had it come down to not being able to do it without him, Brain would have done the tour but management and the band support his decision to be with his family. Frank Ferrer is not a replacement drummer or some backup playing because of an injury."

Ferrer, a friend of GUNS guitarist Richard Fortus, has previously played for the PSYCHEDELIC FURS, PERRY FARRELL and HONKY TOAST, among others.

James, a former journalist and longtime friend of GUNS frontman W. Axl Rose, touched on the much-altered band lineup in his post, writing, "When certain former members of GUNS N' ROSES quit, like (guitarist) Slash and (bassist) Duff McKagan, had they had their way that would have sounded the death knell for GN'R. GUNS N' ROSES was never their original vision."

James also addressed reviews of the band's live show in which it has been criticized for coming onstage late, saying, "This is supposed to be an all-night party. When the fuck did rock 'n' roll...get a Flavor Flav-sized time clock wrapped around its neck like a hangman's noose? Rebellion and punctuality do not go hand in hand and for those of you too young to remember, THE ROLLING STONES and LED ZEPPELIN rarely went on before midnight in their heyday."

---------------

nope they just reposted what on this board ;)

Tonight setlist is the worst by far!!!!

Edited by Montrealer

---------------

"GUNS N' ROSES: Tonight's Concert In Portland, Maine Cancelled - Nov. 6, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES has cancelled its scheduled performance tonight (Monday, November 6) at the Cumber County Civic Center in Portland, Maine. According to a spokesperson for the venue, the concert was called off by the artist and not by the promoter. More information is expected soon."

well i think thats been established

I,m so surprise no one talked about a possible last minute reunion!!!

:rolleyes:

If the rest of the tour is canceled, I would imagine "reunion" would be mentioned a lot.

In the meantime, let's have a little patience everyone until we see the reasons for the cancellation.

The band has been working hard and I´m sure this cancellation is just an exception.I don´t think Axl and co want to throw all their hard work and efforts right now. Let´s wait, maybe it´s not the band´s fault.

Axl is on Letterman TONIGHT!!!. It has to be....it has to be!!! GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES IS DOING LETTERMAN!!! it's the only explanation possible. If that is not the case then WE as fans need to close up shop........seriously folks....devote more time to your friends and family and NOT this forum. I hear U2 is working on an album. I like Bono He's very altuisitc...he cares about his fans. If you don't like U@ then that 's fine.....pick a band or discover one on-line worth your attention. Axl PLEASE don't fuck this up your fans depend on you and want for you to come out with some great shit!!!! You've got THIS and so many forums who want to hear from the REINCARNATION OF GUNS' ROSES. AXL Don't spite your fans...........we are eager for a logical explation dude!!!!! IF this album does not come out by November 21st than not only are we as fans all suckers who have wasted our time and "PATIENCE" but we're also no better than the child molestor who took advantage of Axl when he was but a knee high to a grasshopper.......................................RAPED AND CONFUSED AND ANGRY AT THE BULLSHIT.....

ok now I'm ranting....sorry folks.....stream of consciousness got the best of me..........

DUDE READ MY OTHER POST:

Aylarose28 posted this at HTGTH:

Just in case you guys missed it....NO they WON'T be on Letterman.....taken from the source of the news intially....

-----

GN'R has been taken off this week's calendar entirely.

For those of you who feel I misled you, I apologize and assure you that GN'R (as of last week ) was on the calendar for a Monday or Thursday appearance this week. As I said they have been pulled off this week's calendar 100%. My information was accurate then as it is now.

To reiterate, I was referring to the calendar in the production office, not the one available to the general public via the Late Show website.

Sorry it's not happening; wish it were and hope that one day it will.

Apologies to those for whom English is not a first language, as apparently my posts were confusing. (However, if English is your first language, your parents and teachers owe you the apology.)

WHY,..............WHYWHY.................WHYWHY WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY................NO........NO GODNO.............WHY............

Damn Spunkle! Calm the fuck down! It's not the end of the world. Shit happens....

......It does suck though.

yes it does suck.....I'm sorry about the outburst....I'm working it out in therapy though.......Anyway who has seen SAW III...I want to se it 1 and 2 were pretty cool. (you See being Bipolar DOES have it's advantages)

I,m so surprise no one talked about a possible last minute reunion!!!

:rolleyes:

If the rest of the tour is canceled, I would imagine "reunion" would be mentioned a lot.

In the meantime, let's have a little patience everyone until we see the reasons for the cancellation.

Of course i was being sarcastic ;)

oh man, you realize how stupid you sound?, axl could beat your mum and you would tell your mum but you new what axl was like.

That's a little bit extreme isn't fuck face?

My point is, I don't see why people complain. THEY KNOW what happens. It's been happening since the begining of Guns N' Roses.

If Toronto is cancelled I'll get my money back, and never buy another ticket to see them. But I am not going to cry about it.