An Open Letter From Merck

madison

I think Axl prefers HTGTH because the site is updated daily and doesn't have a million adverts splattered on every page..

Well, Eric pays for the server, software and other monthly charges out of his own pocket. He doesn't have anybody footing the bill for him. The ads are there to help offset these high costs so that people like yourself - as ungrateful as you seem to be - can come here to talk about the band.

Yeah I really prefer this site. There's not really that many ads you know..

On top of which I doubt he has much control over what goes up there. It probably goes by keyword regarding what the site is about. Almost all websites use some type of advertising for backup support. Just be glad they aren't popping up every 5 seconds like on other sites.

Anyway, I am not here to debate what GNR site is better. I like different ones for different reasons and I obviously enjoy posting here to discuss topics I may not be able to discuss other places.

This is an important letter for GNR fans to read.

Meanwhile, Velvet Revolver is finishing up their new record which shall be released in 2007 - this is confirmed by Matt Sorum himself, who I briefly spoke with at Spaceland on Sunday night.

Can we give Velvet Revolver a trophy or something for doing right by their fans?

no because there mediocre at best>

Meanwhile, Velvet Revolver is finishing up their new record which shall be released in 2007 - this is confirmed by Matt Sorum himself, who I briefly spoke with at Spaceland on Sunday night.

Can we give Velvet Revolver a trophy or something for doing right by their fans?

So what?

I hate it when people ruin these kind of moments mentioning VR! <_<

thanks for letting us know. :rolleyes:

So what?

Anytime. :)

Please - everybody - stop bashing other sites.

If you have questions or concerns about another site, then ask those questions at the other site. If you don't like another site, then don't visit it. But don't come here to bash it.

Respect the rules of whichever forum you're posting on.

They refuse to work in alliance with mygnrforum. Not sharing the message from Merck, which everyone now knows about anyway, it should be taken in an act of 'being an unfriendly bastard towards you/mygnrforum/merck'.

On topic, I still don't feel anymore for Merck, it's the VERY least he could have said. As with his 'poke fun' comment, I don't think his new job will be a comedian.

I have been really hard on Merck, but he actually comes off as the good guy in this situation. He could have used a letter to slam Axl, poke fun at Axls hair, call the record a steaming pile of shit, and everything inbetween, but took the high road. I applaud him for that.

the new Guns N' Roses (which kicks the shit out of the old)

Not cool. :no:

I agree; it was unneccessary, and unprofessional.

AGREED!!! (SHAME TO SUCH AN "TOP-MANAGEMENT" GUY...this words we could believe to hear just from the LABOUR SOCIETY or NON INTELECTUALS beings) <_<

I can't stand that MERCK GUY!...if HE WAS A GOOD MANAGAER, HE WOULD BRING THAT "MUSE" WAY BEFORE THAN a 4 times it took...or something like that! And anything he says is a lie...and anything he does is not worth of his respect and DUTY!

...HE'S A SUCCESFULL LIAR!!!...HOw do you think he got ALL THIS MONEY for the band? But unfortunately he spet it I think quite a bit for now!

I'm convinced...everybody here..could do a better MANAGEMENT and MERCHANDISING including MARKETING than this asshole!...SERIUSELY!!!

I suggest AXL writes another song titled "SWEET MANAGER O' MINE"!!!!!!!! :lol:<_<

stupid f***!

So what?

Anytime. :)

fucking minger :)

the new Guns N' Roses (which kicks the shit out of the old)

No, he's so Axl-whipped, he saved his slamming for the original band. I'm glad he's history. :fuckyou:

Now 9 out every ten fuckin people here says the same fucking thing he just said, and you wanna get pissed off at him... whats wrong with you people? I dont believe any of it, but I think it's pretty cool that he does try to reinforce everyone that the new guns n' roses is better than the old one.. isn't that the argument after all? Isn't this what this is really all about, Axl showing the old band he can still do it without them? Gimme a break and fuckin grow up people... you've been waiting for a letter like this for how fuckin long and all any of you can do is bitch because he thinks the new gn'r is better than the old? Hell, that would make me feel confident about him as my manager if I knew his opinion of what i was doing was that high... jesus titty fuckin christ people... and I think it's pretty safe to say that you're all Axl-whipped, or else you'd be able to step back and critizise him, instead of gettin pissed everytime somebody says a cross word about him and acting like somebody stepped on your baby... how dare any of you say that shit about the only person keeping this shit train rollin... you people are fucked...

Edited by oogieboogieman420

we needed the money to be able to complete the album and keep the band alive.

Thats quite a downer. Really does make the tour feel like a money grab. I guess I don't mind though. I got 3 great concerts this year that I was so hyped about and it supported the band...........I just dont like the fact they kept that info to themselves in order to keep selling tickets.

I guess it is obvious that they were doing this but I think Merck really messed up (or no longer cares as he is no longer the manager). I dont think you should tell your fans that the tour was not postponed because we needed the money.

Notice Axl does not mention this in his letter. The dirty laundry is coming out.

we needed the money to be able to complete the album and keep the band alive.

Thats quite a downer. Really does make the tour feel like a money grab. I guess I don't mind though. I got 3 great concerts this year that I was so hyped about and it supported the band...........I just dont like the fact they kept that info to themselves in order to keep selling tickets.

I guess it is obvious that they were doing this but I think Merck really messed up (or no longer cares as he is no longer the manager). I dont think you should tell your fans that the tour was not postponed because we needed the money.

Notice Axl does not mention this in his letter. The dirty laundry is coming out.

Every fuckin' tour from every band in the world is a money grab. I am perferctly happy with paying these costs. Because I believe the money is worth it. I'd rather pay £40 and say 'fuck you' to all my problems and have a great fuckin' night that i'll always remember, than for there not to be a tour and just silence.

I also believe GNR genuinly love touring and love the fans. If they never why would they take time out of there work to talk to the fans after shows and over the internet? Why would they give explanations like this?They don't need to.

So Merck's out huh? Cool :book:

Kinda sucks how after given a great idea to announce a solid release for 2007, Axl only said "Maybe March 6th" ..........at least the good part, if this is all true(the March Release) then we'll most likely have the album in our computers by mid-february :wub: ------ :ph34r:

Kannon.

PS: Also, I had just woken up when I started reading this, and I'd been dreaming that Robin was whispering to some chick that the album was coming out next neek. The 19th. :lol: ................ :huh:

Edited by kannon21

From Axl's open letter:

The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the “13 Tuesdays left” and “It may just appear in your record store” approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them.

Merck,accept it cunt. Your a fucking tool. :fuckyou:

From Axl's open letter:

The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the “13 Tuesdays left” and “It may just appear in your record store” approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them.

Merck,accept it cunt. Your a fucking tool. :fuckyou:

More like another scapegoat, maybe him and BH should get together for a chat :rofl-lol: