What is rock n' roll to you?

FunkyMonk

This has obviously been done before but whatever, why not have some people express in here.

Just what do you think is rock n' roll to you, attitudes and stuff. What embodies it for you.

Obviously no one is going to have the same view, and it might be hard to put in words, but maybe that's a good thing. It should be something that is hard to put in words, cause it can be so raw and more of a passion thing.

Just a few short words, statments and the like. No need to write some big essay.

Just thinking about it..and rock n' roll is just a fuck you to whatever you are fed up with at the time. An outlet for whoever who wants it. It should be unbridled passion. Something that should always be renewed when someone thinks it's getting stale. Rub the opposite way, against the grain to whats happening.

Kind of just a bit there, just what I've been glancing over in my head. Guess it might sound a bit like a punk attitude, but hey..punk is rock n' roll too. Stripped down and the way it should be.

I'm off to bed...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Just another genre, with it's highs and lows, which unfortunately appeals to more stupid people than any other.

Just another genre, with it's highs and lows, which unfortunately appeals to more stupid people than any other.

Oh come on...that's a bit harsh. Fair enough that you might not be into rock much anymore, but other genres have a lot more stupid people.

Oh come on...that's a bit harsh. Fair enough that you might not be into rock much anymore, but other genres have a lot more stupid people.

No, not at all. My observation has nothing to do with how much I'm into Rock either. It's true, just take a look around you. Stupid, sexist, racist white men tend to like Rock more than any other genre. They only see it for it's aggressive overtones and miss out on a big part of the picture. Like I said, its unfortunate.

No, not at all. My observation has nothing to do with how much I'm into Rock either. It's true, just take a look around you. Stupid, sexist, racist white men tend to like Rock more than any other genre. They only see it for it's aggressive overtones and miss out on a big part of the picture. Like I said, its unfortunate.

Is it possible that by your conclusion you have become just as ignorant as those of which you speak? :drevil:

If you concentrate on the idiots around you then that is who you are always going to see. Fair play that rock has ignorant people in it (myself included), but you look to other genres such as country (thanks zint)and rap and you will see more of the stupid people I think.

Rock is a little smarter than extreme metal ;)

...I just realised what I said has no point really, but whatever. I guess I'm just stupid.

If you concentrate on the idiots around you then that is who you are always going to see. Fair play that rock has ignorant people in it (myself included), but you look to other genres such as country (thanks zint)and rap and you will see more of the stupid people I think.

...I just realised what I said has no point really, but whatever. I guess I'm just stupid.

no...you're not stupid

what you said is true,there's "stupid" in all genres..but the scale also tips in the other direction,there's plenty of intelligent,articulate,intellectual elements as well

Nothing against ODS...but pretentious,elitist,condescending attitudes towards rock and roll amongst blues purists has existed for decades.

lest we forget that rock and roll evolved from the blues.. ;)

Edited by zint61

no...you're not stupid

what you said is true,there's "stupid" in all genres..but the scale also tips in the other direction,there's plenty of intelligent,articulate,intellectual elements as well

Nothing against ODS...but pretentious,elitist,condescending attitudes towards rock and roll amongst blues purists has existed for decades.

lest we forget that rock and roll evolved from the blues.. ;)

You can really fuck off with all that purist shit. I'm just saying that it's unfortunate, and although you may not want to believe it, it is worse in Rock than in Country and Rap, because it appeals to a greater segment of the general population.

I am a Blues musician, do you think most people I play for really understand where the music is coming from? There's a whole "Blues" culture of motorcycles and barbecues that has emerged, and it's really bullshit. I don't think it's as bad as the situation in Rock though.

I am not ragging on Rock, and you will never find me ragging on any genre. I love music. I love Rock and Roll as much as anything else. Like I always say, "it's all the same team". It was just an observation, and if you don't look at it from such a defensive standpoint, you might see that it's not without truth.