Is our spirit broken?

fantomas

Taking a look at the 1st page of this forum, it's one thread after another of disappointed fans talking about rumored release dates, record store BS, and mislead DJ's. I can't help but feel this a shocking contrast to the mood around here for the past eight months.

Starting with leaks, tour dates, Izzy on stage with Axl, Axl himself saying "It will be out this year". I can't believe they will drop the ball after all this. Most of this year has been the best GnR year since the early 90's. Axl has worked too hard to rebuild his reputation after the 2002 mess. I still have hope that he won't let us down. That's not to say that I'm not getting on with my life, but I think he has too much riding on this to fail this far in.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters....

Edited by madison

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a look at the 1st page of this forum, it's one thread after another of disappointed fans talking about rumored release dates, record store BS, and mislead DJ's. I can't help but feel this a shocking contrast to the mood around here for the past eight months.

Starting with leaks, tour dates, Izzy on stage with Axl, Axl himself saying "It will be out this year". I can't believe they will drop the ball after all this. Most of this year has been the best GnR year since the early 90's. Axl has worked too hard to rebuild his reputation after the 2002 mess. I still have hope that he won't let us down. That's not to say that I'm not getting on with my life, but I think he has too much riding on this to fail this far in.

just let us wait til the 19th and the 21st....i mean it really depends on harley davidson...if they play the ad wth better a single or the album will be released in the next 14 days....otherwise there will be an album in spring 2007 :(:anger::angry::fuckyou:<_<

Ya, the good mood is going down indeed. But is it any wonder? No, it's understandable, and I feel the same way too. There's no indication of a CD release to be seen, only false rumours over rumours. Band/management don't say anything, and we keep waiting and waiting...

You know, this band has a history of hinting towards a imminent CD release from 1999 onwards, it wouldn't be the first time they didn't stick to their word. That's why the fans' sceptism is appropriate.

Fool me once - shame on you

fool me twice - shame on me

fool me numerous times - welcome to GN'R land

Ya, the good mood is going down indeed. But is it any wonder? No, it's understandable, and I feel the same way too. There's no indication of a CD release to be seen, only false rumours over rumours. Band/management don't say anything, and we keep waiting and waiting...

You know, this band has a history of hinting towards a imminent CD release from 1999 onwards, it wouldn't be the first time they didn't stick to their word. That's why the fans' sceptism is appropriate.

Fool me once - shame on you

fool me twice - shame on me

fool me numerous times - welcome to GN'R land

Well said

With all the bad stuff going on after a whole year of nothing but promise and positivity; is everyone crashing? like someone else said, the far downs rumor just broke me........it even got me banned at HTGH just for asking about it (explain that one to me).

Hell, I'm hanging on. I've waited this long, whats a few more weeks, months or GOD FORBID...YEARS?!!

We all know Axl and or Del James read these forums, so maybe.............just maybe this will light a fire under their ass. Anyway, the US tour seems to be going well, except for the Portland cancellation.

FINGERS CROSSED

Starting with leaks, tour dates, Izzy on stage with Axl, Axl himself saying "It will be out this year". I can't believe they will drop the ball after all this.

They should have finished the album before touring. Simple as that. After the failure that was 2002 why would they insist on touring without the album ready to go? They could have started the tour two or three months later while they finished off the album. They'd be in much better shape right now, and no one would have cared that things started a little later.

I don't know. Part of me thinks today's news is just a cover up. Call me gullible, whatever. But it's obvious they want to keep their plans a secret and a big part of keeping a secret is deception. The Chicago DVD smells of BS as well, and here's the reasons why I think that:

a) the obvious one is that it promotes the old band. You don't release an old Guns show to promote a new Guns album. If an album tie in was planned I'm sure they'd choose one of the 2006 shows. It's not like they need to pick an old show because they don't have any good new ones to choose from.

B) so if they aren't releasing it to tie in with Chi Dem, then it's probably for cash since Chi Dem is delayed. If this is the case, why release it in February then? Why not now to take advantage of the Christmas shopping season?

c) a good chunk of the market for concert DVDs will likely be the hardcore fan. But a lot of hardcore fans already have the Chicago show in good quality. Why not release something that isn't out there since you'd probably sell more units that way?

d) this has not been officially confirmed. Some writer just said it's coming and that "we're sure of that". Tell me why I should believe this statement? We've seen enough writers get it wrong.

e) the story was too vague on some points, bolded below:

Guns N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is now odds on to his records shops in 2007 after the band's label admitted this week they were none the wiser to a November release schedule.

Axl Rose had recently revealed his intention to get the $15m, ten-year-old project onto the shelves before the end of the year, and a press release for the Chinese Democracy Tour at the beginning of October 2006 also stated that "there are only 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year" - dropping a hint that the album would be released on a Tuesday between October 3rd and December 19th.

However, it looks near impossible that the album will be released in time for Christmas as the band's label, Universal Records, claimed this week that they had yet to received any information regarding a release date. With a likely four to six week turnaround required from GNR's management delivering the masterwork (not to mentioned publicity and promotion) it looks extremely unlikely the set will drop now until February, with January a traditional dead-zone for big new albums.

First point only talks about November. It doesn't mention anything about December having been ruled out. The writer himself speculates on that part in the last paragraph, saying it's "likely" four to six weeks turnaround is required. Well guess what, with all the secrecy Universal isn't going to tell him squat about anything much less the planning in place surrounding this album.

The whole situation is crazy. We are in a place now where we really can't dismiss any rumour that pops up, but we also can't bring ourselves to trust it at face value.

EDIT: And don't forget HD saying just days ago that the Better ad was going to start airing. That sounds like record promotion to me. Why would the start airing this if the album wasn't coming out until spring/summer 2007? Makes no sense. I will continue to expect the album until I hear otherwise right from the horse's mouth. The only mouths that are talking now are all the other barnyard animals - donkeys (aka jackasses), pigs, and cows. But not the horse!

Edited by KBear

All of this blather doesn't matter. What matters to me is...

A. It's not the end of the year yet.

B. Axl said it would be out by the end of the year.

My only disappointment will stem from the fact that the man himself said it would be out (and I don't want to argue semantics on what "You'll hear music by the end of the year" means, and it didn't come. The rest of it is old hat. I'm not spending my life waiting for the CD....I'll just be happy when I get it.

im trying my best to "hang on to the last peice of hope" but i just dont see it happening

I'm really dissapointed.. and its not even for me or because I might have to wait longer. The general public is NOT going to take it well if CD isn't released this year. Finally Axl made a great comeback after the embarressment in 2002 and now is the perfect time. After this window closes nuGNR and CD will be a joke FOREVER. :no:

im trying my best to "hang on to the last peice of hope" but i just dont see it happening

I'm really dissapointed.. and its not even for me or because I might have to wait longer. The general public is NOT going to take it well if CD isn't released this year. Finally Axl made a great comeback after the embarressment in 2002 and now is the perfect time. After this window closes nuGNR and CD will be a joke FOREVER. :no:

Yeah, pretty much agreed. I feel like an idiot telling everyone about this and sticking up for the band. Despite everyone and their mother calling it The Axl Rose Experience or Axl and Kids.

I feel like an idiot telling everyone about this and sticking up for the band.

No shit! My friends are sick of hearing about GnR from me. They're gonna have a fucking field day on me come January if no new cd is out.

I don't know that i would describe it as having a broken spirit, but i know i feel like we as fans have been lied to and taken advantage of.

I know there's still 6 Tuesdays left, but man, it's getting REAL difficult to keep the hope alive.

we havent gotten a cd, weve been given a pretty decent tour so far in 2006, there has been broken promises, but who really gives a fuck!

yea chinese democracy is suppost to be out, remember how happy we were when GNR played those amazing shows at Hammerstein.. yea ive been looking forward to Chinese Democracy since 2002 when Axl sadly tried to play a US tour, this time around its different, Axl has a fire lit under his ass and he has one more chance to get everyone back if he blows it then so be it but lets not sit here and look into different aspects of the band lets hope for the CD to be out in 2006 and if its not january 1st 2007 then we can all start hating on Axl Rose but until then Axl is still the man