Message from Merck and Axl

thelostrose

This place is for douchebags, HTGTH for the win. Pwnd.

Seriously... who cares if the band thinks this site is sub-par, really?

So what HTGTH is the bands choice in websites, wasn't that pretty obvious anyway. You guys have neon green & yellow banners and you are virtually un-moderated. What band would want to be associated with this site?

Yes I am trolling/joking. The point is this is a forum, not a popularity contest.

Talk about not reading the thread. I don´t think alot of people have a problem with GN´R chosing HTGTH over MYGNR or any other forum. We all get the info eventually anyway, so who cares if MYGNR gets it 2 minutes later than HTGTH? The problem is how HTGTH is run and that the users who don´t break any rules get their threads locked or removed on orders from Merck or someone else. As I stated before, there are rules you look over before signing up to a forum, but on HTGTH there are rules coming from above that no one signed up for. The members create a forum, not the mods and not the band. Without members, no forum. Simple as that. Trying to cencor people and calling them names for speaking their mind is just childish and will never work. So it´s not GN´R chosing one forum over another that is the issue, ok? HTGTH is a sinking ship.

HTGTH gives you an opportuniy to interact with the band and it's management. It isn't a sinking ship. People here don't want to switch and lose thier post count, they rip HTGTH all the time and at this point would feel dumb switching sites. They also get away with flaming here, that's my point. I would have been warned by now for my last post on HTGTH and rightfully so, here... nothing. There is nothing here to keep it constructive and on topic. HTGTH has half the people cause the flamers and trollers get banned and come here to talk shit.

no dude, go back to communist HTGTH and live a happy censored life!, people speak there mind here, just because it doesn't match up with gnr's way of thinking doesn't make it wrong, go home you homefuck :xmasssanta: !.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is for douchebags, HTGTH for the win. Pwnd.

Seriously... who cares if the band thinks this site is sub-par, really?

So what HTGTH is the bands choice in websites, wasn't that pretty obvious anyway. You guys have neon green & yellow banners and you are virtually un-moderated. What band would want to be associated with this site?

Yes I am trolling/joking. The point is this is a forum, not a popularity contest.

Talk about not reading the thread. I don´t think alot of people have a problem with GN´R chosing HTGTH over MYGNR or any other forum. We all get the info eventually anyway, so who cares if MYGNR gets it 2 minutes later than HTGTH? The problem is how HTGTH is run and that the users who don´t break any rules get their threads locked or removed on orders from Merck or someone else. As I stated before, there are rules you look over before signing up to a forum, but on HTGTH there are rules coming from above that no one signed up for. The members create a forum, not the mods and not the band. Without members, no forum. Simple as that. Trying to cencor people and calling them names for speaking their mind is just childish and will never work. So it´s not GN´R chosing one forum over another that is the issue, ok? HTGTH is a sinking ship.

HTGTH gives you an opportuniy to interact with the band and it's management. It isn't a sinking ship. People here don't want to switch and lose thier post count, they rip HTGTH all the time and at this point would feel dumb switching sites. They also get away with flaming here, that's my point. I would have been warned by now for my last post on HTGTH and rightfully so, here... nothing. There is nothing here to keep it constructive and on topic. HTGTH has half the people cause the flamers and trollers get banned and come here to talk shit.

This thread is on topic and why should you be warned for saying a forum is better than another? It´s your opinion and other people may think other things but to be warned for saying that is just plain stupidity. And for the interacting with the band part, it´s more like the band is commanding stuff and you all nod your heads and translate it as it´s their way of showing you love and respect. Thats not interacting you know, it´s more very much like a slave mentality.

I´d rather be on a forum which tolerates different opinions and that is about the users and for the users of the forum in the first place.

Edited by Lukinx

Wow.

I have a question.

Why doesn't Axl write the statements GNR release!! B)

Well, nice statement which I believe is accurate - now step back and let the retards in :)

I agree with you Axl should write them! :)

I think it's cool that they make the effort to respond to forum critiques. I also think it's fair that they yank B.S. off the forums. Axl & Co. don't have to pay any attention to these sites if they don't want to . . .

. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly. When GN'R gets on stage every night for two and a half hours it is a positive force. The thousands of fans who are there every night lose themselves and have a great time. That is what rock n' roll is all about but unfortunately the 300 of you that aren't even at the gigs spread a negativity that does not reflect the reality at all as evidenced by the original thread on the Meadowlands show. We were there. We saw 11,000 fans having a great time. We had a great time. For the people in the room it was a great night but it wasn't to be for those of you at home sitting around your computers.

Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit. No one else in the online community has it. He has credible information for you directly from the source. We are not looking for any negative favours. It is not how the band has ever operated. It is not how Axl operates and it is not how I operate.

what a bullshit.

so they are basically saying, dont criticise us

They say that some spread lies based on speculations, and they want to prevent that.

This statement! rock3

statement didnt say much did it just covering their arses really, well if the band reads these messages and dont like the negativity there is one thing they can do about it give the fans some fucking info on the album cause thats why we all really check these boards right.

Start showing the fans some fucking respect cause were the ones that put the cash in your pockets, i been to a few shows, and bought the back catalogue more than once in different forms, so if it wasnt for us fans buying the music you wouldnt be where you are.

im a negative cunt when it comes to this band, im a big fan of the old band cause like a lot of folk i grew up on them, but im curious to see what this album will be like and just sick of all the BULLSHIT surrounding it, come on to fuck gnr you want more positive stuff about the band, then the easiest thing to do is give us some fucking info on the album instead of behind dicks about it.

Come on you are a rock band arent you? well do what bands do and release the fucking music or go away and stop bitching about negative comments on these forums.

And htgth is a great big pile of shite think ill go sign up and insulot this jarmo for being the biggest brown nosing cocksucking arse rimmer of them all

Rock on my gnr best fucking forum on the net.

well its better than silence :)

HTGTH is good but i find it hard to get used to and navigate, the constant bitching is making both forums look bad ;)

funny he didn't comment on any of the release date bashing

and the harely davidson add directly :rolleyes:

Edited by vicious

Wow.

I have a question.

Why doesn't Axl write the statements GNR release!! B)

Well, nice statement which I believe is accurate - now step back and let the retards in :)

We have retards mentally challenged people on the forum? :unsure:

Oh it's ok to use the term "retards" - I checked it out with both the Fire Marshalls and the PC police -_-

Haha.

I am glad they spoke out about the incidents but I disagree with Merck's justifications of censorship based on the idea that people are "spreading lies." Um, yeah. Discussing the Harley-Davidson ad was all lies, I tell ya! The fact is that censorship is bad, period. If you can't handle people talking about rumors then maybe you shouldn't be so secretive. It's going to have people talking when you're nearing the middle of the last month of the year with nothing announced. I mean, what does he expect, everyone on HTGTH to sit there saying, "Boy, last night's show was great! I sure do love Mr. Brownstone! SCOM kicks ass!" We're not in 1989 anymore...

And Axl's my hero but sometimes he needs to lay off the dictionary when he issues statements. Draconian fire marshalls, eh? :)

Oh well, though - at least they explained why it was canceled.

lololol

And htgth is a great big pile of shite think ill go sign up and insulot this jarmo for being the biggest brown nosing cocksucking arse rimmer of them all

Rock on my gnr best fucking forum on the net.

LOL

and JMC lies lies ! all lies@!

I fuckin read a very large thread and i still dont know why they cancelled.

It wasnt the pyro. It wasnt the ticket sales? so what the hell happened?

3000 people isnt THAT hard to control...IMO

At least we now know that jarmo is Mercks bitch. Good reading.

well its better than silence :)

HTGTH is good but i find it hard to get used to and navigate, the constant bitching is making both forums look bad ;)

funny he didn't comment on any of the release date bashing

and the harely davidson add directly :rolleyes:

I feel the same about HTGTH forum, it is not as nice on the eyes when you are staring at it hours on end. I like the Neon here. I am a product of the 80's though, could explain why i am here in the first place.

I think it is awesome that they decided to give another "press release" to the die hards who frequent any of the forums. So they picked HTGTH, who cares, it isn't like it didn't get here in a nano-second.

Sounds like they didn't want to compramise the qualitly of the show by reducing the effects and the fire marshalls were going to be interfering constantly throughout the show. Which (imo) would have led to the show getting pulled half way through. Thus causing a .... you guessed it .... RIOT!!!!!! Queue chair throwing, fire starting, head smashing, fan arresting etc...resulting in Axl and the band and the crew all being sent home and the end of the tour and the end of CD. That's my take anyhoo.

Sorry, this one won't be long. Merk and Axl are the two biggest charlatans going? Do these fuckers even understand human behavior? There's one way to dispel lies and rumors, and that's with the truth...BUt why is that so fucking hard in their case?

After reading Merk's comments I wanted to have frozen watermelons cannon shot into my crotch! The man is just an excuse machine. The fact that GNR, the band that says whatever they want, have adopted censorship as a means to stop the backlash is rediculous. 99% of the backlash is about the lack of album news or promotion, I don't see Merk shedding any light on that subject.

Also, I love how Merk claims every fan at the Meadowlands had "lost" themselves in an amazing concert, yet everyone that was there said the crowd sucked, was dead, and mostly bored. What the fuck?

Ultimately, Merk and Axl can't figure out how to control the internet, and Axl is so used to having control, but listen buddy, this ain't 92 anymore, if you fuck with your fans, the word will spread over the internet that you are a shithead real fast. Axl and Merk need to get with the modern world and release some real news and stop with the same old censorship, nobody understands us, those are lies crap.

Axl and Merk? WHen the fuck does Chinese Democracy start? That's all we want to know, don't have an answer? Then shut the fuck up, cancel the tour, and don't come back until your ready to deliver.

Sounds like they didn't want to compramise the qualitly of the show by reducing the effects and the fire marshalls were going to be interfering constantly throughout the show. Which (imo) would have led to the show getting pulled half way through. Thus causing a .... you guessed it .... RIOT!!!!!! Queue chair throwing, fire starting, head smashing, fan arresting etc...resulting in Axl and the band and the crew all being sent home and the end of the tour and the end of CD. That's my take anyhoo.

Yep, I agree.

And once again Axl gets blamed for inciting a riot. Somehow.

Although I don't think that would be the end of the tour/CD.

Sorry, this one won't be long. Merk and Axl are the two biggest charlatans going? Do these fuckers even understand human behavior? There's one way to dispel lies and rumors, and that's with the truth...BUt why is that so fucking hard in their case?

After reading Merk's comments I wanted to have frozen watermelons cannon shot into my crotch! The man is just an excuse machine. The fact that GNR, the band that says whatever they want, have adopted censorship as a means to stop the backlash is rediculous. 99% of the backlash is about the lack of album news or promotion, I don't see Merk shedding any light on that subject.

Also, I love how Merk claims every fan at the Meadowlands had "lost" themselves in an amazing concert, yet everyone that was there said the crowd sucked, was dead, and mostly bored. What the fuck?

Ultimately, Merk and Axl can't figure out how to control the internet, and Axl is so used to having control, but listen buddy, this ain't 92 anymore, if you fuck with your fans, the word will spread over the internet that you are a shithead real fast. Axl and Merk need to get with the modern world and release some real news and stop with the same old censorship, nobody understands us, those are lies crap.

Axl and Merk? WHen the fuck does Chinese Democracy start? That's all we want to know, don't have an answer? Then shut the fuck up, cancel the tour, and don't come back until your ready to deliver.

Ahh hello Kaneda.. Wondered how long it would take you..

Once again...i have to agree with many of his points....especially the fact that axl and merk haven't said a word about the album. I just want it to come out already...

The album's on it's way.. That's all we NEED to know surely? I mean, yes we'd all like to know when it's coming but it'll get here when they're ready.. Nothing much we can do about it, except maybe bitch like our friend (HA!) Kaneda here..

KK

hey Kaneda... never noticed that your account was deleted, why and when was that?

EDIT: also, I agree with most of the things you said exept for that they should cancel the tour, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that either so I'll just be going now...

Edited by Revolver

I just want to say a big thank you for Merck and Axl for explaining this in detail. I wish you'd have more similar kind of contact with fans in the future, especially in Axl's case. I really appreciate this and once again thank you for clearing things up. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Yes, very good of them i say.

Once again...i have to agree with many of his points....especially the fact that axl and merk haven't said a word about the album. I just want it to come out already...

The album's on it's way.. That's all we NEED to know surely? I mean, yes we'd all like to know when it's coming but it'll get here when they're ready.. Nothing much we can do about it, except maybe bitch like our friend (HA!) Kaneda here..

KK

Its been on its way for over a decade. I think we earned the right to get a REAL statement. Do you really want to get your hopes up for a 2006 release and be let down again?