MSL been talkin shit but doesn't have a clue

recklessroad

We understand - few people listen to MSL here.

Marc, you are probably not aware of the MSL character and the forum politics but he has absolutely no moral scruple. He spent the best part of the new band era trying to coax leaks from other potential hoarders with leaks he claimed to have in his possession. He also tried to bribe Axl and the new band with a big cache of documents which had - allegedly - been ripped from Beta's email. The whole thing was disgustingly egotistical: he created a youtube video which went viral, claiming to 'leak the story of CD'. The FBI shut this particular operation down, and since then he has turned very pro-Axl and basically become a sycophantic informant (he testified against the guy who put Chinese Democracy up as a feed).

There is not a trace of morality in his make-up.

• Like 2

Finally, finally, finally. Thank you Marc for showing to this entire community that he's fuckin' full of shit.

I bought your book when it was first released. The printing is awesome but the content? Man, that's just priceless. My favorite band's first steps to glory were captured and that was possible because you were there and, the very reason why the ones who have bought or seen your book could have access to it, is because you decided to release it, even against Axl's wishes.

Profit? Money? Yeah, this book has made Marc a millionaire. That's why he works 24/7 at Canter Deli.

A loser is questioning one true insider who ate, slept and worked with the band for years? Who was one of Axl's closest friends? Who is Slash's current friend? Who helped the guys when they were nothing but a gang trying to get their music out? Who brought us an exclusive Slash interview?

I don't know about you, but I know who I should trust.

• Like 1

Marc it is a shame that you have to even make a post like this because the vast majority thinks of you as a genuine guy who put the book out for genuine and honest reasons - people like MSL I don't know why they would think otherwise. But nonetheless thank you for really laying out how it is.

This is a great opportunity to thank you again for releasing the book. It truly is - and I am not just saying this because you are on the forums - one of the greatest rock band related books out there. The candid photos of the band in action, the documentation of all of the setlists and notable moments of each show, the interviews, etc. It is all fantastic and I really am appreciative of you sacrificing so much to ensure that fans like us can read it and enjoy it.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

Marc,

With all due respect, couldn't you have written a book about the current Guns N Roses, the making of Chinese Democracy, and their rise to the top just as easily? I'm just playing devil's advocate, but it's understandable how Axl could have construed your "labor of love" as salt in a very opened wound. As an outsider looking in, it's almost as if you chose to side with the devil (aka Slash) when you decided to promote an era of Axl's life that many of us, Axl included, would rather forget.

Ali

I doubt you and Axl are on the same page here. He wouldn't sing the same songs from that era in every show he puts on if he would rather forget.

Marc,

With all due respect, couldn't you have written a book about the current Guns N Roses, the making of Chinese Democracy, and their rise to the top just as easily? I'm just playing devil's advocate, but it's understandable how Axl could have construed your "labor of love" as salt in a very opened wound. As an outsider looking in, it's almost as if you chose to side with the devil (aka Slash) when you decided to promote an era of Axl's life that many of us, including Axl, would rather forget.

Ali

I hope this is a joke. Someone put that Heath Ledger picture up, 'not sure if serious'?

Marc,

With all due respect, couldn't you have written a book about the current Guns N Roses, the making of Chinese Democracy, and their rise to the top just as easily? I'm just playing devil's advocate, but it's understandable how Axl could have construed your "labor of love" as salt in a very opened wound. As an outsider looking in, it's almost as if you chose to side with the devil (aka Slash) when you decided to promote an era of Axl's life that many of us, including Axl, would rather forget.

Ali

Wow.

Marc,

Ali

I hope this is a joke. Someone put that Heath Ledger picture up, 'not sure if serious'?

Marc,

With all due respect, couldn't you have written a book about the current Guns N Roses, the making of Chinese Democracy, and their rise to the top just as easily?

Well he wasn't documenting the band at that point. He has said the reason why he was so intent on taking photos back in the day and documenting the band was because they weren't a big band and he knew that they were going to be big. He was the only one to document the old days

As an outsider looking in, it's almost as if you chose to side with the devil (aka Slash) when you decided to promote an era of Axl's life that many of us, Axl included, would rather forget.

Or rather as an outsider, it just seems like he documented one of the coolest moments in GNR - their rise from zero to one of the biggest bands ever. I would argue you are in the minority of being one of the people who would rather forget those times.

Not the real Ali you gullible idiots.

Not the real Ali you gullible idiots.

Shit, I didn't even see that!

I wish it was easier to see how many posts a user has on the mobile version of the site

I admit, he had me fooled until I went to quote it and noticed it was a capital i in his name and not an L. :lol:

Subtle BBA is the best BBA.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think this is just what MSL wants. I will keep tabs on this topic to follow the inevitable debate, though.

Could very well be the case. With MSL there's always more to it than it seems.

EDIT: aww shit here we go

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1