U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

I hear you man. I used to think that interference would be different than other fan forums, but it's just like this place. I only go there for tour info now. If they ain't touring then I stay away. Fan forum aren't really for fans, it's for people to analyze, dissect, and criticize something they claim they were inspired by. It's sickening really. I've seen numerous people on interfernce claim every album since Joshua tree sucked or that ATYCLB is a piece of shit and so on. I just shake my head at that shit. I don't know who these epeople are. U2 fans on the Internet are way different than the ones I encouter in the GA lines. U2 GA lines are magical. People from the whole world waiting In line for the best live band on the planet. Can't wait for this show. I'll be at the San Jose shows. So mygnr will be represented for the first four shows. I'll also be at the last MSG show, too

When I look at the world and wild honey are good songs. I like grace, too.

But, that tour was amazing and it's ridiculous to pick bands apart on the Internet. Imagine if the Internet was ruled by the idea of " if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all ". The Internet would lose half its content if people didn't use it as a forum to complain about stuff.

But, that tour was amazing and it's ridiculous to pick bands apart on the Internet. Imagine if the Internet was ruled by the idea of " if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all ". The Internet would lose half its content if people didn't use it as a forum to complain about stuff.

U2 album cover may be illegal 'gay propaganda," says Russian lawmaker
http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ ... f=obinsite

A Russian lawmaker has asked prosecutors to figure out if Apple violated his country's ban on gay propaganda last year while delivering U2's latest record to iTunes users for free, according to the Associated Press.

I'd make fun of this if I didn't have to double check to make sure this wasn't actually a U.S. congressman coming up with this stuff.

Izvestia, a publication reportedly loyal to the Kremlin, reported Wednesday it has seen a copy of Alexander Starovoitov's appeal to prosecutors, which supposedly says the cover of "Songs of Innocence" shows two men "in a display of nontraditional sexual relations."

That's a pretty wide swath of possibilities, right there.

The cover actually shows shirtless U2 drummer Larry Mullen Jr. hugging his 18-year-old son.

Maybe they were listening to Harry Chapin.

The Associated Press said it's unclear whether there will be an investigation.

Doesn't Russia have bigger fish to fry?

Apparently some Russians think so, as some are ridiculing the idea, comparing it to President Vladimir Putin controversial move to kiss a small boy's stomach during a TV appearance in 2006.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I hear you man. I used to think that interference would be different than other fan forums, but it's just like this place. I only go there for tour info now. If they ain't touring then I stay away. Fan forum aren't really for fans, it's for people to analyze, dissect, and criticize something they claim they were inspired by. It's sickening really. I've seen numerous people on interfernce claim every album since Joshua tree sucked or that ATYCLB is a piece of shit and so on. I just shake my head at that shit. I don't know who these epeople are. U2 fans on the Internet are way different than the ones I encouter in the GA lines. U2 GA lines are magical. People from the whole world waiting In line for the best live band on the planet. Can't wait for this show. I'll be at the San Jose shows. So mygnr will be represented for the first four shows. I'll also be at the last MSG show, too

Being a fan doesnt mean you love everything

And MYGNR is awesome

No, being a fan doesn't mean you love everything about a band, but if you are going to spend your free time on the Internet discussing a band then you should love everything about that band. I don't understand why you would come to a fan forum and complain and feed into negative energies about creations from the band.

I don't agree that just because you're on the internet you shoudl love everything about a band. I'm a fan but I'm not blind. There's room for honest praise and honest criticism

11071577_10155603694745397_2925896885387

• Like 1

Yeah, but these forums are largely comprised of people who don't share their love for the band, instead they just say stuff that is pointless and then argue with each other. Seriously, do you like arguing with people on the Internet? Especially about a band? This particular forum is unique because of Axl's path with his life and career, but I don't get people complaining about how a band hasn't made a good album in X amount of years and then continue to frequent a fan forum. That picture is a trip. On the subject, I'm beginning to wonder if seats will be better than GA on this tour, the stage is looking awesome. I have done GA for the last 35 shows (ATYCLB, vertigo, and 360 tour) and the seats seem like a better choice on this tour. Are you doing GA for the Vancouver shows?

Edited by Carlos Castaneda

Yeah, but these forums are largely comprised of people who don't share their love for the band, instead they just say stuff that is pointless and then argue with each other. Seriously, do you like arguing with people on the Internet? Especially about a band? This particular forum is unique because of Axl's path with his life and career, but I don't get people complaining about how a band hasn't made a good album in X amount of years and then continue to frequent a fan forum. That picture is a trip. On the subject, I'm beginning to wonder if seats will be better than GA on this tour, the stage is looking awesome. I have done GA for the last 35 shows (ATYCLB, vertigo, and 360 tour) and the seats seem like a better choice on this tour. Are you doing GA for the Vancouver shows?

Yeah I hear you on that. I mean GnR doesn't really have a big enough catelogue but yeah there are people with like 40 000+ posts on interference who do nothing but bitch about how albums ahve sucked since Joshua Tree. That makes zero sense to me.

I'm not doing GA in Vancouver. I've got front row first balcony at centre ice for the first show and then row 17 in the lower bowl at centre ice for the second show. In MOntreal in June I'm GA for night one and then night two my seats are the same as they re in Vancouver for night one.

I bought a ticket for the London O2 in november. Quite expensive.

u2%20london.gif

I'm only interested in GA and blocks 10x, because the far blocks are too far for me. The lateral blocks (101-3, 110-2) were about £180 including fees and shipping which is absurd. I got a ticket in 117 which was £102 in all.

I'm not even a big fan so the show better be really good to make this worth it.

Sad news of Larry's father passing away on Sunday at the age of 92. The band flew back to Dublin from Vancouver today and will attend the funeral tomorrow and then fly back to Vancouver immediately after to open the tour on Thursday night. That's some serious dedication. They could ahve easily cancelled or postponed and who would've complained? Only idiots. Instead of cancelling though they carry on like true rock stars of life. Not just music. That's a seriously crazy schedule and obviously an emotional time. But they just play through it. It's hard to hate on them in my opinion.

http://m.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0512/700570-larry-mullens-father-has-died-aged-92/

The merchandise sucks. I looked at it today. Bland, boring and ugly. Pretty much par for the course when it comes to U2 merchandise though. It's already on sale outside at the venue. I showed up at about 2pm today just to check things out and it's insane. There were about 40 people in line at the merch stand and about 70 people in line for GA.. I swear nobody except me had english as a first language. Fucking weird. The GA line started on Monday. I honestly think people who line up that early are fucking morons. Just my opinion.

People are already in line for Vancouver GA.

Yup. the morons started it on Monday. I bet these clowns paper doll themselves when the doors open. Nothing to do with being fans and everything to do with ego and a desperate need to validate their own fandom. That's my opinion anyways

No, I agree with you. It is ridiculous. The night before is one thing, but lining up on Monday for a show on Thursday? That's stupid.

As for the merch, some of them look like bootleg shirts. There's two black ones that look decent, and the zip up hoodie looks like the nicest piece of clothing. As usual, the women's shirts look the nicest, but I'm not a woman, so.

I think merch designs got lazy in the early 2000's for most bands. You don't see shirts like this anymore at shows:

9f981282dafca167806605de3eb72751.jpg

$_35.JPG

Disappointing, because these are the shirts I'd rather buy. I don't usually buy shirts anymore unless it's an event specific shirt.

Yeah I never buy shirts anymore. They always seems to suck. Boring, Bland and ugly. Plus extremely over priced.

the zip up hoodie caught my eye BUT there is nothing on the back. basically you're paying $90 for a black zip up with a mini u2 logo on the front. RIP OFF!

I can't wait for the show. About 16.5 hours to go give or take 30 minutes I think,.

Sometimes band shirts are cool if they have an exclusive design for your town with tour dates, otherwise it's not worth fighting a merch booth crowd to get an overpriced shirt

U2's seem especially lazy :lol:

OgjjoKY.png