Bon Jovi

carsonskitz

b.j. needs to go back to their old roots the new crap sucks.

the new stuff is good imo, but yeh i would love to hear something like dry county again...that stuff was fuckin amazing

dry county was awsome, i miss the extended guitar solos. The solos on their records these days seem so rushed to shortness. I also agree that these days is one of their best. Its a good album to listen all the way through.

Agreed Dry County Rocks! And yes most solos today are way to short..

yeh im glad he brought dru county and wild is the wind back into some of the shows on lasy years tour

• 4 years later...
Bon Jovi Concert at Hard Rock Calling, London, England Setlist on June 25, 2011

1.Raise Your Hands

2.You Give Love a Bad Name

3.Born to Be My Baby

4.We Weren't Born to Follow

5.Lost Highway

6.It's My Life

7.In These Arms

8.Blaze of Glory

9.Lay Your Hands on Me

10.Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars

11.Bad Medicine / Pretty Woman

12.Hallelujah

(Leonard Cohen cover)

13.When We Were Beautiful

14.I'll Be There For You

15.Who Says You Can't Go Home

16.I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

17.Hey God

18.Have a Nice Day

19.Keep the Faith

Encore:

20.Dry County

21.Wanted Dead or Alive

22.Someday I'll Be Saturday Night

23.Livin' on a Prayer

Encore 2:

24.Always

25.These Days

26.Blood on Blood

Encore 3:

27.I Love This Town

3 hours,3 encore,and Sambora is back in the tour after a month in Rehab. But in a GNR forum,you cant not to say "Bon Jovi can suck my dick",right? :xmassrudolph: :lol:

• 2 years later...

Bon Jovi Rules "Billboard" Magazine's Top 25 Tour List for 2013

Bon Jovi owned the road in 2013. The New Jersey rockers' Because We Can trek was by far the most successful tour of the year, according to Billboard.The band's outing brought in an impressive $205,158,370 in gross earnings in 2013 and sold out all 90 of its dates.

Even with sambora out,they sell out like hell.

Bon Jovi Rules "Billboard" Magazine's Top 25 Tour List for 2013

Bon Jovi owned the road in 2013. The New Jersey rockers' Because We Can trek was by far the most successful tour of the year, according to Billboard.The band's outing brought in an impressive $205,158,370 in gross earnings in 2013 and sold out all 90 of its dates.

Even with sambora out,they sell out like hell.

Jon's ego will only get bigger than it already is.

Meanwhile they're still irrelevant musically...

But maybe that's OK?

Maybe they aren't trying to change the world or make music with a message.

Maybe they just want to put out albums that a couple million people love, and run tours that people enjoy to attend. They were the most successful touring band in 2013, they put out a lot of music for their fans to enjoy, they are a very fan friendly band.........what's so bad about that?

Not every meal has to be steak and lobster. Sometimes a cheeseburger and fries tastes pretty good.

And I agree about These Days.

Hands down, my favorite Bon Jovi album.

I wish they'd kept that style instead of the more adult contemporary pop rock country route they are taking now.

But it's John's band - just like GnR is Axl's band - and he can run it however he wants.

Bon Jovi for me goes up to Bounce. After that it's all garbage with These Days being head and shoulders above all their other albums.

These Days baby! :)

There a couple bright spots after bounce though. The box set kicks ass. (Makes sense since it's left overs from Bounce and earlier). Also, I really liked Lost Highway. I find it to have the most depth of their albums after Bounce. And I dug the county undertones, I think it ended up giving the album a little more of a classic rock vibe. I was very disappointed when they didn't expand on that with the Circle.

The Circle had 1 track that I really like, Work for the Working Man. Not only was it an anthem for me when I was laid off for a while, but I love the baseline. It's a variation of their go to Prayer baseline, but it's updated a little bit and it kinda reminds me of the baseline to MJ's Beat It.

But maybe that's OK?

Maybe they just want to put out albums that a couple million people love, and run tours that people enjoy to attend. They were the most successful touring band in 2013, they put out a lot of music for their fans to enjoy, they are a very fan friendly band.........what's so bad about that?

Not every meal has to be steak and lobster. Sometimes a cheeseburger and fries tastes pretty good.

They are not trying to put albums that a couple million people love. Most criticize him heavily because he just doesn't care, he's releasing shitty albums because he wants more money. People give him that, he keeps doing the same.

But maybe that's OK?

They are not trying to put albums that a couple million people love. Most criticize him heavily because he just doesn't care, he's releasing shitty albums because he wants more money. People give him that, he keeps doing the same.

It's not that he doesn't care, he's putting out what he thinks the majority of his fans want. They did a documentary a few years back call "When we were beautiful" and he explained Crush sold, Bounce didn't, so they are putting out albums more like Crush.

I think he cares to much. The band has had success with everything accept with critical acclaim, I think Jon wants that acclaim and he wants to be relavent. I think that's why he put out an album like Lost Highway, because country pop is becoming popular. And they do write politically charged and socially critical music as well. The Circle was influenced by the financial crisis in '09, and their latest album, What About Now, is supposed to be inspired by the hope of the Obama presidency.

I think they problem is that he wants to do something the critics will praise him for, but he wants it to be commercially successful too, and those two things don't exactly go hand in hand. And I think the result is something that no one is really satisfied with.

But maybe that's OK?

It's not that he doesn't care, he's putting out what he thinks the majority of his fans want. They did a documentary a few years back call "When we were beautiful" and he explained Crush sold, Bounce didn't, so they are putting out albums more like Crush.

I think he cares to much. The band has had success with everything accept with critical acclaim, I think Jon wants that acclaim and he wants to be relavent. I think that's why he put out an album like Lost Highway, because country pop is becoming popular. And they do write politically charged and socially critical music as well. The Circle was influenced by the financial crisis in '09, and their latest album, What About Now, is supposed to be inspired by the hope of the Obama presidency.

I think they problem is that he wants to do something the critics will praise him for, but he wants it to be commercially successful too, and those two things don't exactly go hand in hand. And I think the result is something that no one is really satisfied with.

Mass disappointment - hooray!