Metal thread

oogieboogieman420

I don't know if this has been attempted here before not.. I don't think the general population is really that into metal.. or maybe they are and don't realize it, as metal has more genres than any other musical genre... Anyway.. on point... I figured since there's wrestling threads, and football threads and even a cinderellie thread.. why the hell not a thread for the metal heads representing the metal nation?

Talk about what got you into metal.. your favorite bands, news about your favorite metal bands.. and most importantly, since I have a hard time keeping track of tours, tour info when your favorite band hits the fuckin road to pound out another sic ass tour... I also have to admit, that this would be a cool way for me to find out about other bands, because there isn't a very wide range of music exposure out here.. there's country, rap and pop.. so until the MTV special about a headbanger's journey, I didn't even know about Therion and nightwish, or even Children of Bodom or Dimmu Borgir... I only listened to like, slipknot of course.. some Arch enemy, Lacuna Coil, Danzig and your basic list of American metal bands that you hear about.. So my knowledge of all the different type's of bands that are out is limited... So yeah, I'm alittle selfish, but it's cool cause I think it would kickass to have a metal thread for us heads...

So my first question is, who is heard therion, and likes them? I like their sound, but I'm not so into nightwish.. I think the chic from therion has a beautiful voice, and whoever it is in the band who's coming up with this shit is fuckin genius... I love the mix of classical, orchestra type music is fused with the metal doom and gloom sound of black/gothic metal.. it's really beautiful music... in a dark way.. Songs like the invincible, I cant explain it.. but it's a powerful song.. It should amaze anybody who is into really good music.. and beauty in black is a song that is just majestic feeling.. it's a simple sound almost, or so it sounds to me.. but it's also very complex.. It's something else.. it's like no other..

Second, is I really would like to know, why you got into metal? what draws you to it, and makes you listen to it above anything else? What about metal makes you fell comfortable in that surrounding, with the anger, and hate (in most cases), And lastly, what is your favorite metal band, and why? Everybody knows mine is slipknot, but what about y'all? I of course, like metal because of the hate and the anger.. I like the sound of it, the over loaded turn it up as loud as you can, and then turn it up some more... my favorite sound ina metal band, is the double bass, how sometimes it sound slike a machine gun goin off, or just how it give sit that, pounding on your fuckin chest sound... I don't like it when it's so fast it bleeds together, and you're just banging on the drums.. I wish there were more bands like slipknot, because I like the way they use their instruments... how they create, "noise", and turn it nto music.. is the best way I can describe it.. it's harmonic noise, like a beautiful destruction... like songs like tattered and torn, how it sounds circus like, and how they use the beer kegs, and the extra percussionist's.. the DJ/sampler.. the extra vocal's... the way Mick plays guitar, the sound they created on tattered and torn with a guitar is just.. what tha fuckin shit man.. makes you just think "god I don't wanna fuckin die"..lol.. Sorry.. i'veranted too long, somebody else start fuckin talkin.. jesus tittyfuckin Christ

If this has been done before, my bad, just point me in the dircetion of this previos post and i'll be seein my way there...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin' right here. We haven't had an official metal thread in ages!

Therion are freakin' awesome! I've only got 1 album, but it's the same gothic metal stuff that I listen to quite a bit. You should check out Tristania. They are much of the same stuff...although I like them much more. But it is more atmospheric and haunting I guess, there's no shredding solos or nothing in Tristania.

Umm..what got me into metal? I would say just the general intensity of it. Like a lot of people I guess, Metallica were my first *real* metal band...at first I was like 'man toooo much distortion', but after a few songs I was hooked. I try to steer myself away from getting too much into Death Metal, although I like it, some of it is just pure shit.

You can't really find as much insanely awesome guitar or solos in softer rock music, so that was something that drew me into metal too.

But yes....I like metal.

Edited by FunkyMonk

The band that first got me into metal, and they're still my true love, was Iron Maiden. The singer was a huge talent, the bass was driving and the guitar harmonies were gorgeous. I dug a bit further into metal and eventually tried Black and Death metal (not really my taste), but kept coming back to early metal. Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Rainbow (early Power Metal? I think so) and bands of that sort.

My father has been a huge Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, Rainbow fan. Therefore I was always into rock music and metal (Black Sabbath)

My favourite metal band is and has always been Iron Maiden and I've started listening to them by my cousin who was slightly older than me. Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Adrian Smith and the rest. Songs that narrate tales and create a scenery that they make you imagine and put you in it. Great music/rhythm, awsome solos and riffs, fun lyrics and this smooth heavenly voice. I also love Bruce Dickinson's solo work and especially the album Chemical Wedding which I definatelly recomend.

I love Judas Priest, Metallica, Dream Theater (one of my best bands), Tool, Nevermore, Savatage, Dio

When I was in my teens I used to listen to more bands which I don't anymore at least not that often. From Power metal... Gamma Ray, Helloween, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Angra, Stratovarious (I really can't stand them now hehe), Iced Earth (not power exactly at least some of the last albums were), Blind Guardian etc

And generally I liked too bands from other kinds. For a long time I was really into Sentenced, Amorphis, Rage, I liked Therion as well and others.

That's all I remember now, definatelly I'm forgetting stuff!

i love metal music i got into Iron Maidon in the eighties and can deffinetaly say they are just as good now as they were then, i don't think they get the recognition they desserve, i mean when people talk about bands that have been around for 20+ years that are still great , they don't really mention Iron Maidon, well i say they bloody well should rock3

I Looooove metal :D

The first Metal band I started to like was Iron Maiden and Metallica. And later on I got into more heavy music and Children Of Bodom and thay are now my favorite band :P

and lately I have been listening to alot of In Flames ;)

but the best bands ever are Metallica and COB :D

metal rules

from the inyourface assault of death metal to the speed and ferousiusness of thrash metal.From the bleakness of black metal to the might of heavy metal.To the party vibe of hair metal to the anger and despair of nu metal.Metal has something for most people :)

Doom and gothic metal suck though.

Pantera, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Danzig, Depeche Mode, 'tallica - hats off to them.

Er, DragonForce as "power metal" too.

Fuckin right, a Danzig fan... wait.. you do like other songs BESIDES mOTHER HUH?..LOL.. gOD i FUCKIN HATE THAT SONG NOW..LOL.. I'm gonna marry the chic from arch enemy and divorce her for the chic from Lacuna Coil... one day...lol.. I like what i've heard from Pantera, but believe it or not, I havent really heard anything besides walk, and five minutes alone.. awesome songs.. and That fuckin guitar player from Dragonforce is awesome.. what fuckin super human nuclear experiment did he come from? I don;t like teh singer, but I don;t like powermetal too much.. it's a bit cheesy... to my taste...

I'mma check out that tristina? I think it was.,.. I like that sound therion has, but the solos are a bit long winded and i have a short attention span..lol.. I fuckin love Iron Maiden...

I got into metal just for the anger release.. after listening to guns n' roises for so long, it just wasnt releasing that anger... I really like teh vocals and am a vocalist in training you could say.. I don;t like that deep growling you cant understand shit.. or the tazzmanian devil rasping shit... and it just seems like everything is too fake everywhere else.. I grew up listening to, the beatles and deep purple, pink floyd, Lynard Skynard, black sabbath.. all kinda shit.. but my mom made me listen to country and *hangs head in shame and lower's voice* Micheal Bolton.. when I was a kid.. so as you can imagine.. as I got older, my cousin's introduce dme to AC/DC and megadeth, metallica.. but when I was a small shit, about 3 or 4.. maybe 5.. I was crying and throwing a fit about something.. and my brother put in a tape of guns n' roses, AFD... and he told me if I quit crying I could have any of his tape's... yes, this was teh 80's and cassette tapes were still the fuckin sshit... Well, welcome to the jungle started and Axl let that fuckin scream out at the start of the song, and I just quit crying and looked at the radio and was like "gimme that one and i'll quit"..lol...

Well, long time after all this.. I went through alot of shit, got in alot of trouble and shit.. and was always angrey... and one day, my friend put on slipknot and made me listen to everything end's... Corey screamed "AND THE WORST THING HAPPENED TO ME TODAY, well I guess I don;t care anymore" and I was hooked.. Mudvayne followed and ever since then it's been like my fuckin crack.. I wake up, I listen to slipknot.. it's my morning cup of coffee... it gets me through the day.. but what attracted me to metal was basically the evil dark satanic image.. when I was a kid, I was teh one who would take permanent marker and write 666 across my arms and forehead.. I would wtach scray movies by myself so I would have nightmares... I used to try to dial 666 to talk to the devil.,. all before I ecven got in school..lol.. So the whole demon's and devil rebelling against whats normal has been in me since i was a kid... and metal makes me feel at home..lol..

While you're here again... Has anybody heard this new hell yeah concoction between mudvayne vinnie paul and some other dude? It's alrightw hat I heard, just one song.. kinda sounds like it picks up where lost and found left off, and thats cool.. I hope he gets that pussy emotions nobody loves me shit out his system and get mad again... the whole band is awesome.. but that album sounde dlike it really limited their creative talent.. it just wasnt.. didnt sound like a mudvayne album... Anyway.. If you heard anything by hell yeah, let me know what u think, please.. I really liek Chad's voice..

Oh.. any news on ozzfest? I have some dates, i'll post.. but how do you get tickets? What bands are playing? I signe dup for teh newsletter like 5 times with different emails, but nothing so far.. any news? Here's the date sI have.. I got 'em from the ozzfest website

07/12/2007 THU White River Amphitheatre, Seattle, WA

07/14/2007 SAT The Gorge, George, WA

07/17/2007 TUE Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Sacramento, CA

07/19/2007 THU Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA

07/21/2007 SAT Hyundai Pavilion, Devore, CA

07/24/2007 TUE Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ

07/26/2007 THU Journal Pavilion, Albuquerque, NM

07/28/2007 SAT Coors Amphitheatre, Denver, CO

07/30/2007 MON Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Kansas City, MO

08/02/2007 THU Smirnoff Music Center, Dallas, TX

08/04/2007 SAT Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, San Antonio, TX

08/06/2007 MON Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, St. Louis, MO

08/08/2007 WED Germain Amphitheatre, Columbus, OH

08/10/2007 FRI First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Tinley Park, IL

08/12/2007 SUN Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

08/14/2007 TUE Verizon Wireless Music Theatre, Indianapolis, IN

08/16/2007 THU PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

08/18/2007 SAT New England Dodge Music Theatre, Hartford, CT

08/20/2007 MON Tweeter Center, Boston, MA

08/22/2007 WED Tweeter Center, Philadelphia, PA

08/24/2007 FRI Post Gazette Pavilion, Pittsburgh, PA

08/26/2007 SUN DTE Energy Music Theatre, Detroit, MI

08/28/2007 TUE Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC

08/30/2007 THU Sound Advice Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL

Pantera, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Danzig, Depeche Mode, 'tallica - hats off to them.

Er, DragonForce as "power metal" too.

Fuckin right, a Danzig fan... wait.. you do like other songs BESIDES mOTHER HUH?..LOL.. gOD i FUCKIN HATE THAT SONG NOW..LOL.. I'm gonna marry the chic from arch enemy and divorce her for the chic from Lacuna Coil... one day...lol.. I like what i've heard from Pantera, but believe it or not, I havent really heard anything besides walk, and five minutes alone.. awesome songs.. and That fuckin guitar player from Dragonforce is awesome.. what fuckin super human nuclear experiment did he come from? I don;t like teh singer, but I don;t like powermetal too much.. it's a bit cheesy... to my taste...

Am I Demon and Soul On Fire are my favourites actually.

Yah, I'm not a big powermetal fan - just the vocal harmonies and the fab guitar work draws me to them

wechainmailshirtcoifts7.jpg

I bloody love metal. Without it, the pillaging hordes would have taken me long ago.

why wouldn't you just get a cleric to cast a protection spell on you and trade in that rickety old sword for a +3 mace?

just saying...

Not enough credits. :(