Guns N' Roses album pushed to 2007,New DVD to come out soon

Gallagher Rose

Axl's label admit not knowing a thing about a November release

Guns N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is now odds on to his records shops in 2007 after the band's label admitted this week they were none the wiser to a November release schedule.

Axl Rose had recently revealed his intention to get the $15m, ten-year-old project onto the shelves before the end of the year, and a press release for the Chinese Democracy Tour at the beginning of October 2006 also stated that "there are only 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year" - dropping a hint that the album would be released on a Tuesday between October 3rd and December 19th.

However, it looks near impossible that the album will be released in time for Christmas as the band's label, Universal Records, claimed this week that they had yet to received any information regarding a release date. With a likely four to six week turnaround required from GNR's management delivering the masterwork (not to mentioned publicity and promotion) it looks extremely unlikely the set will drop now until February, with January a traditional dead-zone for big new albums.

In other news, a new live DVD is in the pipeline for February.

Guns 'N' Roses - Live In Chicago" will be released on February 5th 2007 (we're sure of that), and was recorded at Chicago's Allstate Arena.

Tracks included on the set are Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Its So Easy, Wild Horses, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Godfather Theme and Coma

Source: Soundgenerator

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/showart...FTOKEN=52189913

yeah..a new dvd to come out..sounds really good.

And about Chinese Democracy..god only knows.

Edited by bucketheadisgod

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks about the album, but who knows for sure? As for the DVD? That is going to be bad ass...one of the few shows with Coma, it'll sell well I'm sure. But I don't understand why they are releasing a 92' video with old GNR, if Axl and GNR's management is trying to promote GNR 2006. I still think that Axl is trying to get his name back out there using old GNR to much.

Sucks about the album, but who knows for sure? As for the DVD? That is going to be bad ass...one of the few shows with Coma, it'll sell well I'm sure. But I don't understand why they are releasing a 92' video with old GNR, if Axl and GNR's management is trying to promote GNR 2006. I still think that Axl is trying to get his name back out there using old GNR to much.

What has ever made sense so far in this world? I've come to accept it as it is. It's a numb feeling really.... The rest of my life continues mormally, but this little piece of me keeps waiting... it's bneen so long, it really is just a part of me now.. no sense in trying to alter these feelings...

I can't imagine Universal would be saying this if they thought there was any chance of a release this year.

They're not going to be a party to some ridiculous conspiracy to cover up the release date.

Very telling that they release more work from Slash era GnR. Since Axl remade the band in his image, we've had the live era CD, a greatest hits (nearly 2), and now a concert DVD of the good ole days.

If Axl and Merck are so in love with the old work (judging from the set list, they are), then maybe it's time to admit defeat and get the old guys back.

If Merck or Universal they thought there was any real interest in the current era GnR, they'd have released a video of any of the live shows they've done in 2K6.

Sucks for the new guys. I really like a few of them. They've been playing with this band for years, and still don't get any respect from Axl, Merck or the label. They've made some interesting music. They owe it to those guys to release it.

Good post

Its a mystery wrapped inside a riddle wrapped inside an enigma. We are through the looking glass people, black is white, and white is black.

10 points.......to the winner......................................Name the movie