Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

Is it just me or is it getting darker and darker in the world of GNR...Feels like Nirvana early 1994 where you just could tell its coming to an end one way or the other........This USA tour has been a deathblow to the new lineup...half empty arenas, negative reviews, cancelled shows, no album in sight, walking off stage, no buzz at all from the media which used to talk about every move Axl made...........

It feels like the end is near for this lineup...Too much negativity and there is no coming back from it.......Dont say just release the album because it is obvious that is NEVER going to happen..And even if it DOES get released...what if it sucks...that would be even more of a deathblow......I hate to say it but it just seems like the shit hit the fan....

It's just you.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it's funny. If you look at all of the negative threads like this (BTW... 95% of the reviews I read after about every show are 100% positive... GNR is still one of the top selling acts in North America right now... stop reading into the negative so much) and they're all posted by the same 5 or 6 people all the time. I wish those 5 or 6 attention seekers would just go away already if they're so fed up.

Here's a nickel, go invest in a life.

Is it just me or is it getting darker and darker in the world of GNR...Feels like Nirvana early 1994 where you just could tell its coming to an end one way or the other........This USA tour has been a deathblow to the new lineup...half empty arenas, negative reviews, cancelled shows, no album in sight, walking off stage, no buzz at all from the media which used to talk about every move Axl made...........

It feels like the end is near for this lineup...Too much negativity and there is no coming back from it.......Dont say just release the album because it is obvious that is NEVER going to happen..And even if it DOES get released...what if it sucks...that would be even more of a deathblow......I hate to say it but it just seems like the shit hit the fan....

It's just you.

:P

You know, it's funny. If you look at all of the negative threads like this (BTW... 95% of the reviews I read after about every show are 100% positive... GNR is still one of the top selling acts in North America right now... stop reading into the negative so much) and they're all posted by the same 5 or 6 people all the time. I wish those 5 or 6 attention seekers would just go away already if they're so fed up.

Here's a nickel, go invest in a life.

dasrye! :chef:

First of all your a knob.

They havent been playing to half empty areans. They've been playing to almost full ones, or near capicity. Nowhere have I read that the stadium have been below three quarters full.

Also, there has been what, two cancelled shows, big deal not unusuial for other acts to cancel two or three shows a tour.

Reviews have been for the most part very positive.

Finally and most importantly fans have been getting to the shows and throurouly enjoying them.

its just me? i just read several newspaper articles complainging about no new album..just read the rolling stone thing complaining...just read the mtv thing complaining...half empty arenas is not a fantasy its a fact...when fucking Fergie is OUTSELLING GNR or the fucking shit liek fall out boy thats a problem..GNR used to DOMINATE in attendance figures

It's just you.

Yes JayPrick... Ions already said it's just you.

i guess its just me...i guess everyone else is HAPPY with the state of things right now..well have fun waiting another 15 years.....

Yup... got a bunch of leaks this year. Actually saw a kick ass show, twice. They've launched a website. No doubt CD is coming soon... surely they won't tour Europe and the US again next year w/o an album. And if it doesn't come out, oh well. It sure was a fun ride while it lasted!

As for all of the negative stuff you posted... I'd like to see the figures you're talking about when it comes to half empty arenas. When the floor is full and the lower deck of arenas are full, that's a pretty good showing for ANY band today. I saw Aerosmith and NIN at the same venues as GNR played, and they attracted less. The articles you talk about... well, I've read a few negative ones... but for every negative one (usually by someone who was out to get the band anyway... Mick Wall for example) there's 10 positive reviews.

Go back to the Discussion board... about every 8th topic is a positive review. Surely you can read?

Nirvana never killed GnR and the US tour won't kill GnR. Axl is the one who kills GnR by touring without an album.

they weren't saying nirvana killed gnr, they were saying that gnr feels, to them, like nirvana did in early '94.

it's still so weird to me that so many people don't recognize the obvious:

you're dealing with AXL ROSE. this is the man you've chosen to admire, and in doing so you have to put up with a ton of bullshit. i think there are a lot of people, maybe even me included, that choose to pick out the negatives, as opposed to focusing on the positives....

but there again, the people who dwell on the positives seem to treat axl like a retard who just came in 8th place at the special olympics:

"you're doing GREAT, axl! you're playing your songs in front of people consistently, aren't you, you big champion! you're the BEST! you keep workin on that album there, little buddy!"

either way it's a little weird....

i mean on the one hand you have all these people who clearly have a love/hate relationship with axl.

on the other, you have people who are willing to praise a guy for showing up every night (well, most nights) on tour....

got news for ya: that's what bands do: they tour. he doesn't deserve a cookie for it.

Yup... got a bunch of leaks this year. Actually saw a kick ass show, twice. They've launched a website. No doubt CD is coming soon... surely they won't tour Europe and the US again next year w/o an album. And if it doesn't come out, oh well. It sure was a fun ride while it lasted!

As for all of the negative stuff you posted... I'd like to see the figures you're talking about when it comes to half empty arenas. When the floor is full and the lower deck of arenas are full, that's a pretty good showing for ANY band today. I saw Aerosmith and NIN at the same venues as GNR played, and they attracted less. The articles you talk about... well, I've read a few negative ones... but for every negative one (usually by someone who was out to get the band anyway... Mick Wall for example) there's 10 positive reviews.

Go back to the Discussion board... about every 8th topic is a positive review. Surely you can read?

Good post. You know I'm much more negative and pessimistic than this. My beef is with the constant delay of CD and Axl's mind. All of what you said here is spot on however, they're 2006 tour has been very successful in the grand scheme of things and most of the reviews are positive from what I have seen. I don't buy into the idea that this album does not exist and do believe it's completed despite something happening of late (like getting Ron on the album perhaps) but I still have to wonder what the fuck the problem is and when the fuck it will be relased? The delays, Axl's tinkering and his fickle mind are what makes me want to punch the asshole.

I have a Pantera bootleg where Phil Anselmo is in the middle of talking to the crowd and he shuts them upby saying "Don't fucking cheer after everything I say, this aint no damn Guns N Roses concert"

and he was right on..There are many GNR fans who suck Axl off no matter what and treat him like alittle dog petting him for every little thing....

Good post. You know I'm much more negative and pessimistic than this. My beef is with the constant delay of CD and Axl's mind. All of what you said here is spot on however, they're 2006 tour has been very successful in the grand scheme of things and most of the reviews are positive from what I have seen. I don't buy into the idea that this album does not exist and do believe it's completed despite something happening of late (like getting Ron on the album perhaps) but I still have to wonder what the fuck the problem is and when the fuck it will be relased? The delays, Axl's tinkering and his fickle mind are what makes me want to punch the asshole.

The frustration is understandable... and it's refreshing to have someone who feels like you do comment in a civilized and constructive way. There are too many goof balls around here that post nothing but: "That's great! So when is Chinese Democracy coming out?"

I'm just tired of the smart asses. I really can't see the album not coming out. Axl has said in the past that a lot has happened that has prevented it's release one way or another that he "can't comment on" and would "when the time is right". That tells me he's been hit with one lawsuit after another. Earlier in the year when they were all positive about it coming out ("this year"... "13 Tuesday's between now and the end of the year"-- keep in mind, there's two more left... it's very possible to drop this thing in nothing but Best Buys the first week or something on one-day's notice... expect the unexpected with GNR) we were all excited. Now, it seems like the inpatient people are coming up with excuses or 'hating' the band and the year isn't even over yet.

If something else went down lawsuit wise (wouldn't be surprised if top-hat man had anything to do with it), they still wouldn't be able to talk about any of it. Ron said two weeks ago the record company might be holding things up a bit... Axl says last night "were not supposed to talk about this... but that was a song...". Things just are smelling a little fishy.

The Fresno show gets canned... it was a rescheduled show, so maybe ticket sales were so bad they just decided to can it.

Something is weird about next week... three shows at the same place... all around December 18th? If an album drops, they'll sell out all three nights I bet. If not, why in the world would you play the same place three gigs in a row? Sounds like something is or at least was planned for that time period.

I guess we shall see.

I feel your pain, BTW. It has been frustrating. But you need to look at the big picture... we're only talking about a rock band. There are more important things in life to worry about.

It's just you.

+1