VIDEOGAME Thread...

I got GoldenEye: Reloaded for Christmas. I haven't played it yet (had a few other games to finish up) but since I own the Wii version I'll be anxious to see what the new features are like and how the new engine runs in comparison. I really think the Wii version was a great game and one of the better Bond games in recent years.

I'm so overwhelmed with games right now that I've been put off of a gaming mood. :(

I still have to beat Dark Souls and Arkham City. I haven't even touched Assassin's Creed: Revelations yet. I'm always getting asked to play Battlefield online, and I only have about 5 hours into Skyrim. :thumbsdown:

I really hope I can get back into a gaming mood in my next two days off. It'll be a nice change of pace.

Scratch Skyrim and Dark Souls, Rayman Origins is my GOTY 2011. It is amazing.

The graphics are among the best I've seen this generation. The amount of detail and the animation is top notch. The game is also PURE fun.Might even convince my girlfriend to play this in Co-op with me. It gets quite hard, but because of the generous amount of checkpoints, it never gets frustrating. Controls are also very precise and if you die, it is due to your own lack of skill, not some weird glitch, bad hit detection or sluggish controls. Music and sound effects are also among the best this generation has to offer. It has been ages since I had so much fun playing a game.

Best puchase I did this year, and it only cost me 25€. It's a real shame nobody else bought it. Games such as this are too rare nowadays.

The very first Rayman will always have a special place in my heart. I have such fond memories of that title, even though I remember it was a bit too hard for me here and there (I was about 9-10yo at the time I think). This brings back all those memories and more. It is just amazing.

Also, appearently the fate of 'Beyond Good and Evil 2' depends a bit on the succes of this title...

Edited by st0n3r

I'm playing Battlefield 3 which I feel is the best shooter out there (I have been playing COD since COD2) and the think battlefield is streets ahead of MW3.

Skyrim, started it but havint been able to play as much as I can but can't wait to get back into it. Class game.

FIFA 12, best football game out there IMO

anyone else playing football manager 2012??

i've played the last 4, usually i use the same tactics/training. but in this game i find that every game i play, i get at least one injury. and some of them keep players out for months.

i know it's mostly bad luck, but i've never had this many injuries in any of the previous versions. anyone else experiencing the same?

Yeah I found that too. To be honest , I think the series went downhill a while ago, but most people don't agree with that.

All the stupid press meetings, which are basically the same every time, are just stupid and pointless.

Also, when you start as a new team, and you decide to bench somebody for like 4 games, who used to play semi-regularly, they will complain ridiculously quickly.

Just made the whole experience frustrating and like it wasn't even about the tactics, just how you treat the players/press.

I finished the first Uncharted a few weeks ago. I was pretty disappointed. The gameplay seemed very inconsistent. The platforming sections were pretty fun, but sometimes it felt like I'd jump 2 feet and sometimes I'd jump 20 feet, doing almost the exact same thing with the controller. The combat sections just got annoying towards the end. "Walk 10 feet, get ambushed by a bunch of enemies, walk 10 feet, get ambushed, etc., etc" seemed like what they had in mind when creating the game. The final "boss" was also incredibly lame, and the dude having a one-shot kill gun with aimbot at the end was the most annoying thing I experienced in a game where I thought a lot of things were fairly annoying.

Overall, it was a pretty fun game, but it had tons of flaws. I have Uncharted 2, and I'll be playing that soon. I hope they fixed most of the things I had problems with.

Occupying myself with the Uncharted series until Skyrim gets patched.

Are they definitely releasing one?

I finished the first Uncharted a few weeks ago. I was pretty disappointed. The gameplay seemed very inconsistent. The platforming sections were pretty fun, but sometimes it felt like I'd jump 2 feet and sometimes I'd jump 20 feet, doing almost the exact same thing with the controller. The combat sections just got annoying towards the end. "Walk 10 feet, get ambushed by a bunch of enemies, walk 10 feet, get ambushed, etc., etc" seemed like what they had in mind when creating the game. The final "boss" was also incredibly lame, and the dude having a one-shot kill gun with aimbot at the end was the most annoying thing I experienced in a game where I thought a lot of things were fairly annoying.

Overall, it was a pretty fun game, but it had tons of flaws. I have Uncharted 2, and I'll be playing that soon. I hope they fixed most of the things I had problems with.

The second one is amazing. I cant remember too much of the first, i enjoyed it but not as much as the second. the humour is good also. my only gripe is the "sci-fi" parts they throw in

Agreed to a point. Uncharted 2 has already impressed me over the first though. Haven't even opened Uncharted 3 yet. Can only imagine what it's like.

Are they definitely releasing one?

Yeah, sometime this month.

Edited by Forsaken

You playing it on 360?

On PC, have had very few problems. Love it.

Yeah PC has the least problems, the ES series is pretty much tailor made for the PC.... but unfortunately i'm playing on PS3, which is the most bugged system for Skyrim thus far. Once your saved game file reaches over 10mb, your game is basically unplayable due to lag.... plus the amount of bugs in the game that make quests uncompleteable.

You playing it on 360?

Yeah PC has the least problems, the ES series is pretty much tailor made for the PC.... but unfortunately i'm playing on PS3, which is the most bugged system for Skyrim thus far. Once your saved game file reaches over 10mb, your game is basically unplayable due to lag.... plus the amount of bugs in the game that make quests uncompleteable.

I just hit 6mb with about 40 hours or so.

Maybe I'll try to play something else until the patch is released.

You playing it on 360?

It's tailor made for the PC but the entire control and menu system is designed for an xbox controller.

You playing it on 360?

It's tailor made for the PC but the entire control and menu system is designed for an xbox controller.

Even if that's true, surely easier with the PC? Far more buttons means I really feel in control - benefit of a keyboard that.

You playing it on 360?

Disagree entirely, I love playing ES games with mouse/keyboard and think they are truly made for the PC. Would've gotten Skyrim on PC if my computer wasn't so shotty.

You playing it on 360?

Disagree entirely, I love playing ES games with mouse/keyboard and think they are truly made for the PC. Would've gotten Skyrim on PC if my computer wasn't so shotty.

The first 3 ES games was optimized for PC, but the last two have been compromised to some degree. Mainly menus.

They are still best played at PC though.