Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the band live. I have been a long time fan since 1998 when I was 16 in Newfoundland. My parents were pretty poor so I never had the opportunity to see them via traveling. Well, I moved to Houston TX in 1998 with my first job (I design ships). I bought 8 tickets in '02 and we all know what happened in '02.

Well, I've been thrilled and positive that CD would be released this year. I still think we will see it this year but if we don't, no matter what the "excuse" I know I won't ever pay to see GN'R in concert and I will not pay for Chinese Democracy. I don't care if the album drops the first week of January. The principle alone will stop me from seeing them.

For the record:

I still think we will see it this year

...but if we don't I am gonna feel like the sucker husband with the slutty wife, when all my friends call her a whore and I say "she's just misunderstood". On January 1 I sober up.

youve supported the band since 1998 and if the album is released in janurary you wont buy it because it wasnt out in 2006. ok.

Pretty much, I've invested alot of time and money in this band as of late, with no return on investment. So yeah, I'll be done spending money to finance nothing but hollow promises.

What investments are these then?

youve supported the band since 1998 and if the album is released in janurary you wont buy it because it wasnt out in 2006. ok.

Pretty much, I've invested alot of time and money in this band as of late, with no return on investment. So yeah, I'll be done spending money to finance nothing but hollow promises.

seems a bit stupid to be honast.

I also had tickets to that 2002 Houston show which never happened (shock). Come January 1, 2007 I am going to seriously consider abandoning this band. I love this band but it's ridiculous to be a constant cheerleader and supporter for a band that treats its fans so badly.

What investments are these then?

This is why I don't like posting in these forms...

OK.

1. Time in these forums looking for updates. I bill at $145/hour and I've spent weeks here - $1000's of dollars. FACT: Time is money.

2. Recent DVD releases - $50

3. Gold Press AFD CD via Ebay - $250 (Never went to the band directly but an investment non the less abstract or not)

4. Official T-Shirts - $50

5. Substantial emotional investment - :P

Satisfied yet?

seems a bit stupid to be honast.

I'm not stupid, but thats fine if I projected that.

LOL @ you misspelling "honest" while calling me stupid. yes I am aware that I can't spell either, but I refrain from name calling for that very reason among others.

Edited by Oh My Choking Soul

...but if we don't I am gonna feel like the sucker husband with the slutty wife, when all my friends call her a whore and I say "she's just misunderstood". On January 1 I sober up.

I see us more as a battered wife.

We get nothing but shit on, but we stay with our man.

OK.

1. Time in these forums looking for updates. I bill at $145/hour and I've spent weeks here - $1000's of dollars. FACT: Time is money.

2. Recent DVD releases - $50

3. Gold Press AFD CD via Ebay - $250 (Never went to the band directly but an investment non the less abstract or not)

4. Official T-Shirts - $50

5. Substantial emotional investment - :P

Satisfied yet?

The time you spend on the forums should be for fun. It's not your job. Do you charge your friends to hang out with you too because "time is money?"

As for everything else, you invested in an actual product. You have something to show for it.

I can appreciate the fact that people are getting frustrated with the situation, but some people seem to be taking this whole thing way to personally.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Your trying to say that you are charging someone $145 an hour to sit and look at the forums here for weeks? If so I would love to know the company you are billing out services at that rate to sit on here. I am sure they would love to know about it too.

Or you are loosing out on $145 an hour because your here and not getting paid? If you bill out that much per hour why would a $50 investment for a T-shirt be that painful to you.

Either way I don't see how that is an investment that you made that was beyond your control. If you are gonna quit "supporting" the band why not start now because as many of us hate to admit. The album will most likely not drop in 2006.

Cry me a river. Please, leave now. Go get you some CREED, fag.

You are a complete moron. Do you get paid to watch TV and sleep as well?

Edited by GNRImpala

Your trying to say that you are charging someone $145 an hour to sit and look at the forums here for weeks? If so I would love to know the company you are billing out services at that rate to sit on here. I am sure they would love to know about it too.

Or you are loosing out on $145 an hour because your here and not getting paid? If you bill out that much per hour why would a $50 investment for a T-shirt be that painful to you.

Either way I don't see how that is an investment that you made that was beyond your control. If you are gonna quit "supporting" the band why not start now because as many of us hate to admit. The album will most likely not drop in 2006.

This is pointless, but that is what I bill. When I am on this site, I am not billing. Thus, every minute I spend here is a minute I don't bill. I digress... point is I am done if it doesn't come soon.

Cry me a river. Please, leave now. Go get you some CREED, fag.

You are a complete moron. Do you get paid to watch TV and sleep as well?

I would love to meet you. I am a 6'-4", 250 lbs mixed martial artist that loves to be called a fag to his face. Coward behind the safety of his computer name calling. Whatever. Give me a call if you ever come to Houston, we can grab a pint.

Edited by Oh My Choking Soul

I see us more as a battered wife.

We get nothing but shit on, but we stay with our man.

What's that line from Detroit Rock City?

"It's a give and take relationship."

"Yeah, she gives the shit and you take it."

For GN'R fans, Axl gives the shit and we take it. The only way to speak our mind is to do what the OP suggests: take our money elsewhere. Otherwise, Axl will simply ignore us.

I haven't seen the band live. I have been a long time fan since 1998 when I was 16 in Newfoundland. My parents were pretty poor so I never had the opportunity to see them via traveling. Well, I moved to Houston TX in 1998 with my first job (I design ships). I bought 8 tickets in '02 and we all know what happened in '02.

Well, I've been thrilled and positive that CD would be released this year. I still think we will see it this year but if we don't, no matter what the "excuse" I know I won't ever pay to see GN'R in concert and I will not pay for Chinese Democracy. I don't care if the album drops the first week of January. The principle alone will stop me from seeing them.

For the record:

I have no problem with this post and know exactly how you feel. Unfortunately, there are many that will cap on you if you say anything negative about the band, no matter how true it is.

For the record:

I have no problem with this post and know exactly how you feel. Unfortunately, there are many that will cap on you if you say anything negative about the band, no matter how true it is.

its true but people should be able to have the right to an opinion. without being bashed about it

This forum is full of whiners that whines about everything these days. Like GNR was the most important thing in their life. With such bitterness that it could as well have been a loved one that betrayed you. Damn, it's only a band. And I think most of the people saying they won't buy the album now will think abit different when they see the album on the shelves. I can almost garantee that most of them will have their money waveing and ready to put the record in the stereo long before they remember their random rambling online. And their precieus prinsiples.

But I don't like how the management is spitting on us fans. Get on board or fuck off!. Damn, that is one arrogant fucking attitiude. Sadly, we do get on board every time.

I also find it amusing that so many people comes up with ideas etc about how to affect Axl. Petitions and whatnot. We got to do what we have done the last 10 years. Wait. And we are getting fucking good at it to.

For the record:

Your really are a misrable little man......

Bromle - good post

For the record:

Your really are a misrable little man......

Bromle - good post

this is why I hate organized religion....

If there is no CD and not even a statement what ACTUALLY happened by january 1st, I completely agree.

I will nontheless listen to CD when it comes out. But I won't be spending time waiting for it any longer. Some day I will walk into my record store and just find it there. So Merck would be right again then...

I would love to meet you. I am a 6'-4", 250 lbs mixed martial artist that loves to be called a fag to his face. Coward behind the safety of his computer name calling. Whatever. Give me a call if you ever come to Houston, we can grab a pint.

BAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAAHHHAA!!!!!

Intellectual coward who behind the safety of a black belt....what a Texas fag.

If the album doesn't come out I won't be mad at the Braided one or feel cheated or anything like that. I will however lose even more respect, admiration and interest in Waxy and will feel like a dumbass for thinking he was so cool all these years.

If at some time I am less inclined to buy the album or go to a concert, it will be because the album is shit and therefore the new band shit. Everyday the album is delayed lends more support to this theory, because in my opinion the delay is due to someone (Axl or others) thinking the album is a turd.

Since everyone seems to have some conspiracy theory on what is going to happen I will throw my opinion in..............Here is whats going to happen.......They will finish the tour quietly.....Axl will go back into his cave........The album wont come out.....It wont be mentioned...the music industry will forget about the album and forget about Axl just like they did in 1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2003,.2004 and 2005.....................Then fast forward another 3 or 4 years and Axl will either reunite with the real lineup or retire for good because those will be his only 2 options as touring with the GNR cover band with no album for a 3rd time would be worse than the New Kids On the Block reuniting..And Chinese Democracy will be dead and buried forever unless someone bootlegs it in the year 2023

Edited by jaypayton