Least talented GnR Member?

Cosmo

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone who is currently in or has been in the band has talent, even Shaq. I think a better question would be, most overrated member eva?

For that the answer is Buckethead no doubt.

Nah, Buckethead was the best guitarist Gn'R had since Slash left.

Buckethead improved all of Slash's riffs and solos.

Dizzy because Axl can play his parts, he just needs him so he can move around.

Matt because all he ever did was play drums.

Edited by BirdCatcher

everyone who is currently in or has been in the band has talent, even Shaq. I think a better question would be, most overrated member eva?

For that the answer is Buckethead no doubt.

Nah, Buckethead was the best guitarist Gn'R had since Slash left.

Buckethead improved all of Slash's riffs and solos.

Dizzy because Axl can play his parts, he just needs him so he can move around.

Matt because all he ever did was play drums.

Steven also only played drums...and dipped out, too!

Hard to say, all members past and present have been quite talented. I guess I'd say Steven, as he never contributed to songwriting and isn't the most technically skilled drummer, not that that matters but if we're just talking "least talented" in general then that's him. I also voted Dizzy because even though he's a good piano player, Axl's piano parts are more important. Don't forget - on the record, Axl played Estranged. Dizzy just does it live.

DJ Ashba and Paul Tobias, easily

What? DJ is an amazing guitar player, and an even better songwriter. The guy produced and wrote for the best Motley Crue album since Dr.Feelgood, made two amazing albums with Sixx:AM that you probably haven't listened to, was a hired songwriter from the Last Vegas, writing the best songs on their album, such as I'm Bad and Whatever Gets You Off, that I bet you haven't heard either. Paul Tobias co-wrote the best CD songs with Axl! I don't get it. Either of them have better songwriting skills than Matt, Adler and Dizzy combined. And songwriting is what counts most.

What? DJ is an amazing guitar player, and an even better songwriter. The guy produced and wrote for the best Motley Crue album since Dr.Feelgood, made two amazing albums with Sixx:AM that you probably haven't listened to, was a hired songwriter from the Last Vegas, writing the best songs on their album, such as I'm Bad and Whatever Gets You Off, that I bet you haven't heard either. Paul Tobias co-wrote the best CD songs with Axl! I don't get it. Either of them have better songwriting skills than Matt, Adler and Dizzy combined. And songwriting is what counts most.

Lol he was a little boy when Dr. Feelgood came out. But yeah I don't think its fair to talk about DJ without hearing his contribution to Guns N' Roses, but as far as we can tell, he is a killer live performer.

Paul's guitar play is not as bad as anyone thinks. He's not as skilled as Richard Fortus but he could do all of Izzy's solos. Plus he helped write a lot of songs like Back off Bitch, Catcher in the Rye, Prostitute and There Was a Time.

Lol he was a little boy when Dr. Feelgood came out. But yeah I don't think its fair to talk about DJ without hearing his contribution to Guns N' Roses, but as far as we can tell, he is a killer live performer.

Paul's guitar play is not as bad as anyone thinks. He's not as skilled as Richard Fortus but he could do all of Izzy's solos. Plus he helped write a lot of songs like Back off Bitch, Catcher in the Rye, Prostitute and There Was a Time.

People hate Paul because of what Slash and Matt said about him. Questioning his musical abilities has nothing to do with it, it's not really fair :(

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

All I can say is I completely disagree. What I look for in songwriters are people who aren't afraid to be adventurous and think outside the box, try to create something that nobody else has ever tried to create. Everything I've heard that DJ has writing credit on, even the ballad of death, just sounds too familiar for me to get excited about. Sixx AM is honestly one of the worst bands I've ever heard, Saints of Los Angeles was nothing special at all, and neither was his other band Beautiul Creatures. Because the shit he writes is so familiar... I'm not saying he rips off other artists, I just don't think he has the creativity to write something memorable. If theres something of his you feel really strongly about, please share, but every Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures song I've ever heard sounds about on par with the shit I would hear at my local dive bar on wednesday night.

Paul Tobias? Please, the guy was just riding Axl's coat tails. Guitar players like that are a dime a dozen.

I know, I'm a cynical asshole

I don't know how anyone can say Adler his drumming was a key component of AFD even Izzy mentioned how important Steven was to GNR's sound. And many of the illusions song's too worked on by Adler

His contribution to the band doesn't pertain to the topic at hand at all though. I don't have any doubt in my mind that Adler was a key component in the sound of Appetite, but in a strictly technical sense, he is the least proficient drummer GN'R has ever had.

For current member I voted Tommy. Love the guy, he's the perfect bassist for the current band and he's got a killer stage presence, but he just doesn't have the chops that the rest of the guys do.

I don't know how anyone can say Adler his drumming was a key component of AFD even Izzy mentioned how important Steven was to GNR's sound. And many of the illusions song's too worked on by Adler

His contribution to the band doesn't pertain to the topic at hand at all though. I don't have any doubt in my mind that Adler was a key component in the sound of Appetite, but in a strictly technical sense, he is the least proficient drummer GN'R has ever had.

For current member I voted Tommy. Love the guy, he's the perfect bassist for the current band and he's got a killer stage presence, but he just doesn't have the chops that the rest of the guys do.

Depends what you consider Talented Brain might have advanced drumming skills but Steven knew how to get a kickass sound that's what matters to me and even half of Matt's work was Adler.His contribution was his talent directly related to the topic at hand.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• 2 weeks later...

What I look for in songwriters are people who aren't afraid to be adventurous and think outside the box, try to create something that nobody else has ever tried to create.

So what made Slash so special to you? He never did anything new, never adventured and think outside the box and whatever. He simply followed Jimmy Page's and Joe Perry's books and that's pretty much it.