06/02/07 Monterrey, Mexico Discussion Thread

GNR 1991

Axl don't know his arse from his elbow any more.I honestly don't have any faith that CD will drop ever.Axl has learnt that delaying the album all the time does not really cause him any problems, until somebody puts a rocket up his arse he will keep delaying CD.Its like being a junkie, you have to reach the lowest point before you help yourself.That point will be when the lable drop and sue him, which will happen a lot sonner than some people think.

Almost surprised it hasn't happened yet. It just shows how big a seller the label knows Axl can be. But yeah, eventually it'll come to that if Axl doesn't get it rolling, it has to.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl don't know his arse from his elbow any more.I honestly don't have any faith that CD will drop ever.Axl has learnt that delaying the album all the time does not really cause him any problems, until somebody puts a rocket up his arse he will keep delaying CD.Its like being a junkie, you have to reach the lowest point before you help yourself.That point will be when the lable drop and sue him, which will happen a lot sonner than some people think.

Almost surprised it hasn't happened yet. It just shows how big a seller the label knows Axl can be. But yeah, eventually it'll come to that if Axl doesn't get it rolling, it has to.

The record company are not putting any money into anything the band does until they get a record (they like).

Therefore there's no reason for them to drop the band, especially if the album is in the mixing phase (the most advanced stage it has ever been).

So if the album does come out they would be the ones to release it, and if not they aren't really losing any more money by keeping them on.

LP

Are there any pics, vids or audio posted yet? Sorry but im a on a slow connection and theres 30 pages already !! Are the pics near the beginning, middle of end of the thread ?

Thanks !!

Anybody ??? This is the conncert review thread isnt it?

I'm from Mexico and I will see on Tusday for the very first time to GNR, I don´t care if the show starts 2 o 3 hrs late, that always happend (for what i read).

The setlist I thing its very good, and I don´t have any problem with that and I think that a lot of people thinks like I do.

We only want to see GNR, maybe soft GNR fans will expect other thing, but no the ones that know what its going on whith the band.

Waiting for June 5¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

The record company are not putting any money into anything the band does until they get a record (they like).

Therefore there's no reason for them to drop the band, especially if the album is in the mixing phase (the most advanced stage it has ever been).

So if the album does come out they would be the ones to release it, and if not they aren't really losing any more money by keeping them on.

LP

Yeah, but they aren't making any money either. Suing him would be a way for them to possibly re-coup their investment. They probably don't need to drop the band to do that though. Then again, maybe they re-coup some of their investment from the tours. Who knows, they could possibly start to turn a profit on their investment after the Chinese Democracy 2019 Tour. :tongue2:

Are there any pics, vids or audio posted yet? Sorry but im a on a slow connection and theres 30 pages already !! Are the pics near the beginning, middle of end of the thread ?

Thanks !!

I don't think anyone has posted anything, other than shots of the arena and the band meeting fans before the gig. HBK posted those, and it would have been near the start of this thread I think. Or it could be in the update thread. I'll try to find you a link.

Well here it is, in the pics thread!: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=96108

Edited by KBear

.... I've got absolutely no interest in this tour unless they start playing new, unheard material and Axl and the boys can get their shit together and start showing respect for the people that spend their hard-earned money on purchasing tickets to see these GNR shows....

Does this mean you'll stop writing posts to diss the band in concert threads that you're not even attending? If so - good!

As others have mentioned many many times in this thread already - the band had not played in Mexico and the fans there had not seen this show. They would want to see the the band play the classics. If Axl's new band had never played in NYC - and decided during his first visit here that he'd only play a bunch songs nobody had ever heard and would not play any of the old classics, I would have been annoyed. People want to hear the classics.

Also, Axl can't really add a bunch of new songs to the setlist until the album drops. If he did, the songs would be recorded and posted as MP3s on the Net before the band even left the stage. Also, people wouldn't recognize the songs, which would make it tough to keep the energy and momentum going at the show.

However, I do agree with your comment about the late start and how it's not very respectful toward the fans.

I don't live in Mexico and I'm not going to spend the money to go see GNR there. As a matter of fact, I'm not going to spend the money to see GNR unless they change the way they handle their touring. I love the new music and I still like some of the old material but the fact remains that Axl persists with his incessant touring for an album that has NO RELEASE DATE in site and primarily plays songs from an album(s) that has long since passed. This is the 'Chinese Democracy Tour' III. There have been too many fits and starts with their touring. 2002 was a joke. The MTV VMAs in 2002 were a joke. And the funny thing is....it was never about the new band's ability to handle playing the material. It was always about Axl's inability to handle the vocals properly. He sounded like a winded 40-year old during the VMAs and at many points during the 2002 tour. Don't get me wrong, he did sing some memorable concerts in '02 and again in '06, but this guy is RARELY SPOT-ON.

As to your comment about fans recording mp3s and uploading them to the internet....who gives a shit? Ever heard of the Smashing Pumpkins? They are encouraging their fans to record audio and VIDEO on their current tour. The band has stated that they will play unheard material (that does not appear on their forthcoming album) at certain dates along the tour and may play material that was written THAT EVENING for the show. GNR will obviously NEVER do something like this. In addition, the Smashing Pumpkins are playing most of the material off their new album that will not be released until July.

Axl prefers to persist with the GNR name and play old hits that were co-written by the likes of Slash, Duff, and Izzy. Rose continues to ride on the coattails of his old successes and refuses to acknowledge the skill and talent of this new band to write and perform their own material.

LP

Yeah, but they aren't making any money either. Suing him would be a way for them to possibly re-coup their investment. They probably don't need to drop the band to do that though. Then again, maybe they re-coup some of their investment from the tours. Who knows, they could possibly start to turn a profit on their investment after the Chinese Democracy 2019 Tour. :tongue2:

Thanks !!

I don't think anyone has posted anything, other than shots of the arena and the band meeting fans before the gig. HBK posted those, and it would have been near the start of this thread I think. Or it could be in the update thread. I'll try to find you a link.

Oh I understand your point, I'm just saying there's not need for the company to drop them. If they have to wait until Axl dies to release the CD they will still make money I think they'll just show no interest until the CD is in their hands and therefore there's no need to drop GNR.

LP

But Longpig, dropping them, or the threat of dropping them, might actually force Axl's hand as he probably knows he'd have a difficult time finding a credible new suitor. The move would also send a message to other artists that they can't fuck the label over like this...

Not only was the setlist lame, but Bubblefoot is STILL doing the Don't Cry solo. That is hilarious. These guys just refuse to change up ANYTHING.

Lame setlist? ...he's playing "The Best Of Guns N' Roses" to the people who haven't heard Axl sing sense the 80's and you morons telling us is a lame setlist?

Oh, so suddenly you want Axl catering to Mexican mulletheads with an AFD setlist! :rofl-lol:

Seriously, believe it or not, the people of Mexico have had that album for up to 20 years, do have internet access and may actually know what the hell is going on. They aren't just being let out of a 1987 cave. Your logic is hilarious!

so what?...name one 80's 90's band that doesn't play their "best off" in their setlist? go ahead :lol: some of the biggest bands out there starting with Metallica do just that, even though they have a bunch of new songs they could do.

you people are fucking idiots who complain about this!...seriously! :lol:

Listen, when Chi Dem comes out they will play more new songs and stop playing some old. That will happen. The question is why is it taking so long to get to that point? We were told March 6th is a reasonable target release date ( :lol: ), we were told that mixing had started like two months ago, and here we are with a new tour that is exactly the same thing as what they did one year ago. That's the point man! Of course you can't play a set list of all new songs yet, but why is it taking so long to get to the point where they can?

Where is the album update? Where is at least one new song? You'd think that a new tour three freaking months after the tentative release date would bring some news. Don't tell me that they can't add some new tunes. Before UYI hit, the band played lots of new songs from it. VR plays lots of new songs from Libertad. Axl just needs to introduce the new songs properly, at least that would give the audience some context of what the song is all about. Instead they just go right into the song assuming that fans know what it is, then 95% of them just sit there in stunned silence. The same thing as 2006 just tells me that we may be no closer to getting this album. That shouldn't be the case at this stage. And that's my whole point...I'm not bitching because I don't get to hear some mp3 of a new song that got played. It's just that the lack of new songs or news about the album from Axl's mouth last night means the album's release just isn't as close as most of us had hoped.

What keeps a band relevant is releasing new music, playing new songs. GN'R are not has beens, but keeping on playing a Greatest Hits set list is exactly what has been bands do. Axl needs to break this cycle as soon as possible, and get this thing out the door like he said he would. When this tour wraps up in July there's a good chance we will have zero news, and it boggles my mind that a lot of you guys just don't seem to care!

And just for you: :lol:

Good post.

CHIDEM is not coming out anytime soon.

The band is good but i wonder whats holding up the album. :confused:

O.k. Axl, you know everything..

super ultra quick notes before my full review

both opening bands sucked, but the wait for GNR was pathetic. More on this later.

show was very fast paced and cut short a few songs (encore) due to the band getting on stage late ( at about 1 am, after 2 hours without any band playing ).

Crowd forgot the 2 hours lateness as soon as the band began playing

Tommy looked HORRIBLE, sick, like if had just waken up of a coma. Almost like moe the bartender from the simpsons. Richard was scary, wont surprise me if he was dancing with mr.brownstone. Finck looks old, BBF has a new, slimmer image. No doubt about it he was the coolest looking of 'em all. Had huge shoes.

very dissapointing for me that there was no encore, but overall i guess it was a good show.

Any specific questions?

Thanks. If Tommy looked sick, maybe he wasn't feeling well? Perhaps this could have been why the show started so late?

Were people angry about the delay? Were you worried about a riot at any point?

How did the band sound? Was Axl's voice "on?"

Did people start leaving the show early because of the time?

I dont know about Tommy. He just didn't look OK. I mean, it was shocking to see how bad he looked. I don't know why the show started so late, but i'm pretty sure something happened between the 2nd band ending and guns suppossed time to take the stage. Right after maligno ( last opening band ) ended, all the GNR crew were all smile and laughs (even del james), but as the time went on (about an hour or so) most of them looked nervous, like if the show was just about to get cancelled.

People were angry about the delay and a little portion of the crowd did leave. 3 or 4 beers went fliying straight to the stage in the waiting time, and when guns went on ( during Live And Let Die, i believe ) one empty bottle of beer almost hit axl. He didn't seem to care tought.

I couldnt really tell who was playing what, but it might have been because i was very close to the stage, but i can def. tell that axl still has his 2006 voice, the 2002 is gone. The first line in the scream part of better was a little bit off.

Fuckin Bullshit.. Motherfucker.. Can't you assholes be happy he's on stage and doing the fucking Chinese Democracy tour?

It's official.....if the tour continues in this fashion, then it is total bullshit. Waiting until 1:00 AM to get onstage? WTF?! There are so many other great bands that have no difficulty getting onstage by 10:00pm everynight, why does GNR get to wait until 1:00 AM? This bands is not out there to play for their fans. There are other motives and money is obviously the most likely answer. They're playing the same setlist.....surprise, surprise. I've got absolutely no interest in this tour unless they start playing new, unheard material and Axl and the boys can get their shit together and start showing respect for the people that spend their hard-earned money on purchasing tickets to see these GNR shows. Axl may think that he doesn't need fans and, personally I believe, if he continues to act disrespectfully towards them, then he SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY.

Dude, Go away.

CHIDEM is not coming out anytime soon.

The band is good but i wonder whats holding up the album. :confused:

O.k. Axl, you know everything..

super ultra quick notes before my full review

both opening bands sucked, but the wait for GNR was pathetic. More on this later.

show was very fast paced and cut short a few songs (encore) due to the band getting on stage late ( at about 1 am, after 2 hours without any band playing ).

Crowd forgot the 2 hours lateness as soon as the band began playing

Tommy looked HORRIBLE, sick, like if had just waken up of a coma. Almost like moe the bartender from the simpsons. Richard was scary, wont surprise me if he was dancing with mr.brownstone. Finck looks old, BBF has a new, slimmer image. No doubt about it he was the coolest looking of 'em all. Had huge shoes.

very dissapointing for me that there was no encore, but overall i guess it was a good show.

Any specific questions?

Thanks. If Tommy looked sick, maybe he wasn't feeling well? Perhaps this could have been why the show started so late?

Were people angry about the delay? Were you worried about a riot at any point?

How did the band sound? Was Axl's voice "on?"

Did people start leaving the show early because of the time?

I dont know about Tommy. He just didn't look OK. I mean, it was shocking to see how bad he looked. I don't know why the show started so late, but i'm pretty sure something happened between the 2nd band ending and guns suppossed time to take the stage. Right after maligno ( last opening band ) ended, all the GNR crew were all smile and laughs (even del james), but as the time went on (about an hour or so) most of them looked nervous, like if the show was just about to get cancelled.

People were angry about the delay and a little portion of the crowd did leave. 3 or 4 beers went fliying straight to the stage in the waiting time, and when guns went on ( during Live And Let Die, i believe ) one empty bottle of beer almost hit axl. He didn't seem to care tought.

I couldnt really tell who was playing what, but it might have been because i was very close to the stage, but i can def. tell that axl still has his 2006 voice, the 2002 is gone. The first line in the scream part of better was a little bit off.

Fuckin Bullshit.. Motherfucker.. Can't you assholes be happy he's on stage and doing the fucking Chinese Democracy tour?

Axlrosehogan,

Regarding your first reply.

Yes, in fact that person does know everything. If you can post a release date with a good back up source, than I will believe that Chinese Democracy will come out this year. So far, we have had NO updates whatsoever. Look at the whole situation, I don't think Axl gives a shit about Chinese Democracy.

Regarding your second reply.

No, he is not doing a Chinese Democracy tour and the set list proves that. If it was a Chinese Democracy tour, there would be more Chinese Democracy songs on the set list and perhaps Axl would say something regarding the album? Also, there isn't an official name for the tour. Some people think it's called Chinese Democracy Tour 2007 while others think it's just called Guns N' Roses World Tour 2007.

And for you pegasuskid or whatever, stop acting like an asshole. I don't know what your deal is, but I don't want to be apart of it. -_-

Edited by Rock_N'_Roll

^^You feel sorry for the fans who attended the shows? I'll bet you anything that those attending had an awesome time.

They were probably half passed out due to the late start time. In my opinion the fans got fucked over tonight but that's just my opinion.

Dude, they're an audience of people who would have preferred to hear Nightrain or Patience as opposed to Madagascar or Chinese Democracy.

As stated - if you look at the clips posted on newgnr, the crowd was completely nuts for the show. You're just totally wrong.

I'm just saying I think he owed it to the crowd to play longer and that doesn't necessarily mean playing new songs. He could have played Used To Love Her, Rocket Queen, Down On The Farm, and Civil War.

But you don't know the circumstances. You don't know why they went on so late (a lot later than usual), you don't know whether they had a curfew, you don't know whether they could or couldn't have played longer...

They still played a 2+ hour show. Most bands barely make it to 2... the audience got their money's worth. I feel sorry for them having to wait so long - and if it happens to me, i'll be annoyed too... but until we know why they did, then I don't think it's fair to criticise either way.

Obviously they went on so late because that's when Mr Rose felt like taking the stage. The whole band, probably minus Axl, had been there and soundchecked earlier on. If you Highvoltage as a die hard fan went to tonights show you'd be pissed off at the setlist you got. I hope when he comes to Australia he gives you guys the killer show and setlist you deserve.

Killer and deserving setlist? WTF? The setlist they delivered, bar maybe 3 other songs, is what the fans that are attending want. Until the album drops, you aren't gonna hear anything new, fortunately, cause then there aren't any surprises.

Exactly!!

are Subpop still in bussiness?

I'm sure they would help out, should Gn'R become desparate :D

/Google's 'subpop' - looks like they are still in bussiness - Subpop

Edited by dobadog

I bet you Brain is enjoying his time off. He probably reads the updates on these boards and laughs at the late start times and the setlist the band is still playing from 2002, with the exception of last years leaks of course. When Mr Mantia comes back things will finally start rolling

Edited by Randy Lahey

I bet you Brain is enjoying his time off. He probably reads the updates on these boards and laughs at the late start times and the setlist the band is still playing from 2002, with the exception of last years leaks of course. When Mr Mantia comes back things will finally start rolling

so we won't be seeing Brain for a while then ;)

If the band goes on late people drink more. less likely to know sutle mistakes made by the band. Spend more money. Honestly ,The real reason chin democracy isn't out isn't because the albums not done. It's because there is going to be new technology introduced so no one will be able to burn copies. One way or another when the technology arrives so does the tunes. until then we might never get an album.

anyone who says they aren't playing "new" songs cause they will get bootlegged is fucking kidding themselves! I saw Velvet Revolver almost a month ago now, their NEW Album comes out in a month and they played ALL kinds of new stuff, and it was fucking killer too, "the last fight" is going to be a monster single later this summer, what a great song about a guy who is leaving for Iraq the next day and is having the last fight with his girl, probably for the rest of his life.

Anyone who thinks Axl is going to let us hear any more of CD, before it comes out is just plain stupid. Who are you kidding? He has made us wait 14 years for thoses songs and you think hes get let us get a first impression from a live performance :rofl-lol: Seriously, Axl aint gonna let us hear anything new until CD comes out.

And the song about the guy going to Iraq- that is gay. Why not sing about something you really know about? Its pretty obvois they are making a song for the general public/radio with that one..... :rolleyes:

And WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PICS FROM THE SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :question:

anyone who says they aren't playing "new" songs cause they will get bootlegged is fucking kidding themselves! I saw Velvet Revolver almost a month ago now, their NEW Album comes out in a month and they played ALL kinds of new stuff, and it was fucking killer too, "the last fight" is going to be a monster single later this summer, what a great song about a guy who is leaving for Iraq the next day and is having the last fight with his girl, probably for the rest of his life.

dude..that is a song Scott wrote fighting with his wife at the hotel room about his crack habet....don't kidd yerself! :lol:

Here is the song....it goes something like this

No mo crack, this is the last fight

No mo crack, honey we be alright

No mo crack, biatch STFU!

No mo crack, biatch now suck mah cock!