Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Future of Slash

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Future of Slash (89 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you like most?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

FuddMckagan

FuddMckagan

Destroyer of Worlds

• SILVER
  • 4,991 posts
  • 15-December 08
Keep going with Myles and the Conspirators. From what I've heard of Apocalyptic Love, it sounds awesome.

Silent Jay

Silent Jay

SOUL MONSTER

• SILVER
  • 3,058 posts
  • 04-January 12
yeah, VR or his solo project aren't fun. it's time for him to have a real rockband.

Paris 2006/Geneva 2010/Lyon 2012

911886123.jpg

Tacos Or Animals

Guest_Dr. Mabuse_*

Guest_Dr. Mabuse_*
  • Guests
  • --
I don't know, but I think Slash's done. He's failing too much when he's soloing. He isn't a good guitarist anymore, just an ordinary player...

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

I don't know, but I think Slash's done. He's failing too much when he's soloing. He isn't a good guitarist anymore, just an ordinary player...

Same could be said about Axl.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
Slash and Axl may not be as good as their primes, but I still think they're really good at what they do.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Slaxls

Slaxls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • 12-October 10

This.

I'm done with Slash. He was great once, but now he just isn't putting in any real effort. He's just pissing off boring solos, with a few flashy fast notes here and there. He has terrible phrasing these days, he used to know how long to hit a note to hit that money spot, but these days he's just slap dash all over the place, there doesnt seem to be any emotion in his playing anymore, just a sort of 'yeah man, lets record it quick and capture the energyyyyyy yeahhhh' kind of bullshit which is fine in theory, but in practice it just means poorly writtten, poorly exercuted solos with no emotion or anything impressive.

There are so many better guitarists out there, he isnt even very good any more.

And I say this of the new album too from what ive heard. Nothing impressive there.

Frankly, if he didnt look the way he does then people would have stopped caring years ago.

If slash looked like gary moore and produced the shit he is producing, do you think he would still be popular?

Now, if he sounded like gary moore!

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11

I say drop Myles. The guy is too soft for Slash's sound.

Yeah, Myles comes across as too much of a "nice guy"... :lol:

I say get VR rolling again! Preferably with Scott... >_>

Edited by KiraMPD, 12 May 2012 - 10:43 AM.

"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

Guest_Dr. Mabuse_*

Guest_Dr. Mabuse_*
  • Guests
  • --

Pardon, pretty girl, but I'm afraid I disagree with you. Axl is just different now. Slash's so obviously done.

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,725 posts
  • 29-February 08

Pardon, pretty girl, but I'm afraid I disagree with you. Axl is just different now. Slash's so obviously done.

I have heard some recent videos as well as saw him last year live and I do not get the whole "obviously done" thing.

Sure I feel that his best solos came from the GNR era but I hardly think he is "done" nowadays.

Guest_Dr. Mabuse_*

Guest_Dr. Mabuse_*
  • Guests
  • --

I have heard some recent videos as well as saw him last year live and I do not get the whole "obviously done" thing.

Sure I feel that his best solos came from the GNR era but I hardly think he is "done" nowadays.

Totally done, man, totally done...

chevelle

chevelle

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts
  • 26-June 05
I thought this was a "what do you think he will do" thing, not "what would you prefer". My fault for not reading.

I don't see him ever going back to VR, though, besides maybe a few one-off gigs here and there. The dude hates working in a band situation with a "lead singer", and any steam VR still had left after Libertad is long gone after 5 years. He seems content to work with Myles for now, for better or worse.

My 8-Bit Music. My Vinyl Collection.
Posted Image
November 5th, 2006 - Continental Airlines Arena

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,725 posts
  • 29-February 08

Totally done, man, totally done...

I do not think that is the case, but whatever

RocketQueen1985

RocketQueen1985

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • 19-July 10

Yes. I kinda see a VR reunion as the only hope for me to ever get back into Slash's work. His solo stuff bores me. It's sad cause I really love Slash as a guitarist, he's so much better than what he's doing with this solo stuff right now.

tumblr_n4ygp0ZSt51qi31vgo1_400.gif

"He (Axl) is someone that loves sharing pictures of cats with my wife.

That's the guy I know."

- Bumblefoot

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11

Yes. I kinda see a VR reunion as the only hope for me to ever get back into Slash's work. His solo stuff bores me. It's sad cause I really love Slash as a guitarist, he's so much better than what he's doing with this solo stuff right now.

Well... I really like some of his solo stuff but it feels a little too "comfortable" you know? The VR line-up at least had some fire to them. That is what I mean when I say Myles comes across as too much of a "nice guy" (they all seem too "nice" imo).

I don't know... maybe I just like the schism? :shrugs:

Anyhow, Slash is at the point in his career where he doesn't have to do much of anything at all. He's achieved an almost "mythical" stature.

Edited by KiraMPD, 13 May 2012 - 06:00 AM.

"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

Motivation

Motivation

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • 21-March 12

Bring back Roadcrew!! Adler, Slash n get Duff and Myles too

this

The only one is done is YOU, stupid troll
Lennie about Putin :lol:

I'm starting to like Putin y'know.  Everything else aside you've got to respect a man named after a sound that vaginas make.

bloodboiling in the water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users