06/02/07 Monterrey, Mexico Discussion Thread

GNR 1991

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people are talking as if GN'R are late. Here's the running schedule for the Sydney:

Acer Arena, Sydney

Rose Tattoo: 8.05pm - 8.45pm

Sebastian Bach: 9.00pm - 10.00pm

Guns N' Roses: 10.30pm - 12.50am

So as far as I can ascertain, in a set with two opening bands, GN'R are meant to start 2 1/2 hours after the first openers. The first openers played 2 hours and 20 minutes ago, so i don't get how the band is supposedly "late". It just seems like the second opening band didn't play or something, hence the extended wait.

EDIT: So, if i'm right, Guns should start in about 3 minutes from now.

:lol:

Dude,if you're seriously expecting GnR to hit the stage 30 minutes after Bach....prepare yourself for a big surprise!

I don't understand why people are talking as if GN'R are late. Here's the running schedule for the Sydney:

Acer Arena, Sydney

So as far as I can ascertain, in a set with two opening bands, GN'R are meant to start 2 1/2 hours after the first openers. The first openers played 2 hours and 20 minutes ago, so i don't get how the band is supposedly "late". It just seems like the second opening band didn't play or something, hence the extended wait.

Dude,if you're seriously expecting GnR to hit the stage 30 minutes after Bach....prepare yourself for a big surprise!

What you mean Axl Turns up late :o

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I can't understand why people keep complaining about the setlist!!!! Do you really think those 12000 people are all members of MYGNRFORUM and saw all of last year's shows on internet like us? Of course not!!! For 11996 of those 12000 the setlist is new and is a perfect selection of the songs they know, combined with a few new songs of the forthcomming album. Remember that Mexico, Australia, and Japan is 'new' territory, they didn't play there before last year. When they play Europe and the US again, then it would be nice if they change a few songs, but you'll always get your WTTJ, SCOM, MB, ISE, NR, YCBM, and PC because those are the songs which the big crowd wants to hear. Not every visitor of a GNR show is a diehard fan who wants to hear Coma, a song which most of the people don't know and aren't interested in. And the lack of new songs is common sense....they cannot play any new 'new' song before CD is released, because then CD would become a collection of songs which float around the internet for years!!!!

There is no band in this world who go on a world tour and play a different setlist every single night.....so stop your ignorant irritating whining complaints and get a fucking life!!!!!!!!!!!

Acer Arena, Sydney

Hey big boy - I said that when people were saying the band was late.... I was saying that they had PLENTY of time before people could say that they were late. :xmasssanta:

I don't expect to see them onstage before 11.30pm, at the earliest.

same ol setlist..same ol tour with no album..blah blah blah...letsface it..Axl needs money..thats why he is touring.,..

Who cares why hes touring...thank fuck he is!

GNR can play any setlist they like as far as im concerned, as long as they out and not reclusive like before.

super ultra quick notes before my full review

both opening bands sucked, but the wait for GNR was pathetic. More on this later.

show was very fast paced and cut short a few songs (encore) due to the band getting on stage late ( at about 1 am, after 2 hours without any band playing ).

Crowd forgot the 2 hours lateness as soon as the band began playing

Tommy looked HORRIBLE, sick, like if had just waken up of a coma. Almost like moe the bartender from the simpsons. Richard was scary, wont surprise me if he was dancing with mr.brownstone. Finck looks old, BBF has a new, slimmer image. No doubt about it he was the coolest looking of 'em all. Had huge shoes.

very dissapointing for me that there was no encore, but overall i guess it was a good show.

Any specific questions?

both opening bands sucked, but the wait for GNR was pathetic. More on this later.

show was very fast paced and cut short a few songs (encore) due to the band getting on stage late ( at about 1 am, after 2 hours without any band playing ).

Tommy looked HORRIBLE, sick, like if had just waken up of a coma. Almost like moe the bartender from the simpsons. Richard was scary, wont surprise me if he was dancing with mr.brownstone. Finck looks old, BBF has a new, slimmer image. No doubt about it he was the coolest looking of 'em all. Had huge shoes.

very dissapointing for me that there was no encore, but overall i guess it was a good show.

Any specific questions?

Thanks. If Tommy looked sick, maybe he wasn't feeling well? Perhaps this could have been why the show started so late?

Were people angry about the delay? Were you worried about a riot at any point?

How did the band sound? Was Axl's voice "on?"

Did people start leaving the show early because of the time?

(i posted this in the photo's thread, about 5 hours ago)

June 2nd - 2007 - Monterrey Mexico

source: some other Gn'R chat board

Welcome To The Jungle (AFD)

It's So Easy (AFD)

Mr. Brownstone (AFD)

Live And Let Die (UYI)

Robin Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine (AFD)

Better (CD)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (UYI)

You Could Be Mine, Dizzy (UYI)

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo - Angie (Rolling Stones?)

The Blues (CD)

Richard & Robin Guitar Duet

Out Ta Get Me (AFD)

November Rain (UYI)

IRS (CD)

Ron Guitar Solo - Don't Cry :rolleyes:

My Michelle (AFD)

Patience (LIES)

Nightrain (AFD)

Paradise City (AFD)

It goes to show one thing. The name Gn'R lives on and of off the back of AFD most of all :D

CD makes up very little of the Chinese Democracy world tour ;)

They didn't open with Chinese Democracy (and drop Jungle)

Ron's still doing his Don't Cry thing :rolleyes:

No new tunes - So much for a Chinese Democracy world tour. They didn't even play Chinese Democracy :D

Edited by dobadog

... Ron's still doing his Don't Cry thing :rolleyes:...

Why are you whining about this? Ron actually asked fans if they wanted him to continue playing Don't Cry - and the overwhelming majority said "yes" on this forum and on his forum. I happen to agree. I think it was a great choice - far better than the solos he played when he first joined the band.

Any specific questions?

Thanks. If Tommy looked sick, maybe he wasn't feeling well? Perhaps this could have been why the show started so late?

Were people angry about the delay? Were you worried about a riot at any point?

How did the band sound? Was Axl's voice "on?"

Did people start leaving the show early because of the time?

I dont know about Tommy. He just didn't look OK. I mean, it was shocking to see how bad he looked. I don't know why the show started so late, but i'm pretty sure something happened between the 2nd band ending and guns suppossed time to take the stage. Right after maligno ( last opening band ) ended, all the GNR crew were all smile and laughs (even del james), but as the time went on (about an hour or so) most of them looked nervous, like if the show was just about to get cancelled.

People were angry about the delay and a little portion of the crowd did leave. 3 or 4 beers went fliying straight to the stage in the waiting time, and when guns went on ( during Live And Let Die, i believe ) one empty bottle of beer almost hit axl. He didn't seem to care tought.

I couldnt really tell who was playing what, but it might have been because i was very close to the stage, but i can def. tell that axl still has his 2006 voice, the 2002 is gone. The first line in the scream part of better was a little bit off.

A 2 hr. wait/1am start is unforgivable. Only bright side is it was a weekend unlike when he pulled this in the middle of Iowa on a week night. But having to cut the setlist short because of this just really SUCKS(for everyone except Axl, of course)...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I hope nobody is "dancing with mr Brownstone" in the band. They are parents for god's sake...

Yeah.. i think i went a little bit far on that one, but Fortus DID look crazy. I was right in front of him most of the show, and he kept making weird faces and opening his eyes a la the mask. He just acted very strange.

By the way, there were a couple of instances were people would throw t-shirts to ron, and in one of those instances somebody threw a hat straight to richard's face (accidentaly). he moved his head and evaded it, but i wonder what would have happened if he was hit.

OHHHH , forgott to mention this. Inside the arena, in the ( i suppose ) official t-shirt stand , they were selling the not-official dvds ( such as the ones in that appear in amazon but have no relation to the band ). I cant explain it, since GNR camp i believe has no relationship with the makers of those. Any explanation?

They were selling this :

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-N-Drugs-Rock-Rol...6732&sr=1-5 (Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll )

and this one :

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-Ch...732&sr=1-19 (Live In Chicago)

In the official merch stand. WTF???????

Not only was the setlist lame, but Bubblefoot is STILL doing the Don't Cry solo. That is hilarious. These guys just refuse to change up ANYTHING.

:lol::rofl-lol::lol:

Lame setlist? ...he's playing "The Best Of Guns N' Roses" to the people who haven't heard Axl sing sense the 80's and you morons telling us is a lame setlist? :lol:

:rofl-lol:

It's official.....if the tour continues in this fashion, then it is total bullshit. Waiting until 1:00 AM to get onstage? WTF?! There are so many other great bands that have no difficulty getting onstage by 10:00pm everynight, why does GNR get to wait until 1:00 AM? This bands is not out there to play for their fans. There are other motives and money is obviously the most likely answer. They're playing the same setlist.....surprise, surprise. I've got absolutely no interest in this tour unless they start playing new, unheard material and Axl and the boys can get their shit together and start showing respect for the people that spend their hard-earned money on purchasing tickets to see these GNR shows. Axl may think that he doesn't need fans and, personally I believe, if he continues to act disrespectfully towards them, then he SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY.