Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... got a bunch of leaks this year. Actually saw a kick ass show, twice. They've launched a website. No doubt CD is coming soon... surely they won't tour Europe and the US again next year w/o an album. And if it doesn't come out, oh well. It sure was a fun ride while it lasted!

As for all of the negative stuff you posted... I'd like to see the figures you're talking about when it comes to half empty arenas. When the floor is full and the lower deck of arenas are full, that's a pretty good showing for ANY band today. I saw Aerosmith and NIN at the same venues as GNR played, and they attracted less. The articles you talk about... well, I've read a few negative ones... but for every negative one (usually by someone who was out to get the band anyway... Mick Wall for example) there's 10 positive reviews.

Go back to the Discussion board... about every 8th topic is a positive review. Surely you can read?

Good post. You know I'm much more negative and pessimistic than this. My beef is with the constant delay of CD and Axl's mind. All of what you said here is spot on however, they're 2006 tour has been very successful in the grand scheme of things and most of the reviews are positive from what I have seen. I don't buy into the idea that this album does not exist and do believe it's completed despite something happening of late (like getting Ron on the album perhaps) but I still have to wonder what the fuck the problem is and when the fuck it will be relased? The delays, Axl's tinkering and his fickle mind are what makes me want to punch the asshole.

old skool, you are softening up, I can tell, those were quite a few good words :P

GNR never had so many positive reviews in years!!!!

Well that makes sense, the 2002 tour was a complete stinker and they hadn't toured before that since 93.

And yeah, some reviews have been good, some bad. I'd say it's about 50/50. The tour hasn't been a triumph but it hasn't been a failure either.

And what do you mean, 'dark times coming'? Didn't we all (some of us, at least) just spend 10 years without a second of new music? Four demos isnt much but I'd say this is the least dark its been in a long time.

Well that makes sense, the 2002 tour was a complete stinker and they hadn't toured before that since 93.

And yeah, some reviews have been good, some bad. I'd say it's about 50/50. The tour hasn't been a triumph but it hasn't been a failure either.

And what do you mean, 'dark times coming'? Didn't we all (some of us, at least) just spend 10 years without a second of new music? Four demos isnt much but I'd say this is the least dark its been in a long time.

The writing is on the wall man. Just read it. There is something going on behind the scenes. GNR is very volitile. We all know everything can fall apart at any moment. And it has in the past. What makes this so grim is the fact that we had so many reasurances this year. But I think the Harley ad debaucle was a sign of things to come. Can GNR turn this around at this point? Yes by releasing an album at once. Will they? Hmmm...

dude, you are high, almost ALL the reviews have been good to exceptional. Are you fucking kidding me?

First off, let me start by saying that I'm being completely serious. We all know that Axl has spent years in the Sedona desert doing past life regression therapy. Perhaps his psychic has told him that the time is not yet right to release CD. Perhaps Axl has been waiting for his psychic to have a vision of when the album should be released. I believe Axl puts a lot of stock in what his psychic tells him to do. The Fresno show was probably cancelled because of Axl's psychic recommending that he not play the gig. Somebody should e-mail merck and ask him if Axl's psychic has anything to do with the delay. Does anybody know if Axl still employs yoda? Who is Axl's psychic these days?

Edited by Randy Lahey

First off, let me start by saying that I'm being completely serious. We all know that Axl has spent years in the Sedona desert doing past life regression therapy. Perhaps his psychic has told him that the time is not yet right to release CD. Perhaps Axl has been waiting for his psychic to have a vision of when the album should be released. I believe Axl puts a lot of stock in what his psychic tells him to do. The Fresno show was probably cancelled because of Axl's psychic recommending that he not play the gig. Somebody should e-mail merck and ask him if Axl's psychic has anything to do with the delay. Does anybody know if Axl still employs yoda? Who is Axl's psychic these days?

I always know it was vodka in Lahey's drink when he said he was sober.

A8R

Does anybody know if Axl still employs yoda?

OMG... the whole Yoda and Thomase's avatar all makes sense now! Geeze... that was a blonde moment that lasted for six months!!

Someone make an airplane noise whooshing overhead for me.

There's a good chance that Yoda is the key to "Chinese Democracy". Has anybody ever tried contacting Yoda? Any board members who live in the Sedona desert?

Lando (Estragned Reality) might know where he's (she's) been hiding.

Any ideas, old buddy?

If I was a reporter from Rolling Stone trying to figure out when CD might appear, I would start by travelling to Sedona to find Yoda.

Oh man... you're serious! You know what though... count me in. Nothing like a cross country road trip. When we get there and find her... I'll hold her down and you beat her with a rubber hose until she coughs up a release date.

If the albums not out, and we've got no release date by Summer time, I'd be up for travelling to Sedona. Document our findings and submit and article to "Rolling Stone". Perhaps a Hunter S Thompson style trip would be in order?

Edited by Randy Lahey

its just me? i just read several newspaper articles complainging about no new album..just read the rolling stone thing complaining...just read the mtv thing complaining...half empty arenas is not a fantasy its a fact...when fucking Fergie is OUTSELLING GNR or the fucking shit liek fall out boy thats a problem..GNR used to DOMINATE in attendance figures

Seems funny to me that these so called articals you speak of have only been seen by ur eyes. Guess what, I havnt read a bad review yet from somebody who has been at a show. Take your negativity, and go away, nobody here cares what you have to say.

You know, it's funny. If you look at all of the negative threads like this (BTW... 95% of the reviews I read after about every show are 100% positive... GNR is still one of the top selling acts in North America right now... stop reading into the negative so much) and they're all posted by the same 5 or 6 people all the time. I wish those 5 or 6 attention seekers would just go away already if they're so fed up.

Here's a nickel, go invest in a life.

..im kinda out of the loop...who are the other top selling acts in amerikkka right now?

dude, you are high, almost ALL the reviews have been good to exceptional. Are you fucking kidding me?

I believe I already said you are not worth discussing anything with. The only opinions you seem to care to read are your own. You chastise people for being critical of a band. Let me be perfectly clear with you: I own all their albums, 60-70 bootlegs that I've had since I was 12 (which is probably how old you are if I had to guess), and I've paid to see them twice this year now. If I have some criticisms of an otherwise fine and talented group, I reserve the right to say whatever the fuck I want. Yet everytime someone says anything less than perfect about this band, you attack them, curse at them, and call them names like a little child.

An actual quote from you last time you directed a comment at me was 'Who the fuck are you to judge if Axl is successful or not? He seems happy'. Speaks for itself. You'd rather be in a discussion by yourself than listen or tolerate the views of others.

There are plenty of negative reviews out there. There are also plenty of good reviews out there. You either avoid the bad ones or label them as written by retards or something. I'm sure someone out there would be happy to take the time to link you to some. Not me.

Edited by SterileEyes

The negative comments about this bands' shows usually stem from the time that the band hits the stage, the lack of original members, the number of support acts, his braids/appearance/weight (sad but true) and the lack of the new album.

The negative reviews RARELY concentrate any of their focus on the actual show. They just point out the obvious things mentioned above that anyone could do without going to a show. So it's hardly a proper 'review'.

The better reviews mention these things and move on to discuss the actual performance.

I'm sure there are bad reviews out their criticising the show - usually the amount of solos - but I don't think they are very common.

I'd say the tour has been great apart from the odd cancellation.

LP