VIDEOGAME Thread...

Btw, someone mentioned the 90 minutes cutscenes in MGS. They are far from that long.

They are about an hour I believe. Can't wait till we get it in store.

Yeah, I heard that was a lie as well. I think it was one of the reviewers for Gamepro that dispelled that rumor. He also said that you can pause the cut scenes, which I think is really cool.

I still don't think hour long cut scenes have their places in video games, but atleast this does slightly redeem it if you can pause it.

That's what I was thinking.

Btw, someone mentioned the 90 minutes cutscenes in MGS. They are far from that long.

They are about an hour I believe. Can't wait till we get it in store.

Yeah, I heard that was a lie as well. I think it was one of the reviewers for Gamepro that dispelled that rumor. He also said that you can pause the cut scenes, which I think is really cool.

I still don't think hour long cut scenes have their places in video games, but atleast this does slightly redeem it if you can pause it.

That's what I was thinking.

Yeah, it totally ruins the game. I'd definitely play through it if it wasn't for the long cutscenes.

I guess it's a great game, but the story is one of the things which makes it that great.

If you skip the cut-scenes, you're gonna lose big parts of the story.

Turns out there are two 90 min cutscenes in the game. The dude who smashed the rumour was wrong. It's been mentioned in a lot of reviews.
I actually work at EB Games/Gamestop now. :D

Speaking of videogames.

Thinking about trading my PS2 and some old games in for a 360. I don't use it anymore anyway.

I started in GAME last week, too.

It's so awesome. My dream first job. ^_^ From here to EDGE magazine...

What the hell? First job?! How did you afford a massive TV, PS3, X360 AND a Wii? You spoilt bastard :-P

It's sort of like paying an electricity bill after you rented an apartment?

Paying for Xbox live is what I'm refering to.

Actually I seem to be getting a lot of free gold memberships with games I bought. GTA for example.

The thing with 360 is the service they provide and the products work pretty well and I don't have any complaints, so I'll feel fine about throwing them some extra cash, I know they are all homeless and starving to death over at MS Towers.

If the service sucked and the product was sub par garbage then I'd be pissed off and demand they refund me.

Paying for online play is absolutely ridiculous after you just payed all that money for the system itself and a game.

Hardly. You pay for a computer and a game, then you pay for internet.

It is the way things work.

You want goods and services, you part with money or a sufficient substitute.

The price they charge for a year isn't all that much to be fair.

Guest knerken

Kinda agree with Axls_Shorts.

Paying for XBOX Live would not be ridiculous if online playing on Wii and PS3 was not free. But it is.

You pay for quality, Microsoft has the best online service of the three by FAR.

it is better than PSN but i wouldn't say by far. alot of the xbox arcade games are terrible in my opinion and all they have that's better than PSN is better content which PSN is getting better when you look back at this time 6 months ago when the only updates we got were wallpapers every week. the only other thing i can think of is the achivements and gamerscores but PSN are getting trophies soon and i don't care too much for them anyway, most of the achivements in games aren't really "achivements", you seem to get alot of them by just doing pretty standard things like finishing single player, creating a charrachter etc.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

doesn't Xbox live arcade have ikaruga? if so, then xbox live arcade does have some good games.

just watched a preview/review of MGS4 and i'm so hyped for it now. i'll be playing this before i get GTA4. the 360 may have alot of cool exclusives but this game would warrant buying a ps3 alone! the gameplay looks brilliant and it's the first MGS that gives you the option of playing in first player mode

Guest Jack_the_ripper

man, EB games is having crazy fucking deals. Here are some wii games I've bought in the last 2 weeks for 9.89$:

Resident evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Geometry wars

NiGHTS

Bwii

Trauma Center: New Blood

And there's just sooo much more, I can't believe it, every week they switch up the games for 10$ until the end of june, definitely worth checking out for wii owners.

man, EB games is having crazy fucking deals. Here are some wii games I've bought in the last 2 weeks for 9.89$:

Resident evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Geometry wars

NiGHTS

Bwii

Trauma Center: New Blood

And there's just sooo much more, I can't believe it, every week they switch up the games for 10$ until the end of june, definitely worth checking out for wii owners.

Damn, $9.89?! The only EB's that were near me have all been converted to Gamestops.

Will have to run up to GS to see if they're running the same offers...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Doesn't that tell you something? :lol:

get off your highhorse, they're having the same deal for select ps3 and 360 games.