06/02/07 Monterrey, Mexico Discussion Thread

GNR 1991

I figured they would play some new songs unreal how he keeps doing this to us. He is pitiful doesnt he want toexpand or is it just about the cash. WOW they suck to true fans they are stale but alot of people havent seen it I guess

hold on a fucking second...he is doing this to "us" as in you being included in who he is doing "this" to. If you haven't noticed, they are playing in Mexico tonight which is a place they have NOT hit yet. Therefore, he is gunna give the fans out there the same songs he gave to the fans in the other countries that the band has played. It worked out here, so why not use the same songs out there. Even after an entire tour in '06, I still haven't come close to figuring out how fans who sit on their fucking computer and get text messages from the people who are actually at the show(and havign a blast) can fucking complain about the setlist. Axl and the guys aren't playing shows just so you can build a bigger collection of bootlegs and hear an entire album before it's released. They play shows to the fans who want to see live rock n' fucking roll. You mention the true fans(the internet fans again I guess). Do you really expect them to play different sogns for a group of under a thousand people..songs that the 12,000 or so in the arena tonight would LOVE to hear. Yahhh, I don't think so man. I don't know where the fuck you live or how many shows you've gone to but I know that on the last tour, I saw them 4 times(in which 3 shows were in a span of 4 nights) and got the close to the same setlist all 4 times, but fuck did I enjoy myself and have a great time each of the 4 times. By the way, TRUE fans don't say that their favorite band "sucks" because of the decision of songs they play.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I checked Mexico wasn't Australia.

Well of course, but basically my point is that there are different names for this tour.

My point is, your a douche

Why are you being rude? He made a legitimate point that the tour does not always mention "Chinese Democracy" as part of the promotion in every country.

It was my legitimate opinion that he is a douche.

Perhaps you missed my post the first time: We don't allow personal attacks and name-calling on the forum.

It's OK to disagree with someone's opinion - but it's not OK to make personal insults.

I suggest you follow this rule if you wish to continue posting here.

I figured they would play some new songs unreal how he keeps doing this to us. He is pitiful doesnt he want toexpand or is it just about the cash. WOW they suck to true fans they are stale but alot of people havent seen it I guess

In fairness - Axl can't really play a bunch of new songs (that we haven't already heard) until the album comes out. If he did that, they'd be bootlegged and up on an MP3 on the Net before the show was over. Also, people wouldn't recognize the songs, which would make it tougher to keep the audience energy up at shows.

This is exactly right. Don't criticise the setlist - criticise the fact that the album isn't out. That's the whole reason we aren't hearing more new songs.

The crowd goes dead when they hear one new song. Imagine a setlist full of them... it just wouldn't work at this point.

Tru. Lets face it the average fan wants to hear the classics and a few new ones. Hell, thats what I wanna see. Yea, they could mix it up a little but till CD drops mayble not.

Oh please, that's such horseshit.

I saw VR play 5 or 6 new songs in LA and I don't remember the "energy getting drained". As a matter of fact, I remember people going fucking nuts all night long.

Yeah but Guns n Roses songs have a longer legacy than that of velvet revolver. People have much more of a connection with the old guns songs. The average fan at the shows want to hear all the old classics and probly expect it.

Edited by pegasuskid

Oh please, that's such horseshit.

I saw VR play 5 or 6 new songs in LA and I don't remember the "energy getting drained". As a matter of fact, I remember people going fucking nuts all night long.

Very true!

If your going to play a NEW fast rocker you can skip the introduction, but when you play the new songs that Axl plays there needs to be an introduction. To get the crowd ready at least. This has been my complain on all 4 shows that I went from the last tour.

hold on a fucking second...he is doing this to "us" as in you being included in who he is doing "this" to. If you haven't noticed, they are playing in Mexico tonight which is a place they have NOT hit yet. Therefore, he is gunna give the fans out there the same songs he gave to the fans in the other countries that the band has played. It worked out here, so why not use the same songs out there. Even after an entire tour in '06, I still haven't come close to figuring out how fans who sit on their fucking computer and get text messages from the people who are actually at the show(and havign a blast) can fucking complain about the setlist. Axl and the guys aren't playing shows just so you can build a bigger collection of bootlegs and hear an entire album before it's released. They play shows to the fans who want to see live rock n' fucking roll. You mention the true fans(the internet fans again I guess). Do you really expect them to play different sogns for a group of under a thousand people..songs that the 12,000 or so in the arena tonight would LOVE to hear. Yahhh, I don't think so man. I don't know where the fuck you live or how many shows you've gone to but I know that on the last tour, I saw them 4 times(in which 3 shows were in a span of 4 nights) and got the close to the same setlist all 4 times, but fuck did I enjoy myself and have a great time each of the 4 times. By the way, TRUE fans don't say that their favorite band "sucks" because of the decision of songs they play.

Well said!!! I 100% agree with you.

Velvet Revolver played a bunch of their new songs like a year ago... so it can be done, he just wont do it. Too protective of his 15 (possibly +) year old baby.

Do you always just pull facts out of your ass?

The first time ANY of the songs on Libertad were played was less than 2 months ago in South America. 90% of the people at the LA show probably never heard any of the songs on Youtube before the show.

Edited by Superhuman55

Velvet Revolver played a bunch of their new songs like a year ago... so it can be done, he just wont do it. Too protective of his 15 (possibly +) year old baby.

The first time ANY of the songs on Libertad were played was less than 2 months ago in South America. 90% of the people probably never heard any of the songs on Youtube before the show.

They played some like last April or some shit dude.

You guys are all pussys to say what you think so nice try but pitiful you are i mean pitiful you must just eat grilled cheese sandwihces and smoke dop you loser you stink and obvioulsy you know nothing about a great band and what they play. Velvets show is way better after you have seen the same guns show 5 times BORING BORING BORING dam foo, get out of here.

The first time ANY of the songs on Libertad were played was less than 2 months ago in South America. 90% of the people probably never heard any of the songs on Youtube before the show.

No they didn't.

I guarantee it. They didn't even play any shows last April.

Just stop before you make yourself look like an even bigger fool.

Edited by Superhuman55

You guys are all pussys to say what you think so nice try but pitiful you are i mean pitiful you must just eat grilled cheese sandwihces and smoke dop you loser you stink and obvioulsy you know nothing about a great band and what they play. Velvets show is way better after you have seen the same guns show 5 times BORING BORING BORING dam foo, get out of here.

Ugh, shut the fuck up.

no this april, as in less than two months ago...dude.

and like someone mentioned when they are good, fast rock songs, they just blend in with the rest of the set. When fans come to a guns n' roses show, they expect to hear songs like jungle, brownstone, nightrain, etc, etc. So when they start playing a song like madagascar that is a balad that got fucked in the ass by a synthesizer, yeah the energy is gonna get drained. They don't know the words AND there is no good beat or rythm to get into.

and like someone mentioned when they are good, fast rock songs, they just blend in with the rest of the set. When fans come to a guns n' roses show, they expect to hear songs like jungle, brownstone, nightrain, etc, etc. So when they start playing a song like madagascar that is a balad that got fucked in the ass by a synthesizer, yeah the energy is gonna get drained. They don't know the words AND there is no good beat or rythm to get into.

It's not my fault Axl spent 14 years writing boring songs.

How the hell did a disscusion on the bands current show go into a hurtful bitter conversation

no offence but you poeple are NOT normal

ive been to other band forums and this is the ONLY forum where useless shit like this goes down

For gods sake stop acting like idiots and just accept others opinions and ignore the idiots who attack y

(expects an immature fatass to attack him pointlessly)

I'm not trying to start shit. I'm a fan of both bands.

There is no legit excuse as to why Guns isn't playing new songs. It's as simple as that.

I'm just saying it like it is. The truth hurts sometimes.

Edited by Superhuman55

It's not my fault Axl spent 14 years writing boring songs.

hahahahahaha :rofl-lol: