Chinese Democracy, and The Phantom Menace

Roush

TPM is the best of the prequels. I imagine CD would be the best of the trilogy if the other two ever came out.

Sometimes I really wonder about your judgement. No offence but the things you come out with astound me at times. I hope you were being sarcastic.

Edited by Dirty Harry

TPM is the best of the prequels. I imagine CD would be the best of the trilogy if the other two ever came out.

Sometimes I really wonder about your judgement. No offence but the things you come out with astound me at times.

If you like Revenge of the Sith at all I view you as a 15 year old. No "offence".

Sometimes I really wonder about your judgement. No offence but the things you come out with astound me at times.

If you like Revenge of the Sith at all I view you as a 15 year old. No "offence".

They were all shit. The Phantom Menace being the worst. You're the first person I've seen to suggest otherwise.

Edited by Dirty Harry

They were all shit. The Phantom Menace being the worst. Your the first person I've seen to suggest otherwise.

Good lord, you even think AOTC is better than TPM? What horrific taste.

They were all shit. The Phantom Menace being the worst. Your the first person I've seen to suggest otherwise.

Yeah I didn't fall asleep as fast. It was still shit.

Anyway I'm not interested in how one was worse than the other.

CD and TPM are good examples of guys surrounded by yes men thinking their shit don't stink, not to mention wasting time tinkering with style over substance.

Yeah I didn't fall asleep as fast. It was still shit.

Anyway I'm not interested in how one was worse than the other.

CD and TPM are good examples of guys surrounded by yes men thinking their shit don't stink, not to mention wasting time tinkering with style over substance.

Attack of the Clones is a far worse movie than Phantom.. Phantom actually has enjoyable scenes and is just more like 'a children's Star Wars' where Revenge is like a child trying to be serious.. Attack is just pure shit. Think nothing of it.

back to Chinese, it's similar being the one that followed the legacy many years later and failed to live up to expectations, but the songs on it are no children games, some of which tend to be pretty magnificent. Doubt "the next one" will be better than Chinese.. but hopefully more popular!

by the way, haven't been checking out the news section for awhile, are people still expecting a new record? is there anything that suggests it? -a simple 'yes' or 'no' will do, if yes, I can research myself =)

Attack of the Clones is a far worse movie than Phantom.. Phantom actually has enjoyable scenes and is just more like 'a children's Star Wars' where Revenge is like a child trying to be serious.. Attack is just pure shit. Think nothing of it.

4274830+_4e0f51cf9c46bc12372f8ecc9e9df5ed.jpg

EDIT: and no, there's pretty much no chance of a new album

Edited by bacardimayne

Funny how The Phantom Menace is the one with the worst score on imdb. Also Jar Jar Cuntface ruins the whole movie. But Clones was shit, in a different way though. Fuck it, what does it matter. They are all uniquely shit. Thank fuck Lucas will be kept in the background for the sequels.

IMDB is frequented mainly by 16 year olds who think The Dark Knight and Inception are the best movies of all time.

The thing about "Jar Jar Cuntface" is, he's a relatively minor character who doesn't have much impact on the story. If you take him out, the movie is relatively unharmed. If you take out the stuff that makes AOTC and ROTS shit, you no longer have a movie.

Edited by bacardimayne

Maybe so. For the record, those movies are overrated too. But really, I have never come across anyone that likes TPM. Maybe you could explain why you rate it in a star wars thread or something.

I don't like it, I'd just give it a 4 or 5 out of 10 as opposed to a 2 or 3 for the other two.

And this is a Star Wars thread. To compare two things it helps to discuss them.

Edited by bacardimayne

GNFNR: Episode VI - Revenge of the Slash

It is a period of touring, touring and more touring. The Rebel leakers have gone into hiding, and the evil Brazilian Empire has taken total control of all band operations.

gunsfans.jpg

"So, like, you guys are a totally kickass band. But this is fucking boring. Any chance of hearing some new music soon???"

nuguns.jpg

"Why thank you. And no. Soon is not the word."

darthvadernoooo.jpg

Edited by axlsalinger

You're mad if you dont think ROTS is the best of the PT. It destroys TPM and AOTC

Empire Strikes Back beats all though and OT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PT (Although I do like ROTS a lot)

And I love Plinckett's reviews :rofl-lol: Anyone want a pizza role?

Edited by ZoSoRose

The Phantom Menace almost had a good and unique synopsis (underwater settings, civil unbalance, pod racing) but such ideas were executed poorly thanks to other factors of the movie (little kid, political flaws, Jar Jar).

Attack Of the Clones was just plain shit.

Revenge Of the Sith was the best of three (for me at least) simply because it tried it's best to ignore the other two (very little Jar Jar, e.t.c). With that being said, there were still some things it couldn't erase (Hayden Christensen, e.t.c) so it was still overall a bad movie.

More on topic, Axl Rose is basically the George Lucas of rock. They were both young rebellious artists who defined their own genres and earned the respect of virtually everyone until the egos drove them into being recluses and when they returned they were physically unbalanced and because of their past legacies, they were able to turn everyone around them into yes-men so that they could get away with whatever.

Axl's advantage is that Chinese Democracy was still somewhat decent (though it should not be labeled as a Guns N' Roses record) while the Star Wars prequels are total shit. George's advantage is that he eventually realized he fucked up and is now trying to make up for his mistakes by hiring new, and much more professional people, to make new movies that will hopefully restore the Star Wars reputation, while Axl has yet to do something like this.

Edited by rocknroll41

I agree with you dude. TPM was the best of the prequels. Although nowhere near as good as any of the "Holy Trilogy", I still watch it maybe once a year. And to the haters, even you have to admit that the song playing during the lightsaber threeway between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul (Duel of the fates) is awesome. Try watching that and not sing along. Or at least hum it.

Revenge Of the Sith was the best of three (for me at least) simply because it tried it's best to ignore the other two (very little Jar Jar, e.t.c). With that being said, there were still some things it couldn't erase (Hayden Christensen, e.t.c) so it was still overall a bad movie.

But it was a complete clusterfuck of poorly paced, unaesthetically pleasing action scenes. The first act (space battle-Palpatine rescue) is the worst in all of Star Wars.

Edited by bacardimayne

But it was a complete clusterfuck of poorly paced, unaesthetically pleasing action scenes. The first act (space battle-Palpatine rescue) is the worst in all of Star Wars.

Some of it was, yes. Basically, like with the The Phantom Menace, the overall synopsis sounds promising, George simply didn't execute his ideas properly. George can probably write a really good two-paragraph summary or something, but he has issues with writing a full script with fleshed out dialogue and ideas and his editing skills are awful (nothing but an overuse of CGI and shot-reverse-shot). So I'm really glad now for the new movies he's getting other people to do that stuff for him, not to mention people who have reputations of being really good at what they do (Michael Ardnt, Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg, JJ Abrams).

Edited by rocknroll41

Some of it was, yes. Basically, like with the The Phantom Menace, the overall synopsis sounds promising, George simply didn't execute his ideas properly. George can probably write a really good two-paragraph summary or something, but he has issues with writing a full script with fleshed out dialogue and ideas and his editing skills are awful (nothing but an overuse of CGI and shot-reverse-shot). So I'm really glad now for the new movies he's getting other people to do that stuff for him, not to mention people who have reputations of being really good at what they do (Michael Ardnt, Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg, JJ Abrams).

i really think the sequel trilogy is going to be special. these are the movies ive dreamt about as a kid after watching return of the jedi and reading dark empire. really seems disney is going all out and hiring talented as hell people that have a passion for the franchise. the only thing i was worried about was not having the original cast back but that seems really likely now.

as for rots, i totally disagree. i thought the story was pretty decent and liked the battle of corescant. i do with the movies didnt rely on so much shitty cgi though. the movie had its problems but i have no problems calling it a star wars film. the only real redeaming factor for phantom menace and to a lesser extent, clones, is nostalgia and a few highlights like ewan mcgregor, maul and the lightsaber dual (disagree with plincket, i liked the duals in the prequels) and a few other things. i watch them once in while just because theyre star wars but they are very disappointing.

my ranking is empire > new hope > jedi > sith >>> phantom > clones