Fan loses patience with Axl Rose's late start

mahimahi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately some people showed their true colours on this thread

and a pleasant surprise...so did others

I was never quite able to determine people's true character via internet fan forums. Nice skill to have.

Edited by Ions

unfortunately some people showed their true colours on this thread

and a pleasant surprise...so did others

Yeah, it turns out that Charles Manson aint such a bad guy after all. :P

Exactly. - :D

Taken in context of the forum of course...

cheeky buggers

I know some people had to spend a night on a train station bench after some shows in UK, and surprisingly enough i didn't see any of that lot making it anywhere near the news :rolleyes::shocked:

This woman(not without newspaper's assistance of course) sounded like she was trying to act out some cheap soap opera simply to bring attention to herself...If she was so determined, like she said she was, couldn't it be possible to use a normal, non-electric wheel chair and ask one of her friends to pick her up, perhaps? :unsure:

But Hell no, why ask people around you when you can go straight for the media and their 'symPathetic' outlook on her 'issue'!? :monkey:

Unusual word Typical springs to mind :book: :xmassrudolph:

Edited by Nadine

As a long term fan I've always accepted that Axl and co are a law unto themselves especially with time keeping, for me and my mates this was always the attraction! They come on late they always play past the legal time for the venues licence, their unpredictable and completly unreliable I LOVE EM!!!!!!!!! Don't forget for us oldies there was no internet and we just showed up and waited at wembley stadium and Axl makes a big thing about how long we waited for him! My mates slept outside the box office all night to get our tickets and boy was it worth it!

I've thrown a sickie and risked my job to see them, I'be begged and borrowed and over spent when I can't afford to I've scrimped every penny for a ticket, waited in line for hours and bought everything they released. As a 17 year old girl I've walked the streets of London to get home after they've over run and started late, I lived alone in a shitty bedsit and that concert was the highlight of my life at that point! If you love them and want to see them you can over come anything!!!!!!!!!!!

If they come back to the UK next year NOTHING and NO-ONE will stop me going!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo

Oh boo hoo hoo.

If she was really a long-time fan as she claims, then she would know that the show always has a late start - and she wouldn't be acting shocked and appalled that the band might not hit the stage before 11 or even midnight. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the woman.

Are you reading this Merck?

Don't ban me, I'm kidding

As a long term fan I've always accepted that Axl and co are a law unto themselves especially with time keeping, for me and my mates this was always the attraction! They come on late they always play past the legal time for the venues licence, their unpredictable and completly unreliable I LOVE EM!!!!!!!!! Don't forget for us oldies there was no internet and we just showed up and waited at wembley stadium and Axl makes a big thing about how long we waited for him! My mates slept outside the box office all night to get our tickets and boy was it worth it!

I've thrown a sickie and risked my job to see them, I'be begged and borrowed and over spent when I can't afford to I've scrimped every penny for a ticket, waited in line for hours and bought everything they released. As a 17 year old girl I've walked the streets of London to get home after they've over run and started late, I lived alone in a shitty bedsit and that concert was the highlight of my life at that point! If you love them and want to see them you can over come anything!!!!!!!!!!!

If they come back to the UK next year NOTHING and NO-ONE will stop me going!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo

You ROCK girl!!! rock1

If the woman had an electric wheelchair there wouldn't be a problem.

It depends on the wheelchair, some are so heavy. that only special taxis with ramps can be used. I understand this womans dilema. My Aunty is in a wheelchair that can only travel this way. Nobody here can say what extent of her disabilities are, now that being said the way some people on this board have carelessly reacted is disgusting. Stuff the policical correctness - this is just common decency. The woman proberly allowed herself to be in the papers to make aware the taxis service should have stayed open for her need (which they did in the end) and also to the fact she tried all avenues and was unsuccessful, keeping in mind the need for ramps. Also about the being a fan since 80s - how the hell do you not now if that was prior to any accident. Most serious accidents take along time to recover, so maybe she never kept up to date with band news but still like to listen to them.

Time to think beyond your cocoons people. Thats the problem with society - too self involved

Edited by Voxy

If the woman had an electric wheelchair there wouldn't be a problem.

It depends on the wheelchair, some are so heavy. that only special taxis with ramps can be used. I understand this womans dilema. My Aunty is in a wheelchair that can only travel this way. Nobody here can say what extent of her disabilities are, now that being said the way some people on this board have carelessly reacted is disgusting. Stuff the policical correctness - this is just common decency. The woman proberly allowed herself to be in the papers to make aware the taxis service should have stayed open for her need (which they did in the end) and also to the fact she tried all avenues and was unsuccessful, keeping in mind the need for ramps. Also about the being a fan since 80s - how the hell do you not now if that was prior to any accident. Most serious accidents take along time to recover, so maybe she never kept up to date with band news but still like to listen to them.

Time to think beyond your cocoons people. Thats the problem with society - too self involved

Just to remind everyone here, again:

"I wanted to see Axl Rose as far back as the '80s. This was my chance and I was so excited I'd finally get to see him and now there's no way. With everything that's going on downtown these days, I can't be walking home at one in the morning.

That's a quote from the supposed 'handicapped' or 'crippled' woman. Sounds like she doesn't have a problem walking.