Message from Merck and Axl

thelostrose

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading Merk's comments I wanted to have frozen watermelons cannon shot into my crotch! The man is just an excuse machine.

That statement right there almost had me pissing my pants! :rofl-lol:

An excuse machine....God, I have to remember that one! :rofl-lol:

Anyway, yeah, I agree with you. I'm tired of all the rants, riddles, and endless mind games. Release the album or go away.

Releasing the album will erase your endless slate of bullshit and deception....just a tip for ya.

That's why Gn'R management put two faces on it, Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan

Can YOU read between the lines?

1. The show in Portland was cancelled last night because the fire marshall made it impossible for us to believe we could do our show without putting at risk the safety of the fans and the band. They made it clear that they intended to harrass our fans, crew and the band through enforcing rules and regulations that are 200 years old to an extent that has not been applied to other artists and that we believed would make the gig a potential time bomb that would explode. Our Production Manager Chris Gratton is a seasoned pro who has worked with everyone from Korn to R Kelley and has terrific relationships with Fire Marshalls and authorities all over the world. This is the first time he has ever come to us and said this is a dangerous situation and these people intend to use their authority in a negative way against our fans, our band and our crew and I need you to do something about it.

edit----- i forgot this part too

(Axl) There are reasons that I have not spoken more about Montreal and Philadelphia that have been extremely complicated and are not legally resolved behind the scenes to this day and could have possibly jeopardized the future of Guns N' Roses.

We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album.

The professionals around me felt that Portland was a potentially explosive situation that could have had a somewhat similar result based on the behaviour of the two aforementioned fire marshals (it's not my 1st barbeque!) had the fans been given entry to the building and the show started.

Edited by OnTheNightTrain

they still didn't mention you, too bad Kaneda, i'm sure you will try again tomorrow.

That's the same thing I was thinking after reading that bullshit topic of his. Maybe he was turned down by Axl for NewGNR, and tries to get recognition in this negativ desperate way. Who knows? Oh well, I don't care. Please shoot the motherfucker!

I've read that statement several times now.

Does someone want to explain WHY the show was cancelled??? :huh:

So it wasn't about pyros or ticket sales, yeah, fine. So what was it. What exactly could have put the safety of the band and the fans at risk? 200 year old rules and regulations..... has the venue been around that long? :drevil: Seriously talk about trying to give an explanation without explaining anything.

Seems to me the main focus of the statement was not to "try" to explain why a show was cancelled and to leave 3,000 angry and disappointed fans holding tickets to a cancelled gig, but to, for whatever reason, praise Jarmo and his moderating abilities. Merck sounds like a proud papa. Couldn't he just have sent Jarmo a pm telling him what a good job he's doing with his site?

We don´t need to know EXACTLY what the reasons were in detail. We know the essential parts. If we beleve them. And why shouldn´t we? They had obviously no other reasons to stop this show other then the LIES based on pure speculations that were floating on this board.(and no, I don´t have an account at the Jarmo´s) I don´t think so... :confused:

ANYWAY

This was told:

"They made it clear that they intended to harrass our fans, crew and the band through enforcing rules and regulations that are 200 years old to an extent that has not been applied to other artists and that we believed would make the gig a potential time bomb that would explode. Our Production Manager Chris Gratton is a seasoned pro who has worked with everyone from Korn to R Kelley and has terrific relationships with Fire Marshalls and authorities all over the world. This is the first time he has ever come to us and said this is a dangerous situation and these people intend to use their authority in a negative way against our fans, our band and our crew and I need you to do something about it."

I can give you an example. It´s floating a river through my town. 200 years ago some russians came here in some hostility purpouse. At that time this town was only a village. Some of the people here fooled the russians down a waterfall so they died. Those days people here cuoldn´t keep all of the fish they catched. When it comes to salmon they had to give it all to the royal court. But after that incident our queen ATM rewarded our village and gave us the right to keep it all. Today citizen of this town could easely use that "bless" the queen gave us, and use that right so that citizens in just our, an no other town the river floating through, could have the right to catch those fishes. Just our.

I guess if merck would have gave us a "full explenation" it would have looked something similar to mine :rolleyes:

Still want that? I think it´s just redicilous what u are asking for. I´ve seen your posts and now, again, u trying to start false rumours and bullshit talk. Appearently U want so much to prove they are talking bullshit, and if they don´t u try to twist and pull at things that doesn´t really matter. Please. Don´t.

Let´s say the show would have been a disaster. U would be the first to start false bullshitspeculations and indirectly start false "facts" and rumours. So simply, there are always things people here can bash about.

Just don´t take so much fucking space :fuckyou:

"The show in Portland was cancelled last night because the fire marshall made it impossible for us to believe we could do our show without putting at risk the safety of the fans and the band".

Just don't fit, marshall putting fans at risk?

"The cancellation had nothing to do with pyro or ticket sales. Putting our fans, band and crew first cost $200,000 last night so we did not make the decision without great thought and care and it was made in consultation with our agents and our promoter both of whom lost money as a result and both of whom supported our decision 100% as they too could see that the authorities were more than overzealous in their approach".

If your going to make claims you should make them, not vague get out of jail comments.If for " legal reasons " you can't say then don't mention it!

"For all of you to be speculating without any knowledge or credible information that the responsibility for this is Axl's or the band's is nonsense."

We specualte because the band or Axl or you has kept us in the dark for fucking years!

"I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you."

Thats because you are, and whats worse is you don't get whats wrong with it.

"If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into

something ugly".

So removing posts about an advert that is online due to your cock up is fair?

"Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit. No one else in the online community has it. He has credible information for you directly from the source. We are not looking for any negative favours. It is not how the band has ever operated. It is not how Axl operates and it is not how I operate."

What a fucking joke :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: , censoring the fans that pay the bills.

"Most bands do not go to Portland, Maine because it is what the music business calls a "soft market" but we had a lot of letters from fans in the area and we were determined to play there regardless of whether it was "only" 3500 people."

Lucky fans they are that they have such easy interaction with you and your magical fan contact :rofl-lol:

"We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album".

Makes a fucking change, new album?, what album would that be since we are never told of its progress?

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

I don´t think we had so many "newbies" on this forum before and expressing themselves with such harsh words. OMG!? Is HTGTH emtpy? :rolleyes:

Nah, people have opinions....It's more pathetic to treat the band like Perfect Gods.

As for me, in case I was included in that list, I was on here before as Midnight Gunner but sometimes when I logged in, it said the menu was disabled...and I know I wasn't banned. So, I made this name a while back, and it still does the same thign every now and then, but at least I can post. lol

I actually always preferred this place because at least Madison doesn't kiss ass or ban you because you have an opinion.

"The show in Portland was cancelled last night because the fire marshall made it impossible for us to believe we could do our show without putting at risk the safety of the fans and the band".

Just don't fit, marshall putting fans at risk?

"The cancellation had nothing to do with pyro or ticket sales. Putting our fans, band and crew first cost $200,000 last night so we did not make the decision without great thought and care and it was made in consultation with our agents and our promoter both of whom lost money as a result and both of whom supported our decision 100% as they too could see that the authorities were more than overzealous in their approach".

If your going to make claims you should make them, not vague get out of jail comments.If for " legal reasons " you can't say then don't mention it!

"For all of you to be speculating without any knowledge or credible information that the responsibility for this is Axl's or the band's is nonsense."

We specualte because the band or Axl or you has kept us in the dark for fucking years!

"I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you."

Thats because you are, and whats worse is you don't get whats wrong with it.

"If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into

something ugly".

So removing posts about an advert that is online due to your cock up is fair?

"Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit. No one else in the online community has it. He has credible information for you directly from the source. We are not looking for any negative favours. It is not how the band has ever operated. It is not how Axl operates and it is not how I operate."

What a fucking joke :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: , censoring the fans that pay the bills.

"Most bands do not go to Portland, Maine because it is what the music business calls a "soft market" but we had a lot of letters from fans in the area and we were determined to play there regardless of whether it was "only" 3500 people."

Lucky fans they are that they have such easy interaction with you and your magical fan contact :rofl-lol:

"We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album".

Makes a fucking change, new album?, what album would that be since we are never told of its progress?

You hit the nail on the head, my friend.

For the record, I was at the Philly no-show, I was at opening night at Hammerstein, and I will be at MSG. So Merck can go fuck himself with his repeated accusations flung towards message board geeks that don't go to shows. And more and more I'm thinking fuck Axl too. I've been a devoted fan for almost twenty years and I and fans like me have a right to bitch about the shit ass treatment we have gotten over the years. This whole bullshit "we did it cause we care so much for the fans" excuse is transparent to the point that it would be laughable if it wasn't so infuriating. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm seriously considering pirating CD if it ever comes out rather than give one more penny of my money to these fucking narcissists. And if I'm saying this, you can bet that there are thousands of other "real fans" who are thinking the same things.

rock3

this has been posted before... and what does it have to do with a riot? :huh:

"The professionals around me felt that Portland was a potentially explosive situation that could have had a somewhat similar result "

that's what...they thought it might turn into a riot for some unknown reason...or maybe the two fire marshals were going to start a riot?

I got where Axl makes reference to a possible riot...but I don't know why..

Edited by 3rd Wheel

You know... still haven't seen SAW III yet... I really should get off my arse and go see it!

I saw it last Friday! Highly overrated, nothing in it that actually made me ill.. was quite disappointed actually!

KK x

really?...drag!...guess I'll wait and rent it

For the record, I was at the Philly no-show, I was at opening night at Hammerstein, and I will be at MSG. So Merck can go fuck himself with his repeated accusations flung towards message board geeks that don't go to shows. And more and more I'm thinking fuck Axl too. I've been a devoted fan for almost twenty years and I and fans like me have a right to bitch about the shit ass treatment we have gotten over the years. This whole bullshit "we did it cause we care so much for the fans" excuse is transparent to the point that it would be laughable if it wasn't so infuriating. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm seriously considering pirating CD if it ever comes out rather than give one more penny of my money to these fucking narcissists. And if I'm saying this, you can bet that there are thousands of other "real fans" who are thinking the same things.

:scared: scary cause he's right...I feel the exact same way