Have we (the fans) gotten the hint?

Vincent Vega

That hint had started early 90's I guess?

I've been a fan for 4 years and the buzz every month has been really fun for me.

I'm still enjoying to be a fan. GNR here, there everywhere....almost every site good and bad... billboard chart, best rock band live, etc.

Let's be honest here, Gn'R is long dead, ever since the departure of Slash & Duff anyways. The issue now is with Axl's nuGn'R band that since its inception was a promising rock project, but has since failed in basically all fronts, besides touring the Greatest Hits (which I love).

Has the fanbase yet gotten the hint that GN'R, it's members and management, at best do not care at all about the fans or what the fans want, and at worst view the fanbase with contempt, as the enemy?

Let's consider a few things we've gotten in just the last month alone:

Beta's alleged texting stating: "I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

The band essentially dismissing 5 simple questions the fanbase had put together about the future of the band?

Beta dismissing Manets' (who is a big fan and supporter of Axl and New GNR, the farthest from a hater) hope GN'R would go to the studio soon by saying: "complaints, complaints, complaints."

Chris Pitman's recent interview where he said: "Just like Guns. We don't care, you know? We'll go out and play songs that people know, but we're not knocking ourselves out to release new music. There's no need to, now. It's not the time or place."

Let's also consider:

The consistent excuses that "life [got] in the way" of the band even recording a single song together since 2009--FOUR years ago?

Axl saying a new record at some point was a "definite maybe"?

Del coming out the other day in an interview and saying that Axl will put out material when he wants to and feels it's ready?

Have we not gotten the message? It's two fold, from the band and it's camp to us, basically they're saying:

1) Fuck you (or as Del James put it, "suck my dick")

2) Don't expect new material for a good long time.

Del in his interview blasted those who leaked the recent leaks as thieves, crooks.....But in the same interview, he talked about how he didn't pay taxes to the IRS because he never thought he'd live long enough to have to pay taxes, and so he partied it up and spent every penny he had without paying taxes until he was locked up. Isn't that just as crooked? And in the mind of a leaker, and in the mind of someone who listens to leaks, might they not be leaking/listening because maybe in their mind they feel they'll never live to see GN'R officially release another song/album, so they might as well just hear it any way they can?

How many ways do the band and members of it's inner circle have to say they're not on our side?

If this band doesn't give a fuck about us, or even about putting out a new song, why should we give a fuck about them?

so do you have a backup plan? If they hate you and you've come to terms with this what's next for you? And everyone that agrees with what you said? Are you going to continue following the band and being an active member in the online community or do you plan on giving up and devoting that energy towards a new band?

Guest Len B'stard

Newsflash, management of rock n roll band do not care about fans. Uh...this is news how? Do you think The Stones or any other fuckin' bands management stays up nights worrying about 'the fans'? What do you expect, care supplies, relief packages, a handjob?

Beta's alleged texting stating: "I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

The one thing everybody seems to forget here is that she's basically channeling Axl's feelings. She knows exactly how to deal with Axl after all those years, so she knows his stance on these things.

And one song and a couple of remixes doesn't really account to "We don't need to put anything out now." As if they were really going to release anything anyway? I'd be happy with more leaks, considering it's probably the only way we're going to hear new material anyway. Going down was finally a decent song!

some bands cater to the fans. GNR haven't had the luxury to nuture their fanbase because it was polarized by Axl keeping the name. So label/management/Axl are more cautious. Or Axl just wants to do it his way. And doesn't fit the model. He's not catering to fans or doing records because it's time to do one. He does it when he's ready or the label are ready. I don't think anyone involved wants to throw up a brick.

The band is perfectly entitled to ignore the forums. They tour pretty successfully with or without the forums' support. Most of the people who have seen them over the last few years won't even know that Going Down leaked. What's weird is, if they do see the hardcore fans, the ones who support the current line-up and want to hear their music instead of the classics, as irrelevant to their plans, why do they get so upset about what happens on the forums?

The band is perfectly entitled to ignore the forums. They tour pretty successfully with or without the forums' support. Most of the people who have seen them over the last few years won't even know that Going Down leaked. What's weird is, if they do see the hardcore fans, the ones who support the current line-up and want to hear their music instead of the classics, as irrelevant to their plans, why do they get so upset about what happens on the forums?

Because they're idiots :)

What else is new? Guns n' Roses is reduced to a poor-to-mediocre live coverband, no new material will be released and management are being incompetent childish cunts towards fans. seems like every day GnR life.

I do blame mainly Axl for this, but people can't deny shit has only gottent worse since Team Brazil took over.

It's great being a GnR fan!

Edited by username

What else is new? Guns n' Roses is reduced to a poor-to-mediocre live coverband, no new material will be released and management are being incompetent childish cunts towards fans. seems like every day GnR life.

I do blame mainly Axl for this, but people can't deny shit has only gottent worse since Team Brazil took over.

It's great being a GnR fan!

Axl is pussy... no other way to say it

Man.. If that text is real, that's it. I give the fuck up. Completely. Everthing should leak. The whole freakin' vault, in a way they don't have anything "new" to release even if they wanted to. If that freakin' text is real, fuck Beta. Fuck.

I get the impression at this point they would rather not have a hardcore fan base, we seem to be perceived as a nuisance. I guess the casual, ask no questions ticket buying public are preferred. It's very sad that they can't put their annoyance at the leaks (and I think they are entitled to be a bit peed off) to one side and capitalise on the positive reception Going Down has had. To say that the leaking of 3 demos, two of which were alt versions of an old song, means everything is spoilt is the kind of response I would tell my six year old off for. A manager of a major rock band should be much more neutral than this. Of course here lies one of the biggest problems in TB managing the band rather than just Axl, it's not business anymore it's personal.

I get the impression at this point they would rather not have a hardcore fan base, we seem to be perceived as a nuisance. I guess the casual, ask no questions ticket buying public are preferred. It's very sad that they can't put their annoyance at the leaks (and I think they are entitled to be a bit peed off) to one side and capitalise on the positive reception Going Down has had. To say that the leaking of 3 demos, two of which were alt versions of an old song, means everything is spoilt is the kind of response I would tell my six year old off for. A manager of a major rock band should be much more neutral than this. Of course here lies one of the biggest problems in TB managing the band rather than just Axl, it's not business anymore it's personal.

man you are absolutely spot on, to them we are not fans, they dont see us that way, to them the only "fans" are the people who show up to shows and dont ask questions, we are just another group of people who are OUT TA GET HIM!

My guess is that the reason Axl and Team Brazil hate us so much is because we're an undying reminder that they should, you know, do stuff.

We all know Axl seemingly lives outside of time in terms of presenting anything to the fans, and God knows Team Brazil is just in this for the lifestyle/money. Fans needs don't exactly fit into either agenda.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

man you are absolutely spot on, to them we are not fans, they dont see us that way, to them the only "fans" are the people who show up to shows and dont ask questions, we are just another group of people who are OUT TA GET HIM!

rock3

rock3

sad part is I am now humming Out ta get me :P

Has the fanbase yet gotten the hint that the management, at best do not care at all about the fans or what the fans want, and at worst view the fanbase with contempt, as the enemy?

FIxed.

The "management" and "the band" are interchangeable, since "the management" also happens to be Axl's mom and happens to run Axl's life, and Axl runs the band. Whenever Beta speaks, she's speaking what Axl feels and is representing him not only as his manager, but as his Mother and his life organizer. That's been her role since at least 2001.