GNR were not any different from Poison!

lost in the garden

They both came from the same Mid 80's Hollywood music scene,

both had hairspray, makeup, and the glammy clothes that go with it.

both were influenced by many of the same bands.

Slash even tried out for Poison before he joined GNR.

POISON (1986)

9rkl5f.jpg

GUNS N ROSES (1986)

alrxqq.jpg

Both were good bands, but I think they had their own styles. Guns' songs were alot more complex than Poison's.

The variation on AFD is amazing.

this is a huge pile of shit....poison couldn't write a decent song to save their life...every rose has a thorn is a retarded song, it's so cliche'd and boring that it's almost painful to watch when it comes on on VH1 classic or smth.

guns had that glam look for like a couple of weeks or smth., it just didn't feel right for them, so they ditched it and guns songs (especially illusion era) are way more complex than poison songs, I bet there's not a single poison song with a meter change, and the lyrics are just dumb...that's my take on it, comparing Axl to Brett or Slash to CC Deville is just inappropriate on so many levels... some people may like poison, but I think they just flat out suck and have sucked ever since they formed a band

meh..

I kinda agree though, to me Poison were the dudes who talked about how great last night's party was and how hot the chicks where, and GNR were the dudes, who talked about the chick at the party who s*cked off the dealer for a hit.

Edited by SunnyDRE

this is a huge pile of shit....poison couldn't write a decent song to save their life...every rose has a thorn is a retarded song, it's so cliche'd and boring that it's almost painful to watch when it comes on on VH1 classic or smth.

Nothin' wrong with a great "feel good" pop song, even if it is cliched. F*ck, I would argue this sh*t world needs more of them..

Edited by SunnyDRE

Try listening to both debut albums back to back. Call me crazy, but I think there's a slight difference there.

..listen to Motley's Too Fast..and Appetite.. back to back. Call me crazy, but I there are a lot of similarities there.

POISON (1986)

9rkl5f.jpg

GUNS N ROSES (1986)

alrxqq.jpg

Slash,Izzy and Duff not looking too thrilled..Axl and Popcorn hamming it up a bit.

They dropped it.

Look at that Poison pic though...I mean,really.

Ugh.Whoever the hell started this topic needs to be banned immediately.Forever.Comparing the "look" of each band in the early day's is inevitable,I suppose ... But fashion aside,one band was horrendeous (that would be Poison - Nothing but a crap band (whoever told Bret Michaels he could sing?!),and the other basically made a mockery of the "glam scene" and went against the grain with "Appetite".Ya know,they actually had that thing called talent - Not just a glittery wardrobe writing less than mediocre songs.

Seriously,how could you EVER compare songs like "Rocket Queen" or "Mr. Brownstone" to anything Posion ever did?? It's ridiculous to even suggest Posion were anywhere near the same league as GNR.Oh,and the same thing applies to Motley Crue.Posion and Motley = The epitome of hair-metal.Axl/GNR,on the other hand ... Well,the proof is in the music.

Edited by Estrangedfx

POISON (1986)

9rkl5f.jpg

GUNS N ROSES (1986)

alrxqq.jpg

Except one had songs that were timeless, and the other sucked.

POISON (1986)

9rkl5f.jpg

GUNS N ROSES (1986)

alrxqq.jpg

Except one had songs that were timeless, and the other sucked.

and with that the thread really should be closed. Nothing sums it up better.

Guest Len B'stard

the beatles were no different from the stones...they came out of the 60s, they played guitars, they wore mod clothing!

stones.jpg

Celebrity-Image-The-Beatles-227919.jpg

*gasp*

the beatles were no different from the stones...they came out of the 60s, they played guitars, they wore mod clothing!

stones.jpg

*gasp*

I now announce my intention never to post in the same thread as Len again. Safe in the knowledge that he'll always have made my point for me and usually far more eloquently than I could manage anyway. :shrugs:

stones.jpg

*gasp*

The Beatles & The Stones were/are both great bands.

Yes just like GNR & Poison they came from pretty much the same time and place as each other,

and mostly looked the same.

If anything, this just proves my point more!