Message from Merck and Axl

thelostrose

yeah..... matt just got his ass handed to him by about 10 people, you got nothing left to insult matty.

No, don't worry, he'll come back with more lame and infantile insults. He's already done it in this thread. He'll use a condescending attitude, place himself on a pedestal and try to insinuate once again that his opinion is more valuable than anyone else's.

Discussion boards should be for intelligent debate between people who can respect each other's viewpoints. I respect Matt13's outlook on GN'R, but when he doesn't share the same respect for others, that upsets me.

Let me make it clear: I don't honestly care what he says about me, but he went off on a tangent attacking other people in this thread. I think it was totally uncalled for and he should apologize.

Maybe then we can continue CIVIL discussion rather than lame name-calling.

If I see him make another joke implying that a person with an opposing opinion is a girl I may have to regurgitate my food.

Hey Bunky... sorry, I had to tend to everyday life and am now just coming back to see who entertained my post. I didn't even read your breakdown of my last post, but I'm flattered you wasted probably a good hour of your day working on that. Based on your last post, you're exactly the type of person I was talking about:) You're exactly the type of person GNR is talking about:) What's even funnier, I wasn't even pointing anybody out! So thanks for proving my point. If you want a good civilized discussion, I suggest you head on over to the CNN blogger or something... you whine like a liberal anyway, you'd fit right in over there with your big, impressive intelligent words too. I'm glad you have a grasp on the English language... congratulations... there's a cookie for you behind curtain number 1.

As you move on over to curtain number 2, you'll discover that I could give two shits what you think about me on an internet fan forum. I've been around GNR fan forums since there were GNR fan forums... I took your Mr. Nice guy "I'm smarter and more intelligent than you" approach for a long, long time. But then one day after working on a post like that breakdown of my post you did, I realized, what the fuck am I doing?! This is the internet... a fan forum for a vulger, disgusting yet talented band that has written songs about degrading women and insulting an entire race using the word 'n*****r'. Ironic how you would follow such an act given your high moral standards and easily offended ego... evident in your repremanding post apparently. Thanks mom, I'll head on over to church now for confession and really worry about how I offended you on a GUNS N' ROSES INTERNET FAN FORUM.

I'm also sorry you couldn't manage to stay awake past your betdtime of 9PM after you watch your cartoons on the Disney network to go see GNR w/o losing your job the next day. Booo fucking whooo. Are you not competent enough to be able to juggle one night and not lose your job in the rat race? Yes, take your skirt off. Cry me a river over the sexist comments too, you dork. Maybe you're gay... a lot of gay guys wear skirts nowadays. Perhaps I hit home?

Anyway, I come here for news and when I'm bored, entertainment from clowns like you. So thanks for giving me and I'm sure a lot of other people here that don't take this place too seriously a nice little chuckle with your 'intelligence'.

It was cute, very cute indeed.

People like you on a forum like this are a dime a dozen, so hop in line and do yourself a favor next time and:

disconnect from the internet and reconnect from the real world...

... when you discover you have to repremand someone like you're their parent on an INTERNET FAN FORUM FOR A VULGER ROCK BAND.

Christ.

EDIT: Aussie... I suggest you stop hopping on bandwagons. One day, one's going to go off a cliff.

Edited by Matt13

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*kisses the wall of mygnrforum.com*

I am so glad to have this place. A true gnr fan has a mind of their own.

"It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out GUNS N' ROSES and the band's loyal fans"

Yeah that's right, the fire marshals have a grudge against GNR. That REALLY sounds plausible.

Are you being sarcastic? Do you remember St. Louis 1991? Probably not. Here's the short version.

A security guard DELIBERATELY ignored Axl's orders just to piss Axl off. This was proven in a court of law when Axl was not found to be responsible for one of the biggest riots in Rock History. (The security guard was)

I'm Rick James Bitch

"It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out GUNS N' ROSES and the band's loyal fans"

Yeah that's right, the fire marshals have a grudge against GNR. That REALLY sounds plausible.

Are you being sarcastic? Do you remember St. Louis 1991? Probably not. Here's the short version.

A security guard DELIBERATELY ignored Axl's orders just to piss Axl off. This was proven in a court of law when Axl was not found to be responsible for one of the biggest riots in Rock History. (The security guard was)

I'm Rick James Bitch

Ending the show early because someone took a picture of him had NOTHING to do with it.

Ending the show early because someone took a picture of him had NOTHING to do with it.

So what did? And you're wrong. He didn't end the show early cuz someone took a picture of him. He ended it early because the security guard ignored Axl and looked at Axl with a shit-eating grin on his face. The other camera angles were shown in court.

And what possesed you to make this your 13th post in 9 months?

I'm Rick James Bitch

Edited by Rick James

I'm on dial up and don't have an hour for a youtube video to load.

Fans didn't riot because a security guard smiled at Axl Rose. Fans rioted because the show ended early.

The fact that he got off in court on a technicality and saying, "Oh look it wasn't his fault!" is like saying OJ must not have done it.

And check the board. I've made almost all of my posts in the past 2 days. I forgot I was even registered here.

I'm on dial up and don't have an hour for a youtube video to load.

Fans didn't riot because a security guard smiled at Axl Rose. Fans rioted because the show ended early.

The fact that he got off in court on a technicality and saying, "Oh look it wasn't his fault!" is like saying OJ must not have done it.

And check the board. I've made almost all of my posts in the past 2 days. I forgot I was even registered here.

I know this chick on myspace. Sometimes she just sends me a message saying "Hi." But I can see her cute face and hear her voice when she says it. (cuz we talk on the phone too)

It's just so cool when I get that message and it just says, "hi."

I'm Rick James Bitch

yeah..... matt just got his ass handed to him by about 10 people, you got nothing left to insult matty.

No, don't worry, he'll come back with more lame and infantile insults. He's already done it in this thread. He'll use a condescending attitude, place himself on a pedestal and try to insinuate once again that his opinion is more valuable than anyone else's.

Discussion boards should be for intelligent debate between people who can respect each other's viewpoints. I respect Matt13's outlook on GN'R, but when he doesn't share the same respect for others, that upsets me.

Let me make it clear: I don't honestly care what he says about me, but he went off on a tangent attacking other people in this thread. I think it was totally uncalled for and he should apologize.

Maybe then we can continue CIVIL discussion rather than lame name-calling.

If I see him make another joke implying that a person with an opposing opinion is a girl I may have to regurgitate my food.

Hey Bunky... sorry, I had to tend to everyday life and am now just coming back to see who entertained my post. I didn't even read your breakdown of my last post, but I'm flattered you wasted probably a good hour of your day working on that. Based on your last post, you're exactly the type of person I was talking about:) You're exactly the type of person GNR is talking about:) What's even funnier, I wasn't even pointing anybody out! So thanks for proving my point. If you want a good civilized discussion, I suggest you head on over to the CNN blogger or something... you whine like a liberal anyway, you'd fit right in over there with your big, impressive intelligent words too. I'm glad you have a grasp on the English language... congratulations... there's a cookie for you behind curtain number 1.

As you move on over to curtain number 2, you'll discover that I could give two shits what you think about me on an internet fan forum. I've been around GNR fan forums since there were GNR fan forums... I took your Mr. Nice guy "I'm smarter and more intelligent than you" approach for a long, long time. But then one day after working on a post like that breakdown of my post you did, I realized, what the fuck am I doing?! This is the internet... a fan forum for a vulger, disgusting yet talented band that has written songs about degrading women and insulting an entire race using the word 'n*****r'. Ironic how you would follow such an act given your high moral standards and easily offended ego... evident in your repremanding post apparently. Thanks mom, I'll head on over to church now for confession and really worry about how I offended you on a GUNS N' ROSES INTERNET FAN FORUM.

I'm also sorry you couldn't manage to stay awake past your betdtime of 9PM after you watch your cartoons on the Disney network to go see GNR w/o losing your job the next day. Booo fucking whooo. Are you not competent enough to be able to juggle one night and not lose your job in the rat race? Yes, take your skirt off. Cry me a river over the sexist comments too, you dork. Maybe you're gay... a lot of gay guys wear skirts nowadays. Perhaps I hit home?

Anyway, I come here for news and when I'm bored, entertainment from clowns like you. So thanks for giving me and I'm sure a lot of other people here that don't take this place too seriously a nice little chuckle with your 'intelligence'.

It was cute, very cute indeed.

People like you on a forum like this are a dime a dozen, so hop in line and do yourself a favor next time and:

disconnect from the internet and reconnect from the real world...

... when you discover you have to repremand someone like you're their parent on an INTERNET FAN FORUM FOR A VULGER ROCK BAND.

Christ.

EDIT: Aussie... I suggest you stop hopping on bandwagons. One day, one's going to go off a cliff.

When Axl says insulting or racist things, they're in the context of a song - a work of art. There are many levels for it to be evaluated on.

You're just calling people names on an internet forum.

Honestly, do you think doing this bonds you and Axl in some cosmic way? You're nothing like him. He's a great musician. You're just some pissed off guy with a computer.

So thanks for giving me and I'm sure a lot of other people here that don't take this place too seriously a nice little chuckle with your 'intelligence'.

If you didnt "take this place so seriously" you woudnt continue to comeback and argue you fucking dumbass, because like you say "you dont take this seriously".

I swear, ive seen some idiots on here before, but you take the cake.

I feel like ive lost some sense just reading your replies in this thread. Please, just turn your computer off, back away, and never return....

And im sorry but Madison > Jarmo. I know we arent supposed to talk trash about HTGTH, but come on, look at that joke of a place now. Used to be a great site, no0w Merck, Jarmo and whoever else has run it into the ground. Madison runs a great site here, period.

And about the press release, I dont really have much of an opinion. I like the fact that they addressed what happened, I give them credit for that, but I dont really agree with a lot that was said.

Edited by mahimahi

So thanks for giving me and I'm sure a lot of other people here that don't take this place too seriously a nice little chuckle with your 'intelligence'.

If you didnt "take this place so seriously" you woudnt continue to comeback and argue you fucking dumbass, because like you say "you dont take this seriously".

I swear, ive seen some idiots on here before, but you take the cake.

I feel like ive lost some sense just reading your replies in this thread. Please, just turn your computer off, back away, and never return....

If you want, I'll help you pick Matt's post apart. What portion do you want me to work on? I know you guys could use a hand... maybe you'll get a cigarette break if you can make a larger number of posts this hour.

So I'm at the Birmingham show, and these TOTALY smoking babes are at will call and can't seem to get their passes. So, knowing they HAVE to be real girlfriends of the band, I struck up a conversation with them. About 5 minutes later, I offered to buy them a glass of wine over at one of the consession stands. (actually the cups were plastic... I appologized)

Little while later, they still couldn't get their passes. So I brought them around back to see Tom, the stage manager... I THINK that was his name. Anyway, he knew who they were right away, got them passes and they walked through that gate like something out of a frigin' music video. CLASSIC!

What were you saying about a dial up connection?

I'm Rick James Bitch

If you want, I'll help you pick Matt's post apart. What portion do you want me to work on? I know you guys could use a hand... maybe you'll get a cigarette break if you can make a larger number of posts this hour.

So I'm at the Birmingham show, and these TOTALY smoking babes are at will call and can't seem to get their passes. So, knowing they HAVE to be real girlfriends of the band, I struck up a conversation with them. About 5 minutes later, I offered to buy them a glass of wine over at one of the consession stands. (actually the cups were plastic... I appologized)

Little while later, they still couldn't get their passes. So I brought them around back to see Tom, the stage manager... I THINK that was his name. Anyway, he knew who they were right away, got them passes and they walked through that gate like something out of a frigin' music video. CLASSIC!

What were you saying about a dial up connection?

I'm Rick James Bitch

What in gods name are you on about??

Edited by mahimahi

This is interesting

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=61848

Official: GUNS N' ROSES Balked At Alcohol Ban - Nov. 9, 2006

Elbert Aull of the Portland Press Herald reports that GUNS N' ROSES and state fire marshals disagree on who is to blame for the rock band's decision to call off its show at the Cumberland County Civic Center Monday night (Nov. 6).

The band, through a press release issued Tuesday, blamed the decision on a pair of overzealous state fire marshals.

Nelson Collins, supervisor of licensing and inspections at the State Fire Marshal's Office, said he was doing his job when he let band managers know performers wouldn't be allowed to drink alcohol out of bottles on stage.

Collins said GUNS N' ROSES' management objected.

GUNS N' ROSES canceled its performance at the civic center at 5:30 p.m. Monday, 2 1/2 hours before the show was scheduled to begin.

The decision angered fans, many of whom blamed the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, who has called off shows before.

Collins and another fire marshal, Robert Cadigan, "made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve," according to a press release from the band's management agency.

The statement implies the two attempted to subject GUNS N' ROSES to rules that were not applied to CLAY AIKEN and GREEN DAY, two acts that have recently performed at the civic center. The management agency did not identify a specific rule it thought was unfair.

Collins said he believed a prior dispute over the band's pyrotechnics show had been settled and the alcohol restrictions were the main issue before the show.

He said GREEN DAY agreed to the alcohol rule and CLAY AIKEN did not have a pyrotechnics show, so fire marshals weren't needed at his performance.

It is illegal for entertainers to drink alcohol while they work in Maine, Collins said. The fine for violating the rule is $250, he said.

Collins said fire marshals, who would report alcohol violations at a concert, haven't had issues with bands objecting to the law in the past.

He said he tried to convince the band's management during a midafternoon meeting Monday to have the musicians limit their alcohol consumption to backstage. He said the band's managers balked at the idea.

Rose was not in Portland for the discussions between inspectors and the band's managers, Collins said. He travels by plane while on tour and wasn't scheduled to arrive in Portland until Monday night, civic center General Manager Steve Crane said during an interview a little more than an hour after the cancellation.

Edited by mahimahi

I'm Rick James Bitch

Hahaha thanks Id never seeen that. However it justs proves Axl is a fucking little diva and just creates bad things whereever he goes and its 100% his own fault. I mean the guy took a PICTURE. He wasnt carrying a knife or a gun - he was carrying a camera because Axl doesnt want the 'little guy' to make any money off him.

Jesus so a fire marshall (whose main job is to put out fires not install regulations for concerts) and that security guy at At ST Louis both have it in for Axl Rose even though they are completely different people from completely different towns. WHo else has it in for him? Steph Seymour? Erin Everly? Duff Mckagan? Slash? Buckethead? Oooh and all us internet losers are just completely out to ruin Axl and make his life a living hell. Nothing is ever the mans fault. :rolleyes:

And btw maybe Axl doesnt treat these guys with any respect. Maybe he just tells em what to to do like he did that security guy at St Louis. If I had of been that guy and Axl had spoken to me like that - like a nazi I would of gone and told him to learn his P's and Q's. Or go fuck a tree and die. :kiss:

I didn't even read your breakdown of my last post, but I'm flattered you wasted probably a good hour of your day working on that.

Word count from my reply to you: 347.

Word count from your response quoted above: 523.

Ah, but I see, you "don't care" what I - or anyone else - thinks of you, and you didn't even read my response. I mean, that's so obvious, evidenced by your aggressive and nasty reply to me that was almost 200 words longer than my own. Don't worry, you've only reinforced everything I wrote about you: your immaturity, your intolerance of other viewpoints, your egotism, your obsessiveness, your bull-headed-ness.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I spent - last time I checked - from 6:23 to 6:32 p.m. writing that reply to you. I know this because I went out tonight to "reconnect with reality" and was checking my watch during that time since I had to be out the door by a quarter 'till. So while I'm sure you've flattered yourself enough already by pretending 347 words written towards you would take over an hour to write, I assure you, they don't, and they didn't.

If you want a good civilized discussion, I suggest you head on over to the CNN blogger or something...

Anyone who cannot practice civilized debate anywhere, at any time, is a fool. A fool incapable of respecting others' opinions and a fool who is probably going to end up very afraid and alone one day, when you look around and realize you've alienated all the people you've ever come into contact with.

If you spend your free time coming here to berate people - and, judging by your post history, you have a habit of it and little else - and then you freely admit that you take pride in not reading the replies people write to you, what have you accomplished? Nothing. You've just made an idiot out of yourself and revealed for the entire forum how much of an arrogant, ignorant jerk you are.

Civil debate is not limited to "CNN blogger." It's universal. And it should definitely be practiced on an Internet message board. Just because YOU think otherwise doesn't make it so. But then again, all this has been about from the very beginning is your inflated ego, and it seems that has yet to change.

...I followed your act of "Mr. Smart Nice Guy"

This is not an act. I give people the respect to read what they write and acknowledge their opinions. The fact that you would consider it an "Act" says a lot about you.

But then one day after working on a post like that breakdown of my post you did, I realized, what the fuck am I doing?! This is the internet... a fan forum for a vulger, disgusting yet talented band that has written songs about degrading women and insulting an entire race using the word 'n*****r'. Ironic how you would follow such an act given your high moral standards and easily offended ego...

Oh, I see. So because the band has some vulgar songs, that gives us - as Internet users and listeners representing the band's fanbase - the right to harass people, call them names, be intolerant towards others' views, and generally act like pompous, arrogant, ignorant douchebags?

GN'R has not insulted an "entire race." If you didn't understand the point behind that song, it's your fault.

You're the type of person who misinterpreted the lyrics in 1988 and caused Axl to decide never to play it again.

Please, if your brain is small and you can't grasp things such as this, don't use it as an excuse to flaunt your filthy insults all over a forum. Just because Axl Rose used a derogatory racial slur in a song once doesn't mean he's an intolerant bigot like you.

You're a very sad man, and if you do indeed have any children I feel deeply sorry for them and the type of influence their father is going to inevitably have on them.

One day you're going to find that everyone you knew has left you. You're going to be a very lonely old man - a prejudiced, racist, sexist, homophobic, bitter old man.

Before you start telling people to reconnect to reality perhaps you'd better spend some time working on your own perceptions.

I didn't even read your breakdown of my last post, but I'm flattered you wasted probably a good hour of your day working on that.

Ah, but I see, you "don't care" what I - or anyone else - thinks of you, and you didn't even read my response. I mean, that's so obvious, evidenced by your aggressive and nasty reply to me that was almost 200 words longer than my own. Don't worry, you've only reinforced everything I wrote about you: your immaturity, your intolerance of other viewpoints, your egotism, your obsessiveness, your bull-headed-ness.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I spent - last time I checked - from 6:23 to 6:32 p.m. writing that reply to you. I know this because I went out tonight to "reconnect with reality" and was checking my watch during that time since I had to be out the door by a quarter 'till. So while I'm sure you've flattered yourself enough already by pretending 347 words written towards you would take over an hour to write, I assure you, they don't, and they didn't.

If you want a good civilized discussion, I suggest you head on over to the CNN blogger or something...

Anyone who cannot practice civilized debate anywhere, at any time, is a fool. A fool incapable of respecting others' opinions and a fool who is probably going to end up very afraid and alone one day, when you look around and realize you've alienated all the people you've ever come into contact with.

If you spend your free time coming here to berate people - and, judging by your post history, you have a habit of it and little else - and then you freely admit that you take pride in not reading the replies people write to you, what have you accomplished? Nothing. You've just made an idiot out of yourself and revealed for the entire forum how much of an arrogant, ignorant jerk you are.

Civil debate is not limited to "CNN blogger." It's universal. And it should definitely be practiced on an Internet message board. Just because YOU think otherwise doesn't make it so. But then again, all this has been about from the very beginning is your inflated ego, and it seems that has yet to change.

This is not an act. I give people the respect to read what they write and acknowledge their opinions. The fact that you would consider it an "Act" says a lot about you.

But then one day after working on a post like that breakdown of my post you did, I realized, what the fuck am I doing?! This is the internet... a fan forum for a vulger, disgusting yet talented band that has written songs about degrading women and insulting an entire race using the word 'n*****r'. Ironic how you would follow such an act given your high moral standards and easily offended ego...

Oh, I see. So because the band has some vulgar songs, that gives us - as Internet users and listeners representing the band's fanbase - the right to harass people, call them names, be intolerant towards others' views, and generally act like pompous, arrogant, ignorant douchebags?

GN'R has not insulted an "entire race." If you didn't understand the point behind that song, it's your fault.

You're the type of person who misinterpreted the lyrics in 1988 and caused Axl to decide never to play it again.

Please, if your brain is small and you can't grasp things such as this, don't use it as an excuse to flaunt your filthy insults all over a forum. Just because Axl Rose used a derogatory racial slur in a song once doesn't mean he's an intolerant bigot like you.

You're a very sad man, and if you do indeed have any children I feel deeply sorry for them and the type of influence their father is going to inevitably have on them.

One day you're going to find that everyone you knew has left you. You're going to be a very lonely old man - a prejudiced, racist, sexist, homophobic, bitter old man.

Before you start telling people to reconnect to reality perhaps you'd better spend some time working on your own perceptions.

matty throw in the towle mate, this dudes got your number, he's handing you a verbal pasting, and i just agree with people if they make a good point, even if it was against my original belief, i don't let pride get in my way of just ignoring a good point!, you call it a bandwagon? you can call it whatever you want, it won't change how i operate.

We really don´t need sexist comments on the forum, man. If you can´t make a point without such language maybe it´s better to just stay out of the threads. It´s 2006, we should´ve learned a thing or two about stuff like that by now....

Edited by Lukinx

This whole thread is sad, very saaad thing :(

So they think we are GNR enemy ... nice... So they think we are "users of evil anti-GNR internet" ... nice... So they think only happy, shiny people are "true" GNR fans (with often answers like:"Omg you Rox! GNR is da best band in the solar system! I wanna live in AXL's Chinese Democrazy[with Jarmo as Minister of Information]. Pls make some action figures - Merck:"Give me your money and then go fuk yourself, sorry dude GNR is only about money n lies no place for criticism :rofl-lol: ." ... nice ... So they think we are only "something with money, money for them"... nice... So they think they can manipulate with us like with some idiots ... nice ... I am idiot ... nice ...

Oh man, and i used to be proud GNR fan :( This statement is like kick right in your face, ok.

THX GNR staff, really worth of wasting 12 years.. I cant wait to buy your "new" album -> cause GNR is so fan-friendly band ;) .

:fuckyou:

Edited by Weget

Well, the show is obviously old news and you can't take back the past so I'm over it. What I don't like is how Merck (why is this guy always trying to be in the spotlight? Let Axl or another band member speak up more) pretty much gives the seal of approval to a website that caters to the PR side of GNR. I know may of you have already pointed this out but it just bothers me. It feels like if one even wanted to try to make another GNR fansite, don't bother because HTGTH is the best in their eyes. I didn't get real offended by what Del James had to say either. After watching how slowly that guy's mind works in that interview for the 'Making of Estranged" video, you can tell he's not the brightest in the world and probably had to have a grownup help him write the article. All I REALLY care about is the release of the album and not all the chick drama the band throws at the fans who want to be treated with respect

... . What I don't like is how Merck (why is this guy always trying to be in the spotlight? Let Axl or another band member speak up more) pretty much gives the seal of approval to a website that caters to the PR side of GNR. I know may of you have already pointed this out but it just bothers me. It feels like if one even wanted to try to make another GNR fansite, don't bother because HTGTH is the best in their eyes...

There's room for all GNR forum sites. I think this just illustrates the differences in the sites, which is good for fans to know.

If Merck is financing the other site, then it's understandable he'd want to run it in a way that's always positive for the band. Our site happens to believe in freedom of speech - within forum rules and guidelines - which is simply a different approach. By allowing fans to offer both positive and negative comments on uncensored news events and articles, I think our site offers a more accurate reflection of what fans think about the music, concerts and other events. jmo.

All sites are different. The key is to respect the rules of the site that you choose to post at.

... . What I don't like is how Merck (why is this guy always trying to be in the spotlight? Let Axl or another band member speak up more) pretty much gives the seal of approval to a website that caters to the PR side of GNR. I know may of you have already pointed this out but it just bothers me. It feels like if one even wanted to try to make another GNR fansite, don't bother because HTGTH is the best in their eyes...

There's room for all GNR forum sites. I think this just illustrates the differences in the sites, which is good for fans to know.

Our site happens to believe in freedom of speech - within forum rules and guidelines - which is simply a different approach. By allowing fans to offer both positive and negative comments on uncensored news events and articles, I think our site offers a more accurate reflection of what fans think about the music, concerts and other events. jmo.

As I posted yesterday...to reiterate,

I'd rather hang at the back of the class with the cool people than sit up front polishing apples.

:shades:

By allowing fans to offer both positive and negative comments on uncensored news events and articles, I think our site offers a more accurate reflection of what fans think about the music, concerts and other events.

No truer words have ever been spoken. HTGTH is now pretty useless for real honest discussion. It has its purpose. It has a good news section I guess. But it is just way too damn censored over there.

Even though I don't post much, Madison we all appreciate having a place to come and discuss openly things related to GNR.

Thanks.

If Merck is financing the other site, then it's understandable he'd want to run it in a way that's always positive for the band. Our site happens to believe in freedom of speech - within forum rules and guidelines - which is simply a different approach. By allowing fans to offer both positive and negative comments on uncensored news events and articles, I think our site offers a more accurate reflection of what fans think about the music, concerts and other events. jmo.

All sites are different. The key is to respect the rules of the site that you choose to post at.

Always democratic....

Jesus! Thanks for proving my point... once again, I didn't even read any of that garbage except for where you start with: "You're a very sad man...". It doesn't interest me and I don't have the time anyway to entertain you're entire novel there... the second one I might add. It's words on a computer screen, man. I will say this though, you think you're a psychological genious know-it-all?! Gimme a break. Again... you're a dime a dozen on a GUNS N' ROSES discussion board. Take a number. What's sadder is perhaps you should take your advice there about perceptions... it's pretty pathetic that it was that easy for my comments go get under you skin to waste another hour, maybe two hours of your day, on your lovely post. Congratulations, you're on your way to turning the internet into your forum of reality because apparently, you must get shit on in real life! That's okay man, there's a lot of sorry folks like you around here and frankly, it's entertaining to see you thump your chest trying to out-wit the next guy on a GUNS N' ROSES FAN FORUM... :rofl-lol:

So, trust me Dr. Phil, I really don't care what you have to say about how I go about my business around here. Keep in mind, I never singled anybody out with my original comments either. I also never attacked or questioned your integrity as a family man or human being. That's a pretty low blow and truly, truly a pathetic way of judging somebody that YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ON AN INTERNET FAN FORUM. I won't even stoop to that level. So today's lesson: words on a screen are just that, words. If you're trying to build some kind of alter-ego here, congratulations, you're well on your pathetic way!

So if you don't like my opinions about the original subject, I suggest you keep your fingers off the keyboard. You and others jumping on your bandwagon (who aren't intelligent enough to respond themselves so they give you a pat on the back... more pathetic even than what you're doing) are telling me what I can and can't do? What I can and can't say? Then you have the audacity to judge me as a human being? On an INTERNET FAN FORUM for a rock band?

How does all of this relate to the happenings in this thread? AREN'T YOU PEOPLE DOING THE SAME THING TO AXL AND MERCK, 24/7? And then you wonder why they try to defend themselves a bit, only for it to happen all over again?! It's like fuel on a fire. Most of you clowns, and you know who you are, just don't get it (I'd like to take this time to give a shout out to my friends on the forum... what up?!?!). Quite frankly, you never will. You'll continue to over analyze and come to preposterous conclusions about things and continue to insult and repremand grown men in the music business... on the internet for Christs' sake.

I must admit, some of you must be striking a nerve with Axl and Merck for them to comment on the negativity. But then again, maybe they're doing it for the same reason I'm even responding... for shits-and-giggles.

Common. Very common many of you are indeed :rolleyes:

I get nothing but entertainment value out of this and reading how some people get so fired up over nothing... over a computer screen. Some of you seem to live and breathe the internet, particularly this place. Hey ER, you wanna talk about reality? Sounds like you have some kids... and I would never attack your integrity as a parent as you seemingly stooped to the level of... but I think you should re-analyze what the fuck you're doing here and get your priorities straight... being a family man and all.

Step away from the computer and reconnect with the real world.

PS- Aussie, I'm afraid you've fallen into the hands of the dark side. Call off the search party everybody, we've lost 'em.

Jesus! Thanks for proving my point... once again, I didn't even read any of that garbage except for where you start with: "You're a very sad man...". It doesn't interest me and I don't have the time anyway to entertain you're entire novel there... the second one I might add. It's words on a computer screen, man. I will say this though, you think you're a psychological genious know-it-all?! Gimme a break. Again... you're a dime a dozen on a GUNS N' ROSES discussion board. Take a number. What's sadder is perhaps you should take your advice there about perceptions... it's pretty pathetic that it was that easy for my comments go get under you skin to waste another hour, maybe two hours of your day, on your lovely post. Congratulations, you're on your way to turning the internet into your forum of reality because apparently, you must get shit on in real life! That's okay man, there's a lot of sorry folks like you around here and frankly, it's entertaining to see you thump your chest trying to out-wit the next guy on a GUNS N' ROSES FAN FORUM... :rofl-lol:

So, trust me Dr. Phil, I really don't care what you have to say about how I go about my business around here. Keep in mind, I never singled anybody out with my original comments either. I also never attacked or questioned your integrity as a family man or human being. That's a pretty low blow and truly, truly a pathetic way of judging somebody that YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ON AN INTERNET FAN FORUM. I won't even stoop to that level. So today's lesson: words on a screen are just that, words. If you're trying to build some kind of alter-ego here, congratulations, you're well on your pathetic way!

So if you don't like my opinions about the original subject, I suggest you keep your fingers off the keyboard. You and others jumping on your bandwagon (who aren't intelligent enough to respond themselves so they give you a pat on the back... more pathetic even than what you're doing) are telling me what I can and can't do? What I can and can't say? Then you have the audacity to judge me as a human being? On an INTERNET FAN FORUM for a rock band?

How does all of this relate to the happenings in this thread? AREN'T YOU PEOPLE DOING THE SAME THING TO AXL AND MERCK, 24/7? And then you wonder why they try to defend themselves a bit, only for it to happen all over again?! It's like fuel on a fire. Most of you clowns, and you know who you are, just don't get it (I'd like to take this time to give a shout out to my friends on the forum... what up?!?!). Quite frankly, you never will. You'll continue to over analyze and come to preposterous conclusions about things and continue to insult and repremand grown men in the music business... on the internet for Christs' sake.

I must admit, some of you must be striking a nerve with Axl and Merck for them to comment on the negativity. But then again, maybe they're doing it for the same reason I'm even responding... for shits-and-giggles.

Common. Very common many of you are indeed :rolleyes:

I get nothing but entertainment value out of this and reading how some people get so fired up over nothing... over a computer screen. Some of you seem to live and breathe the internet, particularly this place. Hey ER, you wanna talk about reality? Sounds like you have some kids... and I would never attack your integrity as a parent as you seemingly stooped to the level of... but I think you should re-analyze what the fuck you're doing here and get your priorities straight... being a family man and all.

Step away from the computer and reconnect with the real world.

PS- Aussie, I'm afraid you've fallen into the hands of the dark side. Call off the search party everybody, we've lost 'em.

No one "judged" you. No one implied you were a terrible human being. I said your behavior is alienating, immature and will one day render you very lonely. It's fair to make this observation when your posts from the onset have been filled with hatred against those with opposing viewpoints. When you call people names and label people "gay" (as you did to me) or tell them to "lift" their "skirts up" you can't turn the tables and try to act as if you're just minding your own business and don't deserve someone to criticize you in return.

But I'm so glad you have said that you didn't read anything I wrote, because then it at least explains why every single thing YOU just wrote was erroneous (not to mention a repetition of everything I countered in my previous reply, and have already proven to be false).

I'm also glad you claim that you don't take me seriously and nothing I write bothers you. I guess that's why your last reply to me was, once again, almost twice as long as what I wrote to you. That makes sense. I can see that you're "above" me and that nothing I say gets past your feeble little mind. I'm glad that this is so, because now I don't have to waste any more time dealing with you since you've admitted to the entire forum that you (a) don't care what I think, (B) didn't read anything I wrote and © will continue repeating lies and insults that I've already addressed.

Tell me, why do you spend time on a discussion board if everything with you is a one-sided discussion? Next time, instead of logging in, maybe you should just look in the mirror and talk to yourself, because I'm sure you'll get equal kicks that way.

And if - as you say - your replies to me are only for "shits-n'-giggles," then I really suggest you seek counselling to help find a reason as to why you find taunting people with crude generalizations and insults to be so enjoyable.

This isn't a thread for insults. I've said what needs to be said on the Merck/Axl matter and you're trying to turn this into a personal debate with nasty name-calling and gay-bashing and ego inflation. If you want to continue berating me for false reasons that I've already countered in a reply you claim not to have read, then please, by all means, send me a Private Message. But since I know you've read all my replies to you, and since I know it's driving you crazy, and since I know your big head will not let you resist spewing off another string of nasty adjectives towards me, I'm sure you'll respond to this yet again with your crass labels and arrogant self-superiority. In the mean time, please, I encourage you to grow up and - dare I say - reconnect to reality, as you keep telling everyone else to do. If you truly believe that civil debate is only reserved for outlets such as "CNN blogger," then it's no wonder why the rest of the world thinks so poorly of America right now. There are so many great, intelligent Americans, but unfortunately the outspoken kids like you are always the ones who end up being representative of us.

And before you feel the need to reply to this, please actually read my last response, since many of your questions (err, false assumptions stated as fact) were already addressed and proven to be false.

Please learn how to respect people on a message board. If you can't do that then you probably won't ever be able to do it in the real world, either.

Note: This response took me 19 minutes to write. That's 19 minutes of my life I spent acknowledging you and respecting you enough to actually reply. Before you start bashing people for taking time out of their life to respond to you, maybe you'd better start understanding that they're doing so BECAUSE of you. Would you rather have people take time from their life to respond to you, or would you rather they ignore you? Because if you keep up this behavior, soon no one will even be reading your posts.

Edited by Estranged Reality