Is our spirit broken?

fantomas

So take your ball , and run home.All puppy's please stay on the porch.

Huh? WTF? Puppy? I don't know what you are insinuating but I'm likely one of the oldest members here. Get off the computer before your Mom hears you typing dillrod.

So your 4000 something posts you have been interacting with teenagers the whole time , and being pissed off at Axl.If you had been a fan for 19 years you would have been used to this kind of behavior from him.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when the anticipation will turn to apathy, the point where people just don't care anymore about it and the hype fades.

You can only cry wolf so many times before people will stop responding. Axl's credibility is bad right now, but if he doesn't keep his word this time, whatever little he has now will be gone for good.

I won't lie, my optimism is fading as each day passes. If there is no news by the end of the month, I think it's fair to say I will not be investing much interest in Guns N' Roses anymore. And I'm sincerely hoping it doesn't come to that point.

I have to say I agree. Even driving home tonight, Use Your Illusion I came on in my CD changer in the car and I changed it over. I'm just kind of pissed and all, but in a way depressed? I know it sounds pathetic, but I looked forward to this and I almost overhyped it.

If it doesn't come out... atleast, at the very fucking least, please release a single. "Better" with maybe, if we're lucky, a B-side or something. But at least release a studio version of something!

Well, I'll never lose interest in their old material, regardless of how terrible Axl treats us. The music they produced from 1987 - 1994 is some of the greatest music of all-time, and I cherish it.

However, Axl has asked a lot of his fans to accept the "new" GN'R without objection. And I think most of the die-hards have been pretty good that way. Yes, we have the occasional person who bitches about Slash having left and so on and so forth, but for the most part, all of the people on these message boards support the new band and are recognizing them as Guns N' Roses - something a LOT of media outlets do not do. (It's always "Axl's new lineup.")

I just think it's a shame that Axl doesn't seem to appreciate that in any way. We've put up with the lack of communication, the constantly-alternating lineups, the total lack of anything for a number of years. We've still managed to stick by his side and support his vision of this band.

And then when you read something such as what Merck and Del James wrote in regards to the fans on the Internet, and we are kept in the black as to the album release, I find that highly insulting and I feel like they're taking advantage of all the GN'R fans out there who have been supporting this band for so many years.

I can understand trying to keep the release a "surprise," but they seem to consider communication with fans a total aggravation, and I don't think that's something that speaks very highly of them.

If they don't enjoy answering questions and responding to queries about the release date, perhaps Merck should consider hiring a PR agent who is actually good at handling such things. If it's a secret, just have someone who reinforces this and tells us, "I'm sorry, we can't tell you what's going on right now, but I can assure you the album is still coming out."

Little stuff like that goes a long way, and would keep a lot of rumors and fears at bay.

Also, I understand why Axl gets tired of people asking about Chinese Democracy, but I think he and Merck need to understand that if you leave the music scene for about a decade and work on a new album non-stop and that album becomes such a legend in the industry, and then suddenly you reappear and claim it's coming out this year - yeah, a lot of people are going to have questions, and you can't expect them to all just say, "Oh, cool! Awesome!" and just ignore it for another six months until the album shows up in stores one day.

Just my thoughts on the whole situation. :)

I am used to this behavior but nearly everyone would admit that this year it seemed Axl was forthright, honest, excited and apparently trustworthy. Guess not.

I've been a fan since 1987, and have become used to Axl's erratic behaviour, but i agree, i thought he was being sincere this time. I also was under the impression that he realized that this time is do or die. He has fooled alot of us.

If I'm wrong and the cd does actually come out before 1-1-2007, I will gladly admit i was wrong, and may even apologize for it.

Im getting tired of always defending and staying a behind a band that continuously lets down and fails to deliver. The last week has made it harder. I really really thought this was gonna happen. I cant wait to see them live on the 27th, but shit, the failure to produce the album, as promised, has been a real blow to this fan. :(

Edited by sofine11

Yeah, its over..fuckin GNR Axl Rose to much of a pussy to realease CD/

ummm...why even bother posting that?

Its funny how pwople give up on Axl one minute and when something good happens like the Parkinsons bennefit people are saying how great Axl is. Dont worry the record will be released and then who knows what you guys will talk about.

But I will not give up on this band.

well put.

I think we should give Axl and Merck a sort of deadline til the end of the year, if January comes and still nothing concrete is going to happen then I say we should all organize to turn our backs and show them we fucking had enough of this!

if we take all the crap always and never raise our voice it will continue to happen, we have to make Axl know this is it and we are not longer going to put up with this joke anymore

People are giving up...in some threads even contemplating making t-shirts asking about the album to throw on stage during shows. Someone even said that they were going to try to sell their tickets on e-bay to recoup some of the money.

This is real bad. I hope Axl can do the whole suprise and all this bad news is a cover up for the album, and if it isn't yet, then he needs to make plans to drop it suprisingly on Dec. 19th.

Your fans are turning on you Axl. Your TRUE fans.

And to those who say true fans won't turn on their band...it takes a lot, but it can happen. It's happening. :(

Umm, I am a true fan as are a few of my friends, we want the album to come out, but hey, we got jobs, school, lives, so we dont have the energy to "turn on Axl" hes cool, he can just go play live music for his fans (including me). If and album comes out, even better. Please stop speaking for others. There are probobly like 20 guy who will get mad, but hey, he is making alot more happy with his shows. rock3

There are so many posts that say "Axl is losing his fans, this is the last time, burning bridges etc. Might I suggest we take a poll and actually see, cause an getting tired of reading posts of people speaking for us all. Lets s tart a poll of who really will turn on Axl if the cd doesnt come out this year. I am curious?

I wouldn't say my spirit is broken quite yet, but if it doesn't come out this year I'll feel really let down. I think the band and the management take the fanbase's dedication for granted. The shit that flies around these places and causes so much negativity is in part due to them. If they kept us anywhere near informed, then there wouldn't be "fake insiders" and mass specualtion and continual disappointment. Perhaps if they filled us in on the process of what they're actually doing, we might understand where they're coming from and not have the extreme reactions we do. I'm not asking for a release date. Just respect for the fan. They might not care about losing some fans based on how they act, but I think that just shows that they take the fanbase for granted. They should be thankful for the people attending their shows, purchasing their albums and awaiting their return, but if the best they can do is provide a general lack of information and a shitty letter from Del James scolding the fans, then that's sad.

Just my two cents.

People aren't giving up. People are whining complaining and bitching. They still go to the shows and no matter how much they cry like little bitches they will still buy the album. It just seems to be stupid thread season. Things get that way around the holidays I suppose. <_<

Things get that way when an album is promised to come out before the end of the year and there is a little over a month left with absolutely no updates from the band and a statement by the band's official label based in Canada saying that they have no knowledge of a release for 2006.

We're not in the middle of the year - we have about five weeks left. I think it's entirely understandable for people to start growing worried.

I miss the days when gnronline.com was the official website. At least that site had a little honesty and integrity. Remember when it had the "2002 World Tour" sign up with the 2006 dates underneath. We should have paid closer attention and we would have realized the message that Geffen was trying to give us was that this tour is just a continuation of the same bullshit 2002 "Chinese Democracy Tour". Axl you're the Vargas now buddy.

Listen, all this BS will never change the fact that we all think GNR made some of the best fucking music ever. We will all go to our graves knowing this. Appetite will always be Appetite regardless of anything else. The material is indifferent to anyone's emotions or the state of affairs. I understand everyone's frustrations, including my own. But let us be civil, because Axl obviously can't. How many of you really would not buy (or aquire) CD regardless of when it comes out??? You will only punish yourselves further. When we all look back at these years later in our lives, this will all be very funny...

People aren't giving up. People are whining complaining and bitching. They still go to the shows and no matter how much they cry like little bitches they will still buy the album. It just seems to be stupid thread season. Things get that way around the holidays I suppose. <_<

Things get that way when an album is promised to come out before the end of the year and there is a little over a month left with absolutely no updates from the band and a statement by the band's official label based in Canada saying that they have no knowledge of a release for 2006.

We're not in the middle of the year - we have about five weeks left. I think it's entirely understandable for people to start growing worried.

True. But all the bullshit about giving up is pathetic. It's not like we haven't been over this shit before.

I don't think we've ever been this close.

In 2002 Axl had already told us the album wouldn't be out "soon." We KNEW there was no Chinese Democracy that year. We also knew that in 1999, when he said it probably wouldn't be out that year.

This year he told us it would be out. Merck re-inforced this.

Now, it's starting to look like they were in it for money. Which I truly hope isn't actual.

But the fact that Axl never even MENTIONS the album at any of the '06 shows, and we're now officially in mid-November with no updates, is disheartening to say the least, and seems to backup all the shit the media's been reporting about how it's not coming out.

So, no, we haven't been through this before - not at the point where Axl has definitively said "Yes" in terms of the album's release coming out this year.

I won't lie, my optimism is fading as each day passes. If there is no news by the end of the month, I think it's fair to say I will not be investing much interest in Guns N' Roses anymore. And I'm sincerely hoping it doesn't come to that point.

HAHA. The album is comming out when i is good enough. I want a best possible album, and if its comming in February thats not any hard feelings from my side. As long as it is good. But i hvve my daubt on that!

Edited by Sjakalen