The Blues - East Rutherford NJ

dobadog

over on this MySpace site, someone has shared out The Blues from East Rutherford NJ.

(sorry if this is old news but..)

Hearing this version, with the different intro and even Axl's change of singing style, makes me like the Early 2001/2002 Rio version so much better. I used to love the guitar cutting in at the begining.

Edited by dobadog

Disagree respectfully

I don't like the guitar cutting in early, it muddles the excellent Piano chords driving the song

Don't really love the song anyways because I find the " And now I wander thru my days " chorus a little lame

The 2000/2002 mix of the Blue starts with a cool piano, followed by a cool guitar sound cutting in, followed by Axl singing..

The 2006 mix of the Blues starts with a cool piano, and then nothing, just more piano. For me the 2006 mix sounds empty near the begining. The 2006 mix seems slower too. The 2000/2002 mix wasn't all that fast, but it was faster than the 2006 mix.

Edited by dobadog

The 2000/2002 mix of the Blue starts with a cool piano, followed by a cool guitar sound cutting in, followed by Axl singing..

The 2006 mix of the Blues starts with a cool piano, and then nothing, just more piano. For me the 2006 mix sounds empty near the begining. The 2006 mix seems slower too. The 2000/2002 mix wasn't all that fast, but it was faster than the 2006 mix.

Yep and yep.

When the guitars kicked in after the piano intro, that was one of the highlights of the song I thought.

But where are these supposed mew lyrics? Sounds the same to me.

I think the blues ’06 version is better than previous versions, sure I was blown away when I first heard the original version when the guitars cut in , as im sure we all were, but after a while it becomes almost tiresome and seems somewhat out of place.

The newer version with the piano only introduction seems to suit this song better it just seems right somehow, it seems to flow better, just my opinion. The blues is probably my favourite of the “new” tracks and it’s easy to see why its one of axl’s too.

I can’t wait to hear the final album, there is a certain quality and originally to all the songs that I had heard thus far, Chinese democracy will blow us all away no doubt about that.

hear is my favourite version of the blues: http://download.yousendit.com/0DFE1AB138739F01