Any video of recording sessions?

dalsh327

Not mine I was set to be interviewed but then got a call from del because he saw my name on the list of people that were going to be interviewed. He said that I shouldn't do it. I said that there is nothing that I could say that would be bad for the band. He said that Axl would be up set if I helped them. So I backed off but didn't agree with it. I knew that vh1 would fuck it all up and that Axl was going to get fucked. I knew that I could have counter acted it and defended axl

Is Del James Axl´s spokeperson? I don´t get why you couldn´t talk to Axl directly. What would you have said to defend Axl?

Not mine I was set to be interviewed but then got a call from del because he saw my name on the list of people that were going to be interviewed. He said that I shouldn't do it. I said that there is nothing that I could say that would be bad for the band. He said that Axl would be up set if I helped them. So I backed off but didn't agree with it. I knew that vh1 would fuck it all up and that Axl was going to get fucked. I knew that I could have counter acted it and defended axl

Is Del James Axl´s spokeperson? I don´t get why you couldn´t talk to Axl directly. What would you have said to defend Axl?

A king has his minions.

It was more of a heads up Axl wouldn't want you to do it.

It's too bad the video shot in the later days will never been seen. Axl was having everything CD-related filmed for awhile there. Lots of studio stuff, shows, etc including some great Buckethead behind-the-scenes stuff. And you know THAT will never see the light of day.

It's too bad the video shot in the later days will never been seen. Axl was having everything CD-related filmed for awhile there. Lots of studio stuff, shows, etc including some great Buckethead behind-the-scenes stuff. And you know THAT will never see the light of day.

No, actually, we don't know that. We don't know what the future will bring. There is still a chance we'll get to see parts of it or even all of it someday.

• 4 weeks later...

Great section here, thanks for the insights Mr. C.

Just wanted to chime in as I didn't see it mentioned. There may be a bounty of recorded sessions with the estate of the late great Shannon Hoon. If anyone recalls the VH1 doc on HIS life, perhaps less watched, we see him recording Axl during UYI. The segment went something like this: Shannon walks into vocal room, Axl there looking at him like 'why are you taping me, get the camera out of here', until Shannon says "Mom, this is Axl, say Merry Christmas". Axl then smiles and says "Merry Christmas".

So look to Shannon's mom as a possible treasure trove.

Edited by axlskAmpf

• 3 weeks later...

Great section here, thanks for the insights Mr. C.

Just wanted to chime in as I didn't see it mentioned. There may be a bounty of recorded sessions with the estate of the late great Shannon Hoon. If anyone recalls the VH1 doc on HIS life, perhaps less watched, we see him recording Axl during UYI. The segment went something like this: Shannon walks into vocal room, Axl there looking at him like 'why are you taping me, get the camera out of here', until Shannon says "Mom, this is Axl, say Merry Christmas". Axl then smiles and says "Merry Christmas".

So look to Shannon's mom as a possible treasure trove.

I just watched the VH1 "Behind The Music" on Blind Melon and remembered this topic. axlskAmpf is correct, Shannon Hoon documented his own life on video and VH1s program included a lot of unreleased video footage from Shannons tapes, including a few seconds of Axl in the studio during the making of the UYI albums. You can see the full documentary below:

Don't go hassling Shannons mum though, that's just beyond insensitive even for us diehard GNR fans. We're talking about her son, a talented artist who died way before his time due to a drug overdose. Whilst it would be cool to see the footage no-one in Shannons family deserves to be hassled by us GNR fans craving unreleased video for our own selfish pleasure.

• Like 1

There is just something disturbing with Del and all of the other sycophants. This sort of behaviour cannot be good for Axl.

• 4 weeks later...