06/02/07 Monterrey, Mexico Discussion Thread

GNR 1991

Not only was the setlist lame, but Bubblefoot is STILL doing the Don't Cry solo. That is hilarious. These guys just refuse to change up ANYTHING.

:lol::rofl-lol::lol:

Lame setlist? ...he's playing "The Best Of Guns N' Roses" to the people who haven't heard Axl sing sense the 80's and you morons telling us is a lame setlist? :lol:

:rofl-lol:

Oh, so suddenly you want Axl catering to Mexican mulletheads with an AFD setlist! :rofl-lol:

Seriously, believe it or not, the people of Mexico have had that album for up to 20 years, do have internet access and may actually know what the hell is going on. They aren't just being let out of a 1987 cave. Your logic is hilarious!

BTW, no one's saying they have to eliminate the classics and play all of CD. But how about a couple song changeup such as Civil War instead of OTGM. Or do you not think the Mexican people could handle such a radical change?!! :tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only was the setlist lame, but Bubblefoot is STILL doing the Don't Cry solo. That is hilarious. These guys just refuse to change up ANYTHING.

:lol::rofl-lol::lol:

Lame setlist? ...he's playing "The Best Of Guns N' Roses" to the people who haven't heard Axl sing sense the 80's and you morons telling us is a lame setlist? :lol:

This man speaks the truth.

Had huge shoes.

yeah man thanks for the review.

So did they play Rocket Queen or not :mellow: ?

No

PHOTOS PLEASE!

Digital Camaras were not allowed.. BUT, a guy who looked EXACTLY like will ferrell managed to sneak his in, and will be sending the photos to me tonight or tomorrow. I'll post 'em asap.

Oh, so suddenly you want Axl catering to Mexican mulletheads with an AFD setlist! :rofl-lol:

Seriously, believe it or not, the people of Mexica have had that album for up to 20 years, do have internet access and may actually know what the hell is going on. They aren't just being let out of a 1987 cave. Your logic is hilarious!

BTW, no one's saying they have to eliminate the classics and play all of the Illusions. But how about a couple song changeup such as Civil War instead of OTGM. Or do you not think the Mexican people could handle such a radical change?!! :tongue2:

Actually, there were A LOT of mexican mulletheads, in fact, a lot of mexicans dressed as glam-axl (jungle video style) hilarious.

OHHHH , forgott to mention this. Inside the arena, in the ( i suppose ) official t-shirt stand , they were selling the not-official dvds ( such as the ones in that appear in amazon but have no relation to the band ). I cant explain it, since GNR camp i believe has no relationship with the makers of those. Any explanation?

They were selling this :

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-N-Drugs-Rock-Rol...6732&sr=1-5 (Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll )

and this one :

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-Ch...732&sr=1-19 (Live In Chicago)

In the official merch stand. WTF???????

This is weird. :huh:

The Sex/Drugs DVD was one of the most poorly researched, uninformed bios ever done on the band. It got ripped to shreds by anybody who saw it - It was a joke.

As for the Chicago DVD - it's strange that they'd be selling a DVD of the original lineup at a new GNR concert. :huh:

Did they sell the GNR scented candles? I think HRS would want to know this. ;)

OHHHH , forgott to mention this. Inside the arena, in the ( i suppose ) official t-shirt stand , they were selling the not-official dvds ( such as the ones in that appear in amazon but have no relation to the band ). I cant explain it, since GNR camp i believe has no relationship with the makers of those. Any explanation?

They were selling this :

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-N-Drugs-Rock-Rol...6732&sr=1-5 (Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll )

and this one :

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-Ch...732&sr=1-19 (Live In Chicago)

In the official merch stand. WTF???????

This is weird. :huh:

The Sex/Drugs DVD was one of the most poorly researched, uninformed bios ever done on the band. It got ripped to shreds by anybody who saw it - It was a joke.

As for the Chicago DVD - it's strange that they'd be selling a DVD of the original lineup at a new GNR concert. :huh:

Did they sell the GNR scented candles? I think HRS would want to know this. ;)

LOL, actually i was looking for one of those. The official store had those bootleg dvds, a poster (with the same design as the one in the street ad HBK posted) and 2 t-shirts with the new circle and star logo (gray and yellow i think)

Outside of the arena there were a lot of bootleg stands, and had a couple of cool bootleg t-shirts, including the kill your idols one.

.... I've got absolutely no interest in this tour unless they start playing new, unheard material and Axl and the boys can get their shit together and start showing respect for the people that spend their hard-earned money on purchasing tickets to see these GNR shows....

Does this mean you'll stop writing posts to diss the band in concert threads that you're not even attending? If so - good!

As others have mentioned many many times in this thread already - the band had not played in Mexico and the fans there had not seen this show. They would want to see the the band play the classics. If Axl's new band had never played in NYC - and decided during his first visit here that he'd only play a bunch songs nobody had ever heard and would not play any of the old classics, I would have been annoyed. People want to hear the classics.

Also, Axl can't really add a bunch of new songs to the setlist until the album drops. If he did, the songs would be recorded and posted as MP3s on the Net before the band even left the stage. Also, people wouldn't recognize the songs, which would make it tough to keep the energy and momentum going at the show.

However, I do agree with your comment about the late start and how it's not very respectful toward the fans.

LOL, actually i was looking for one of those. The official store had those bootleg dvds, a poster (with the same design as the one in the street ad HBK posted) and 2 t-shirts with the new circle and star logo (gray and yellow i think)

Outside of the arena there were a lot of bootleg stands, and had a couple of cool bootleg t-shirts, including the kill your idols one.

Well, someone in the GNR camp is dropping the ball if the bootleg stands are getting more business than the official one. The band relies on ticket and concession sales to make money. If the money is going to little entrepreneurs outside the venue, then that's not helping the band.

Well. I'm going to breakfast (9.33am here in tj) Hopefully by the time i got back the guy who has the photos will send them to me and i'll be able to post them.

Cool.

Thanks for telling us all about the show.

:lol:

Seriously, believe it or not, the people of Mexico have had that album for up to 20 years, do have internet access and may actually know what the hell is going on. They aren't just being let out of a 1987 cave. Your logic is hilarious!

so what?...name one 80's 90's band that doesn't play their "best off" in their setlist? go ahead :lol: some of the biggest bands out there starting with Metallica do just that, even though they have a bunch of new songs they could do.

you people are fucking idiots who complain about this!...seriously! :lol:

so what?...name one 80's 90's band that doesn't play their "best off" in their setlist? go ahead :lol: some of the biggest bands out there starting with Metallica do just that, even though they have a bunch of new songs they could do.

Why call it the Chinese Democracy tour, when it clearly ain't.

Once the album is out, then they should do a Chinese Democracy tour.

For the moment, the band should do a "Meet the new Members" tour ;)

During the UYI tour, they played many tracks from the UYI records.

Edited by dobadog

Funral, you missed the entire point. As said, no one expects them to eliminate the classics. That would be ridiculously stupid. But is is too much to ask them to substitute a different Illusions track or 2 from what they've been playing on past tours?

How many bands go around playing the same exact setlist like this? And the changeups aren't even usually as much for the fans as it is for the band who typically like a little changeup just to keep it more fresh for themselves. This band has had 10 years to learn the GNR catalog, surely they and the Mexican people could handle this, no?

Added: As said in post above, it's just weird they are calling this the "Chinese Democracy" tour. What the hell are they gonna call it when it actually is the CD tour? :confused:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Because nobody wants to hear the songs form

Black Album/Load/Reload/St Anger

The fans want old Metallica songs

The fans want the old Guns N' Roses songs/old line up

Edited by 4geowobo

It's official.....if the tour continues in this fashion, then it is total bullshit. Waiting until 1:00 AM to get onstage? WTF?! There are so many other great bands that have no difficulty getting onstage by 10:00pm everynight, why does GNR get to wait until 1:00 AM? This bands is not out there to play for their fans. There are other motives and money is obviously the most likely answer. They're playing the same setlist.....surprise, surprise. I've got absolutely no interest in this tour unless they start playing new, unheard material and Axl and the boys can get their shit together and start showing respect for the people that spend their hard-earned money on purchasing tickets to see these GNR shows. Axl may think that he doesn't need fans and, personally I believe, if he continues to act disrespectfully towards them, then he SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY.

well i agree, about being late on stage, thats not fair, to the fans, but about the setlist, if guns came to argentina, i would prefer,this same setlist, over a setlist full of CD tracks

How many albums do these 80's and 90's bands and Metallica have out since you mention it??? And Axl only has 3 full lenghth albums in a 20 year career?? Pathetic.

a small review from someone who was there:

superloconoriega writes: "I was there (Monterrey, Mexico), and you couldnt even fucking hear axl's voice, let alone the live and let die outro. The concert wasnt as great as that guy tries to make it sound"

He was responding to another post by Adelant, who thought the show was kick ass.

what do the suicide girls actually do?

strip

Lame setlist? ...he's playing "The Best Of Guns N' Roses" to the people who haven't heard Axl sing sense the 80's and you morons telling us is a lame setlist?

Listen, when Chi Dem comes out they will play more new songs and stop playing some old. That will happen. The question is why is it taking so long to get to that point? We were told March 6th is a reasonable target release date ( :lol: ), we were told that mixing had started like two months ago, and here we are with a new tour that is exactly the same thing as what they did one year ago. That's the point man! Of course you can't play a set list of all new songs yet, but why is it taking so long to get to the point where they can?

Where is the album update? Where is at least one new song? You'd think that a new tour three freaking months after the tentative release date would bring some news. Don't tell me that they can't add some new tunes. Before UYI hit, the band played lots of new songs from it. VR plays lots of new songs from Libertad. Axl just needs to introduce the new songs properly, at least that would give the audience some context of what the song is all about. Instead they just go right into the song assuming that fans know what it is, then 95% of them just sit there in stunned silence. The same thing as 2006 just tells me that we may be no closer to getting this album. That shouldn't be the case at this stage. And that's my whole point...I'm not bitching because I don't get to hear some mp3 of a new song that got played. It's just that the lack of new songs or news about the album from Axl's mouth last night means the album's release just isn't as close as most of us had hoped.

What keeps a band relevant is releasing new music, playing new songs. GN'R are not has beens, but keeping on playing a Greatest Hits set list is exactly what has been bands do. Axl needs to break this cycle as soon as possible, and get this thing out the door like he said he would. When this tour wraps up in July there's a good chance we will have zero news, and it boggles my mind that a lot of you guys just don't seem to care!

And just for you: :lol:

Edited by KBear

Axl don't know his arse from his elbow any more.I honestly don't have any faith that CD will drop ever.Axl has learnt that delaying the album all the time does not really cause him any problems, until somebody puts a rocket up his arse he will keep delaying CD.Its like being a junkie, you have to reach the lowest point before you help yourself.That point will be when the lable drop and sue him, which will happen a lot sonner than some people think.

Axl don't know his arse from his elbow any more.I honestly don't have any faith that CD will drop ever.Axl has learnt that delaying the album all the time does not really cause him any problems, until somebody puts a rocket up his arse he will keep delaying CD.Its like being a junkie, you have to reach the lowest point before you help yourself.That point will be when the lable drop and sue him, which will happen a lot sonner than some people think.

It`s amazing that anyone want this band on their label..

" we have a band that never release music in our label" how nice.. :laugh:

It`s amazing that anyone want this band on their label..

" we have a band that never release music in our label" how nice.. :laugh:

The question is if they get booted. who would take them on?