Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

FOR ALL WE KNOW.... the wheels could also already be in motion

they could have shipped them, and could be arriving late this week and in put in the record stores computers for monday and released tuesday, so yeah we MIGHT know about it on a monday and before there is anything we can do about it, there it is on the shelf for tuesday...but then i dont even see it selling ... with no promo at all for it, no single etc.. its just weird, how the hell do u expect people to just by an album with no knowledge of it

take me, as a consumer and a person in the music business, this album is really up in the air, it could be unnoticed, or it could just take off and hype will do its job... but i feel a non release and a flop ... i dont want to say that but its hard not to...

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could have shipped them, and could be arriving late this week and in put in the record stores computers for monday and released tuesday, so yeah we MIGHT know about it on a monday and before there is anything we can do about it, there it is on the shelf for tuesday...but then i dont even see it selling ... with no promo at all for it, no single etc.. its just weird, how the hell do u expect people to just by an album with no knowledge of it

take me, as a consumer and a person in the music business, this album is really up in the air, it could be unnoticed, or it could just take off and hype will do its job... but i feel a non release and a flop ... i dont want to say that but its hard not to...

I do agree with you on this point. That's why I think a early to mid 2007 release is more justifiable. For example, Limp Bizkit (not really a fan just proving a point) released an album I think about two years ago with no promotion at all, and it just flopped. So 2007 would seem like a logical choice to release CD, because it at least gives them time to promote the album. So far the only promotion that has taken place is for the tour itself, not the album.

he didnt lie, he gave an estimation,
It is THIS YEAR!!-Axl Rose(2006)

Does that sound like a fucking "estimation" to you? With gullible fans like you in existence, this thing will never come out.

Thats fantasy land shit. Its not coming out this year. GNR's stance on the RS article and the Better HD ad proved that.

Well its now December, 21 Days until fall is over, 31 until the year is over! The obvious question is will Axl make good on his promise? Its been a good year for GnR, if they dont release this album now, they probably never will! I mean what the fuck are they waiting for? I just dont get it, but I guess we will all know soon if Axl Rose of 2006 is a man of his word or not.

Thanks for the update on how the Roman calendar works. Why even post this garbage? Can't you just wait and when (if) it comes out, it comes out? What do you hope to achieve with this post?

How the fuck can you think its been a good year if you're so worried about CD coming out? A sporadic US tour to less than capacity crowds at questionable venues playing all AFD and UYI tunes with not ONE mention of a new album? I'd say for guys like you its been a TERRIBLE year for GNR. Its sad that just because they tour on old material with a no name band and have sound difficulties, you are considering it a good year - that should tell you the current state of GNR.

Just thought I'd add to the wonderfully creative and inventive posts I've been seeing here every day for the last 2 months. Truth is, I don't give a fuck if it ever comes out. I'm so very content with the 87-93 material and the possibility of a reunion.

But let's say hypothetically CD comes out and it even does well, it still won't deter the great majority's pining for a reunion tour. The consensus will be "that was ok, but when are they getting back together"? The people on this board are in the great, great minority when it comes to thoughts on Axl and a validated comeback. You need to take that into account before saying "fuck a reunion, I hope it never happens".

See, most people DO want that to happen, myself included. Axl is making a joke of himself once again. His window to do something is rapidly closing and because of that, I've really begun to hope a reunion is more of a reality than we think. Either way, he really needs make a move before he fades back into obscurity and if I'm honest, I'm not sure he really gives a shit if that happens or not...

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Just thought I'd add to the wonderfully creative and inventive posts I've been seeing here every day for the last 2 months. Truth is, I don't give a fuck if it ever comes out. I'm so very content with the 87-93 material and the possibility of a reunion.

But let's say hypothetically CD comes out and it even does well, it still won't deter the great majority's pining for a reunion tour. The consensus will be "that was ok, but when are they getting back together"? The people on this board are in the great, great minority when it comes to thoughts on Axl and a validated comeback. You need to take that into account before saying "fuck a reunion, I hope it never happens".

See, most people DO want that to happen, myself included. Axl is making a joke of himself once again. His window to do something is rapidly closing and because of that, I've really begun to hope a reunion is more of a reality than we think. Either way, he really needs make a move before he fades back into obscurity and if I'm honest, I'm not sure he really gives a shit if that happens or not...

Good post, and I pretty much agree with most of your sentiments. I dont think its coming out next year either, and in the very near future, two things will happen(possibly simultaneously) that will kill the new lineup permanently. They will all get sick of waiting and living in the shadow of AFD, and Axl will realize that he can play this same damn setlist while making truckloads of money while playing to sold out stadiums all over the world. I've been saying it for quite some time. Expect a full blown reunion within the next year or two. Only thing delaying it even sooner is VR's upcoming album. Apparently Weiland is going to do his solo album next fall, so right there is the window of opportunity for a reunion.

Thanks James Lofton (you aren't the former NFL WR are you? hah!!)

This post would have gotten me banned at HTGHT (I was banned for something similar), but its nice to know I can express my feelings about this whole fiasco - at this point, I think that's a great word to describe it. To your point James...I also think that when Libertad comes out in the spring, they'll tour through the summer and then it will get very interesting come Fall of '07.

While I love the old music, I'm not averse to hearing new stuff - but ONLY played by the old band. I think the leaks we've heard would have a lot more potential with the old Gunners doing them. Back in '99, Oh My God pretty much confirmed Axl's different direction, but listen to IRS, Madagascar, CD since then - it is very evident that these tunes are way more Illusion like than techno/grunge/industrial he set forth to accomplish in the mid to late 90's.

Thanks James Lofton (you aren't the former NFL WR are you? hah!!)

This post would have gotten me banned at HTGHT (I was banned for something similar), but its nice to know I can express my feelings about this whole fiasco - at this point, I think that's a great word to describe it. To your point James...I also think that when Libertad comes out in the spring, they'll tour through the summer and then it will get very interesting come Fall of '07.

While I love the old music, I'm not averse to hearing new stuff - but ONLY played by the old band. I think the leaks we've heard would have a lot more potential with the old Gunners doing them. Back in '99, Oh My God pretty much confirmed Axl's different direction, but listen to IRS, Madagascar, CD since then - it is very evident that these tunes are way more Illusion like than techno/grunge/industrial he set forth to accomplish in the mid to late 90's.

Are you saying that Chinese democracy is being "remade". old songs are being replaced by new songs, and that's why it is taking so long to come out? Well it can be one in a million possibility! :book:

I do agree with you on this point. That's why I think a early to mid 2007 release is more justifiable. For example, Limp Bizkit (not really a fan just proving a point) released an album I think about two years ago with no promotion at all, and it just flopped. So 2007 would seem like a logical choice to release CD, because it at least gives them time to promote the album. So far the only promotion that has taken place is for the tour itself, not the album.

limp bizkit suck though, ahah simply said ...

and to me the tour isnt huge promo, people dont even care really... i mean yeah they can estimate figures of ticket sales to album sales, there is a comparison, which might be what they are also doing, to see if a cd would sell..

Edited by Sweetest_Child

Back in '99, Oh My God pretty much confirmed Axl's different direction, but listen to IRS, Madagascar, CD since then - it is very evident that these tunes are way more Illusion like than techno/grunge/industrial he set forth to accomplish in the mid to late 90's.
EXCELLENT point. I said pretty much the same thing earlier this year. The longer the wait drags on, the more the music sounds like something the old lineup would have done, which makes the breakup of the old band even more absurd since the breakup occured over different visions for GNR.
you guys are fucking idiots. go away.
Awesome post. Excellent intellectual contribution. This forum could never survive without you.

Thanks a bunch Merck for getting everyone's hopes up. :)

I still have faith!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

:no: not funny... i hate you all....

this thing called Chinese Democracy doesn't even exist...

I'm heartbroken almost... I really wanted it this year. Next year is stupid.

2 weeks?

2 words...

No Way!

baaa-hum-bug I guess.

Edited by Jackamo

Is it just me or is it getting darker and darker in the world of GNR...Feels like Nirvana early 1994 where you just could tell its coming to an end one way or the other........This USA tour has been a deathblow to the new lineup...half empty arenas, negative reviews, cancelled shows, no album in sight, walking off stage, no buzz at all from the media which used to talk about every move Axl made...........

It feels like the end is near for this lineup...Too much negativity and there is no coming back from it.......Dont say just release the album because it is obvious that is NEVER going to happen..And even if it DOES get released...what if it sucks...that would be even more of a deathblow......I hate to say it but it just seems like the shit hit the fan....